Author Topic: I have the worst best academy... That sucks.  (Read 15556 times)

DeGlen

• Professional team
  • Rsc Arsenal - NT manager
    • View Profile
I have the worst best academy... That sucks.
« on: October 17, 2014, 11:32:15 AM »
I'm not really someone who quickly complains, but now I'm just tired of it.
I have my the best academy for quite a few seasons now, I don't know exactly which season I got it, but back then I must have been the 9th or 10th club with the best academy. Since that day, my BEST academy gave me 2 LA10's 3 LA9's, and I'm really happy that I got those players but then it frustrates me that there are clubs with also a the best academy who get 2 LA10's and 3 LA9's EVERY SEASON. Every season again, there are even some Thai or Chinese clubs with only a very good academy, who seem to get better players than I do.

You probably think now: "why is he complaining? He probably gets loads of LA8's, and that also not bad!"... Indeed, an LA8 ain't bad at all, but my academy gave me only 4 LA8's! You start to understand why I'm complaining and I'm frustrated? In at least 6 seasons with the best academy (or maybe 7) I got 2 LA10's, 3 LA9's en 4 LA8's... For those LA8's it is already hard to get into my team, because all those LA7's I've got earlier, when I didn't have the best academy, have much more experience, and because of that, are better.

And I don't want to be arrogant or something, but an LA7 is USELESS for me, an LA7 coming out of my academy today, will NEVER make it to my squad. I've been forced to buy good young players to train for the future, because my youth isn't good enough.

And this season is the worst. Allright, I got my 2nd LA10 EVER! SO YEAY PARTY!... But the 3 other players I already promoted this season... They make me write this, because it is just ridiculous. I got an LA5 en 2 LA6's, OUT OF A THE BEST ACADEMY! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? REALLY? A 5? AND A 6? EVEN 2 LA6's? I'VE SPENT A FUCKING 10 MILLION FOR THAT 'BEST' ACADEMY, AND THAT'S WHAT YOU GIVE ME? C'MON GOKICKOFF, you can't be serious anymore!

So this season I can still call up 3 more youth players. In my academy I still have 10players in it, because yes, I'm naive enough to believe I can't ALWAYS get bad youth, so I buy a new one every time I promote or fire one. But well, from those 10 players, there are 4 of whom I can see the scout report yet. They are 7-8, 7-9, 6-8 and 7-8. I shall predict what will probably happen when I promote them. They will be LA 7, 7, 6 and 7. I've learned that from my experiences. But anyway, because of their positions, the only one of them that might be usefull to me is that LA 7-9, but only if he's a 9. Otherwise he's also useless for me.

So for now I claim that I am the club with the worst best academy. If you believe yours is even worse, let me know! :) It'll ease my pain.
6x Champions of Belgium
18x Belgium Cup-finalist: 9x Winner, 9x Runner-up
Quarter-finalist WCL Season 4
Semi-finalist WCL Season 5
Round of 16 WCL Season 11
Former NT-manager and U21-Manager Belgium

xerexy

• National Team
    • View Profile
Re: I have the worst best academy... That sucks.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 11:50:37 AM »
Hi,

for now from academy :

when it was good level I recived 2/9/3 DML 16y and with The best 4/8/4 AML this season 17y all the rest is not usefoul or PR2 or max LA7 :)

enjoy :)

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 02:44:03 PM »
Academy youth LA drop is clear since last seansons. There are lucky people who find more than one LA10 in the same sesons...and people that not...generally youth potential is low now...and it is good because if too many great player would be all over the game, it would be a little bit unrealistic. But i agree that with a 10 million G academy is pretty frustating your situation.  But it just bad or good luck :(
---- Proud Member of Portugal Top Level League ----

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 04:45:47 PM »
De Glen, I had the best academy in 1st 20 I think  . Since the beginning I got in LA : 1x 11, 4 x 10 ( 1 from VG aca ) But 3 of them are from change for 300 k g , so strict from primary poll I got only 3. I tell you that others which have great youth season by season make it by g or tokens. I think that I spent around 2,1 mln g each season for new youth.

so we are or pretty same level of luck, and its about medium I think. Others spent a lot g or tokens
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

DeGlen

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 08:31:04 PM »

so we are or pretty same level of luck, and its about medium I think. Others spent a lot g or tokens

Since I'm premium I got some free tokens and I've used 18 of them. The first 6 I used to buy new youth I don't remember. Last season I got one of my LA9's with 6 tokens, and this season my 6 tokens gave me a LA5... So I'm getting doubts by the fact that tokens give better youth...
Today I bought a new youth with 300k, and because it was a player on a position where I really need someone for the future, I immediately promoted him. He's a 6.. And youthplayers I've bought for 300k in the previous seasons weren't great either...
6x Champions of Belgium

raketa

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 08:53:57 PM »
I have best academy 6 years. For all time I have just 4 LA8 player ( 2 this year ) 5 season x 7 player = 35 player from best academy. And just 2 La 8 with pr 3 that is really really bad. This season I have 2 La 8 but I wait report and pay 900 000 for new player. This season I will wait report for 4 player.

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 12:38:10 AM »
De Glen, i think that tokens or G is the same thing, i mean if you call 3 extra players every week, finally it is more probable that you can take out an high LA player...i think that Ruta is saying that, not that tokens give better youth .

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 02:10:24 AM »

Since I'm premium I got some free tokens and I've used 18 of them. The first 6 I used to buy new youth I don't remember. Last season I got one of my LA9's with 6 tokens, and this season my 6 tokens gave me a LA5... So I'm getting doubts by the fact that tokens give better youth...
Today I bought a new youth with 300k, and because it was a player on a position where I really need someone for the future, I immediately promoted him. He's a 6.. And youthplayers I've bought for 300k in the previous seasons weren't great either...

Tokens give you the option of more youths, I mean, you pay for reports, and you must not wait for them, so that means 3 new youth every week (if you wait for reports, is not 3 every week).

More youths = more chances of geting better players, is simple, probability question (maths never fails)

In my opinion, like you said, tokens doesn't mean better player, neither premium, like some users think.

Be patient, I hope you can write next time telling us you were lucky with youths!!!.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:12:12 AM by Sopelana »
Nombre del club : Sopelana C.F. (50354)

Drahcir

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 06:35:04 AM »
I've also had LA 5-6 players from my "best" academy, it sucks! What I'm wondering is why are these players even in the academy... I know this is not the fact, but one would think that players get into the academy because they have some kind of skill or potential. Then why is there LA 6 players in the best academies? If I could choose now I wouldn't accept anyone into the academy below LA8, even if that means no one comes in a whole season.

On the other hand, one of my best players and my captain is a LA6
http://www.gokickoff.com/team_player_detail.php?player_id=4036482 ;)

princessq

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 08:02:28 AM »
Sadly I play this game from season 4. It's totally 9 seasons and almost 3 year in real world. I am not premium for some earlier seasons and maybe not active enough. I promote all my youth only from the give player, no extra youth for G/T.

You guess what? except the first season,  i got 5 season G academy and 3 season VG, what my youth talent from all these output is 1 8/2 and 2 7/4. and even worse these player was promote  after i buy the premium. bad luck? or maybe some curse?

I haven't got enough money for BEST ACADEMY and better facilities yet...

By the way, my first LA9 was bought from you, De Glen. This AML http://www.gokickoff.com/team_player_detail.php?player_id=7337151
So hard to train him....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:11:52 AM by princessq »
Team: Rossi
12    B-2   ?
11   C-8   #1          7   C-8   #4
10   C-8   #7          6   D-2   #1
  9   C-8   #6          5   D-2   #4
  8   C-8   #3          4   D-2   #6

DeGlen

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 09:15:58 AM »

By the way, my first LA9 was bought from you, De Glen. This AML http://www.gokickoff.com/team_player_detail.php?player_id=7337151
So hard to train him....

Haha, yea, he's 1 of my 3 LA9's :p.. I got him from academy on the age of 19, with CA3 LA9 PR3... I didn't even want to try :p So I sold him..
My other LA9's and 10's are all PR3 as well, so it takes ages for them to reach full potential... Luckily they were a bit younger than Leo Kock.
6x Champions of Belgium

panjcof

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 04:00:59 PM »
New season same problems!  :o
I really regret my 10 million G for the best academy! I could have bought many good players for that money!
This season i got GK 4/4/4,GK 2/6/3, DC 3/7/3, MR 3/7/3, MC 3/6/3, MC 3/7/3 and FC 3/7/3 and when you have 30k per week of maintainance costs academy ain't worth that money.  ???

Andy

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • leeds utd
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 05:48:03 PM »
Oh Mate, that is rough luck :(

Do you think you should reconsider how you use yor academy? You must have promoted these players blind unless you spent a sackful of tokens on early reports. You get 8 youths in your academy, so have you got a LA14 sitting unused in your academy?

For me, I promoted one youth blind (I couldn't resist it) and then I immediately recruited another 3 for 900,000 to take me to the max of 10 youths. I now have to wait until week 4 to get my first report and start deciding who to promote. Probably I will spend at leat another 300,000.

Maybe you are thinking you don't want to throw another 1m on an academy that doesnt produce the players you want but on the other hand you do need to give yourself a chance...............

There are no gaurentees with the Academy but it has to be said you have had the rottonest of luck so far, I hope other things in S13 go your way - maybe you can win a string of unexpected penelties and ghost your way to the final of WCC :P

leeds utd (114207)

English League: Top League - Winners s10, s11, s13, s15
Trophies: National Cup s8,s9,s10,s14,  4 minor league titles.

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 06:25:35 PM »
I think that developers lower academy level effectiveness  in order to "invite" people to buy tokens and pull out extra youths. But for sure i am too malicious  :)

chuncho_

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 06:46:36 PM »
maybe

can be, I think that having more teams with the best academy players who appear equally divided into these teams

if before had 100 teams best 100 He looked very good players
Now there are 500 teams in best He also cover the same 100 players good

unless very lucky, would tend to lower the possibility of finding good players
I have much luck in recent seasons, now not much

Mubashar

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 04:51:18 AM »
I have a GOOD Academy.

I had 7 players this season. 4 of them were released on free (2/4/2) for 7,600 G. Remaining 3 (LA 5 or 6) are on sale for 100 G each.  ::)

Even degrading academy needs 100 kG.

BuddAbass

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 05:07:08 AM »
I have v.good academy This season i got AML3/7/4 GK2/7/2 DMR3/6/5  and when you have 15k per week of maintainance costs academy ain't worth that money.

AML17 3/7/4 =250k
GK18 2/7/2 =10k
DMR15 3/6/5 = 60k =320k-85% =272000

maintainance  15000*4(week)*5(m/SS) =300000 :o   :'(    :'(
If you release player on free  You must pay compensation around 10000g (4youths)  ???

Aca V.good I investment 4m+1.5m+1m+250k+50k=6.8M ,Hope get some better youths .  :D

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:38:19 PM by BuddAbass »

panjcof

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 10:04:37 AM »
Andy mate,thx for you support but i guess it's just a bad luck. I pulled out all players blind like every season (for me personally tokens are expensive) and the only left player in the academy was 19yrs old so i sacked him immediatily :) Also,my finances are 1m debt so i couldn't afford buying new players. As you can see i didn't have any other option,cause waiting couple of weeks is bad for the players cause they are losing quality training. I  agree with the others-more academies less quality players. So the only thing we could expect is getting more worse players I am affraid. ;-(

djacko

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 11:57:05 AM »
last year was the first season after i upgradet my academy at THE BEST ....and guess what ...i got a miserable  2 8 3 ....and the rest of them were la 7 la 6 and even la 5 ....this year i was hoping for a better ....but guess what.... again a single 8 ....well at least better than the last season , it was 4 8 5 ....and a bunch of la 7 ...la 6 ...an la 5 ofc ....i am loosing hope that i will get anyting better than a la 8 .....oh and for the record ....i got 3 10 3 the time that i had VG academy ...cheers

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »
just upgraded to the best academy last season, so far have pulled 3 players, 3/8/3, 3/7/5, and 3/7/6  ::)

I wonder if LA10+ even come from academies anymore? Or only from youth camps now...?
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2015, 02:26:18 PM »
just upgraded to the best academy last season, so far have pulled 3 players, 3/8/3, 3/7/5, and 3/7/6  ::)

I wonder if LA10+ even come from academies anymore? Or only from youth camps now...?

yes, they come. But now it is rather exception only.
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

Mubashar

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2015, 05:19:01 PM »
I wish there is a BUG which can increase LA/PR of players

elcura

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2015, 06:42:56 PM »
Problem is in engine of academy there should be % rate of high la players going from highest class academy, instead we have 20-30 high la's 5 season ago where there was 40 best's and same now where its xxx number of them
Empire (23277) - Poland

uLtRaSpYnAlL

• All Star Team
  • Forever Red-White-Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 08:36:12 PM »
I made the best academy at the end of season 9 ,only the last season i spend 20 mln to promote 3 youths every friday,if you want to search good youths you must spend lot of money G" or you can buy 2-3 players every season :)

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 10:36:53 PM »
The best academy grants you only one thing: you player's PR will be 3 as minimum, there isn't any other thing for sure.
In general, i think that Andy and chuncho_ explained it properly. When there was only few TB academies, the chances to get high LA players was higher than now, the reason is probably what elcura posted, quality rates are probably outdated...

In the way i look at it, if i can get 1 really good player from academy each season i am satisfied, but i rarely get quality picking 7 from starting 8 players, i ALWAYS invest at least 1.2M on extra youth and try to pull older players first, i don't mind having a player stuck in academy for a whole season if i can get him next season.... how many 17 years old, X/9/3 players can you buy spending only 1.2M? The answer is simple, only a few, if you dig into market really deeply, else, you can't.
In the other hand, improving my youth numbers i can also improve the chances to get decent undesired players..... if i can get 2 X/8/3 spending a million i will surely recover that money selling them, if i wouldn't invest i would probably get LA6 or LA7 players, and you can't get much from them. In other words, TB academy is not "the investment", its my "investment focus", if you use it right you will surely cover maintenance fees, some profit from players and maybe some really good players, you need to have some luck too.
My team: (95928)