Author Topic: MOTS  (Read 21898 times)

eishner

Re: MOTS
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 11:00:55 AM »
there are teams with more than fifteen mots against in an only season and they are not here complaining about that.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 11:22:37 AM »
there are teams with more than fifteen mots against in an only season and they are not here complaining about that.

I'm sure that yours is not one of them  :P

But could you please tell us at least one?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:25:19 AM by CarlosT »
My team: (95928)

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 11:30:20 AM »

I suppose they are not here because they already quit playing  :)
---- Proud Member of Portugal Top Level League ----

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2013, 11:31:11 AM »

Probably  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
My team: (95928)

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2013, 11:53:31 AM »

If you said for me, I'm not complaining, I'm just giving an information. You can only read in my explanation objetive things. If I were complaining, I would be telling subjetive things about them.

In fact, the only thing subjetive in my post was when I wrote it was curious, for two times.

For more information, you can read my opinion for mots, there are many post about them, where I have wrote.

Nombre del club : Sopelana C.F. (50354)

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2013, 12:11:19 PM »
 ;) If someone has had 15 MOTS used on them in one season, they have a right to complain. It's not fair and it's not right.
Hibury FC

eishner

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 12:45:34 PM »

+1

totasef

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2013, 02:00:34 AM »
MOTS should stay but it would probably be better to have one MOTS

As for weaker leagues and clubs , let them choose how to use their MOTS. You wont be using MOTS if you re in lower league playing with bots. You ll normally save it for the cup game. If you are in top level of weaker leagues and have complete domination you ll clearly save it for WC.
I mean does it make sense playing " match of the season " with the team that is weaker then you.. 

More stronger your team and more competetive your domestic league / cup is, more MOTSes against you.

If a team plays for example in third level of XYZ league and dominates it he ll use that MOTS in league cup against the team in top level. That is, in fact, the true meaning "match of the season " for that club.. Imagine Rotherham playing in FA Cup against Arsenal.

You wont beat that team that easy but still, the outcome depends on that "random" factor. You ll maybe fail to score from 7-8 shots and the opponent will score from one or two but the idea is that MOTS alone will not give him the win. He needs both MOTS and luck but you ll see that happening all over the time in real world. Sometimes its simply not your day no matter how better you are

Aquilicua

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 02:05:45 PM »
I agree with Sopelana.

Actually I have one of his principals opponents in League (with FT Oiartzun), and in the actual league he has received more mots than me, and of not directed rivals.

In his case, he was fighting in last rounds of WCC and he was eliminated by mots... why? He is playing in a disputed league (1 point of difference wiht me) and Cup (with the last finalist of WCC: Oiartzun FT). Some teams are in weak leagues, and have and advantage with mots.

endlessmeans

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2013, 05:59:27 AM »
;) If someone has had 15 MOTS used on them in one season, they have a right to complain. It's not fair and it's not right.
Don't teams all try harder against a good team? =P Didn't a manager from Real Madrid once complain that the teams in the league try harder against them then they do against Barcelona? =P
I don't have a strong opinion for or against MOTs, I used one against the other strong team in my league, at his stadium, he used his, lost 1-0. I have one more remaining and will use it in the cup final against that same team. I do think the strength is...O.o
Another team in my league, at his stadium, beat my team 5-1 using Mots. Post match both of us had player ratings at 3 stars, and performance ratings same, I forgot how much, 4 and a half or so. So I was just thinking....how the hell did I lose 5-1.

I investigated the team a bit because they use MOTs against me, but not against the other strong team in my league. They both have a similar IP address, except for the last 3 numbers I can't see because they are starred out...and yes, I say this because I'm 3 points behind 1st place only because of that one extra loss against the other team that used MOTs against me. =P

I haven't really been in the..uh...what is it..WC? Champions league or whatever, so I can't say anything about that, but I think that a lower class team in it that uses it against a big team would be very likely to happen. Everyone says that's too much of an advantage, I guess it might be, depending on what the MOT's does to a team.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 06:43:35 AM by endlessmeans »

florinsteaua

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2014, 04:03:17 PM »
maybe this weak later will bring some improvements in the game + mots removed ... let"s think pozitive  :)
MANAGER  OF  TIKI-TAKA BARCELONA, TOP LEVEL, ROMANIA

ROMANIA Forum Moderator

Team China

• National Team
  • China U-21 Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 04:31:56 PM »
maybe this weak later will bring some improvements in the game + mots removed ... let"s think pozitive  :)

why move mots? I love it!
Season 10: #1 E-58
Season 11: #1 D-8

florinsteaua

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2014, 04:37:14 PM »

relax...i was just joking  ;)
MANAGER  OF  TIKI-TAKA BARCELONA, TOP LEVEL, ROMANIA

ROMANIA Forum Moderator

JFK101

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2014, 07:54:03 PM »
no news in the game no premium for us....

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2014, 05:02:18 AM »

relax...i was just joking  ;)
The joke is that it isn't a joke  :))
it would be nice if there was at least some incentive to save or otherwise NOT use one or both mots in a season.
*sigh*
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Karand United

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2014, 06:02:29 AM »
You have 2 Mots but you can get more than 2 !! ha ha ha

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2014, 01:12:57 PM »
I'm all for removing MOTS right after I qualify for the WCC group stage. LOL But really, I think MOTS is garbage. Maybe MOTS should be determined by some other factor like having to earn it. 

Or better yet, get rid of it all together. I don't mind losing to better teams. It means I have more work to do. I hate losing to teams that have no right defeating me where the only thing I learn from the game is that everyone needs to improve enough to defeat even that MOTS boosted team.
Hibury FC

don

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2014, 01:57:49 PM »
Probably should only be allowed 1 MOT per season, and Id suggest should reduce players fitness at least twice as much as playing normal as a penalty.

Mubashar

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2014, 03:16:43 PM »
It may sound odd but Performance of the Season may be given to players. For example, a single player may be highly motivated as compared to other players of the team. In this way, 5 to 7 players may be allowed to be used either all in one match or divided in many matches.
Otherwise, something like tactic of the season in which either defense or attack alone may be extra motivated.
I also agree MOTS are difficult but still something should be there to mimic rivalry of the real world.   :)

Andy

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • leeds utd
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2014, 11:07:04 AM »
 I think giving the MOTS to indivdidual players is a good idea. 8)

I don't think for one minute that anyone is listening to us but even so, I can't help myself but suggest a new idea:

How about replacing MOTS with a new concept, maybe called One Highly Motivated Game (OHMG*), whereby there is a new club activity where you can attempt to motivate your player to MOTS level for one game. I suggest that if the player has not been motivated for 10 games then the success rate is 100%, dropping down to a 10% success rate if he was motivated in the last game. The cost in energy to the manager would be 80 points , the cost to the player should be 2 condition points per attempt and everyone should be limited to 3 attempts per day (to stop us premium users getting another in-game advantage).

I think this is idea has the following advantages
  • Planning - you will need to plan ahead to make sure your players are ready for OHMG
  • Hard Work - if you want your MOTS to be as powerful as they are now, you'll need to log in 3 times a day for 3 days
    • More Realistic / Interesting - I think full MOTS would be rarer but you'll get cases of teams defending like devils and other cases of attackers playing like demons to increase goal difference or to try win a a coverted Golden Boot.

I'm sure this idea could be improved further with some more mods and it would work better if it comes at the same time as more tactical flexibility because you just know people aregoing ot try and use my system to mark players out of the game!

*sorry, I couldnt resist the cheesey accronym.

leeds utd (114207)

English League: Top League - Winners s10, s11, s13, s15
Trophies: National Cup s8,s9,s10,s14,  4 minor league titles.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2014, 04:28:07 AM »
I think giving the MOTS to indivdidual players is a good idea. 8)

I don't think for one minute that anyone is listening to us but even so, I can't help myself but suggest a new idea:

How about replacing MOTS with a new concept, maybe called One Highly Motivated Game (OHMG*), whereby there is a new club activity where you can attempt to motivate your player to MOTS level for one game. I suggest that if the player has not been motivated for 10 games then the success rate is 100%, dropping down to a 10% success rate if he was motivated in the last game. The cost in energy to the manager would be 80 points , the cost to the player should be 2 condition points per attempt and everyone should be limited to 3 attempts per day (to stop us premium users getting another in-game advantage).

I think this is idea has the following advantages
  • Planning - you will need to plan ahead to make sure your players are ready for OHMG
  • Hard Work - if you want your MOTS to be as powerful as they are now, you'll need to log in 3 times a day for 3 days
    • More Realistic / Interesting - I think full MOTS would be rarer but you'll get cases of teams defending like devils and other cases of attackers playing like demons to increase goal difference or to try win a a coverted Golden Boot.
    I'm sure this idea could be improved further with some more mods and it would work better if it comes at the same time as more tactical flexibility because you just know people aregoing ot try and use my system to mark players out of the game!

*sorry, I couldnt resist the cheesey accronym.
Interesting idea. I like how a manager could focus on motivating certain players. Only thing though, one can log in and out three times in about 30 seconds. I think these things should come from being active over longer periods of time, maybe the previous week(s), where the more days with logins would increase the probability of success and visa versa.

Still we really should reward managers who refrain from using their mots. Nothing is classier than playing without these cheap gimmicks.

Never sacrifice passion for glory!

slowowls

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2014, 01:19:22 PM »

I'm sure that yours is not one of them  :P

But could you please tell us at least one?

I heard that few season ago, there was a team in Thai's TL had been Mots for fifteen times or more in one season. It's (team)name is "Game Over"

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2014, 11:46:10 PM »
 ;) I'm sure that happens in more leagues than you would think. I'm currently on 8 and I expect more before seasons end.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:47:47 PM by Drifter »
Hibury FC

nolisk

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2014, 05:04:58 PM »
The game will be better without MOTS. Fair play!

Red

• National Team
  • Red Devils 21 (278068)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2014, 05:07:39 PM »
The game will be better without MOTS. Fair play!
8)
and simple the best  ;)
I will buy young players with PR 5 and higher,send me your offer.