Author Topic: MOTS  (Read 21900 times)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
MOTS
« on: November 18, 2013, 07:31:55 AM »
IMHO mots are given too freely in the game and, more importantly, there is no incentive to save (or not use) them!
  ???

I would suggest this:

1. teams should only get 1 free mots each season
2. an unused mots could be saved for the following season, but it would expire after the 2nd season. Thus, teams could accumulate up to 2 mots but only if they saved theirs from the previous season.
3. an expired mots (unused after 2 full seasons) would proide (A) a significant amount of extra prize money (~500K?) or (B) credits/tokens (25 credits or 10 tokens?)

:)
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Red

• National Team
  • Red Devils 21 (278068)
    • View Profile
Re: MOTS
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 07:49:12 AM »
I think the bigger problem with mots is just a power of them.Number of mots is ok but power should be much less,perhaps only change to morale on 1 step will be fine,but a player with superb will not get extra points and can stay on same level.The most profit could be for teams at the bottom of league to play a game with better morale (no one of their players is "superb").Basicly this could be good starategy if we play few bad games,best and dominate teams can use it against greatest rivals but than only players with morale less than superb will incrase their game. 
I will buy young players with PR 5 and higher,send me your offer.

shomyguca

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Krivaca United
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 07:57:48 AM »
1. teams should only get 1 free mots each season
IMO, it is better to leave it 2 per season, but to weaken them in order to give any chance to opposite team.

2. an unused mots could be saved for the following season, but it would expire after the 2nd season. Thus, teams could accumulate up to 2 mots but only if they saved theirs from the previous season.
I'm completely against this. People from weak leagues could save their MotS for next season WCL and have an additional advantage.

3. an expired mots (unused after 2 full seasons) would proide (A) a significant amount of extra prize money (~500K?) or (B) credits/tokens (25 credits or 10 tokens?)
In general, I agree. But since this rule 3 is consequence of rule 2, I should suggest correction. This could be implemented for the ongoing season, not the one after. If a manager doesn't use a the MotS, he gets some financial benefits at the end of that season.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 07:59:25 AM by shomyguca »
Team: Krivaca United
Manager: ser shomika
SERBIA EX U-21 Manager (season 8-9)

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:30:38 AM »
Idea of MOTS are so wrong that lets give 30 of them per season :P Soe every man can decide when not needed only ,lol
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
I like Brian's ideas, specially 1 and 3 (i'm not so sure about idea 2, shomyguca gave a solid reason for it), but let's face it, i don't think we're going to experience such drastical changes.

Just reduce their effect and remove them from WCC and we all be pleased. Weak teams will still have their weapon to fight big teams (but they will need to do something else than just clicking mots) and international competitions will be trully fair.
I am tired to see strong teams kicked out from WCC because somebody just clicked mots when they set their tactics....
My team: (95928)

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 11:26:43 AM »
I would let them, but with some conditions (you said all of them):

- Reduce his effect

- Remove from WCC, teams with weak league have an advantage.

About Brian sugestion, Could be interesting, but for exchange mots I would quit tokens. Money would be intesting for teams from low level leagues.
Nombre del club : Sopelana C.F. (50354)

TommyJ

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 11:29:57 AM »
1 mots per season is reasonable idea. I hate present MOTS set up and usage. We know nothing about his power, for example i lost game in cup against team who just join GKO month ago, he played with MOTS, i have 130lvl strongest team, it was a tight game, but i lost the game in extra time. My next match I was one who played with mots (against strong team, much stronger than the one i lost, but weaker from my team) and i won the game 1-0 with much efforts. If someone ask me, i will "kill" the mots option in GKO, and find some other solution for close the gap between big and small teams.
Macedonia Top Level winner - season 5; season 7
Macedonia Top Level runner up - season 6; season 9

Team China

• National Team
  • China U-21 Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 12:15:07 PM »
I don't think such change is necessary. MOTS is the greatest idea of this game, which gives smaller clubs more chance of beating bigger ones.
Season 10: #1 E-58
Season 11: #1 D-8

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 01:09:29 PM »
1 mots per season is reasonable idea. I hate present MOTS set up and usage. We know nothing about his power, for example i lost game in cup against team who just join GKO month ago, he played with MOTS, i have 130lvl strongest team, it was a tight game, but i lost the game in extra time. My next match I was one who played with mots (against strong team, much stronger than the one i lost, but weaker from my team) and i won the game 1-0 with much efforts. If someone ask me, i will "kill" the mots option in GKO, and find some other solution for close the gap between big and small teams.

There's no official info about mots, but there's some unnoficial info here.

I also think the mots is a great idea, i am not againt the concept at all, but i think its effect is too big.
I mean, i am okay with the chance that a weak team could have something to beat the strongest, but a proper tactic must be set also.
With the current scenario, if you play mots it doesn't matter if you tactic was bad, you will have good results anyway.
My team: (95928)

vasnov

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 01:26:22 PM »
In the league competitions there are 30 Mots, while I only 2. Quite possible is to relegated! In the league competitions must have 1 Mots.

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 02:06:01 PM »

There's no official info about mots, but there's some unnoficial info here.

I also think the mots is a great idea, i am not againt the concept at all, but i think its effect is too big.
I mean, i am okay with the chance that a weak team could have something to beat the strongest, but a proper tactic must be set also.
With the current scenario, if you play mots it doesn't matter if you tactic was bad, you will have good results anyway.

yes, this is the problem....right know it seems that a MOTS can make possible...the impossible! i saw more than one big team falling against very very weak team using the MOTS... In the real world, motivation is a very important factor, no doubt about it, but player skills and tactics efficiency are objective values over all the other.... Right now there is no MOTS, it is DOPING!!
---- Proud Member of Portugal Top Level League ----

Mubashar

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 03:43:43 PM »
Who will play MOTS against bottom 3? They are meant for the table leaders which is unjust. There should be some limit of maximum MOTS that can be played against you. For example, if you are given 1 mots, only two other teams can play mots against you. Otherwise, the team on top will keep on facing mots from the folowers.

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 04:07:02 PM »
 ;) I agree. There should be a limit. I'm not sure if the number of MOTS used against my team this season is especially high, but it seems high to me.
Hibury FC

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 05:38:22 PM »
I totally agree the effect of mots is too great - I think it boosts a team's ability by 15-25% when it should be about half this imho. Personally I think mots should only boost players' mental stats (especially determination and teamwork). Love mots or hate them, this feature isn't going anywhere I think.

Either way, there should be something to encourage managers to not use them. The only incentive is to use them up each season. How many mots get played on the final match of the season just to use them up? I see it all the time in my league.

I'm completely against this. People from weak leagues could save their MotS for next season WCL and have an additional advantage.

In general, I agree. But since this rule 3 is consequence of rule 2, I should suggest correction. This could be implemented for the ongoing season, not the one after. If a manager doesn't use a the MotS, he gets some financial benefits at the end of that season.

Perhaps your concerns could be addressed with a simple change that would not allow the extra "reserve" mots to be used in a knockout round of any competition. It could only be used in (a) league matches or (b) WCL group stage...and not in cup, WCL qualifiers, or WCL knockout rounds.

In this way each team would get 1 mots each season that could be played in ANY competition. If unused, this mots could be saved for the next season, but it could only be used in a league or group stage match. If still unused at the end of the 2nd season, this mots would provide some financial benefits
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

shomyguca

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Krivaca United
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 06:23:43 PM »
Perhaps your concerns could be addressed with a simple change that would not allow the extra "reserve" mots to be used in a knockout round of any competition. It could only be used in (a) league matches or (b) WCL group stage...and not in cup, WCL qualifiers, or WCL knockout rounds.

OK, this sounds better, although I wouldn't allow that extra MotS neither in WCL group stage. It would still make huge advantage.
Team: Krivaca United
Manager: ser shomika
SERBIA EX U-21 Manager (season 8-9)

eishner

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 06:58:54 PM »
It is very, very, very easy. Remove mots as soon as. Stop with 'ideas' or asking more mots, the most fair thing is to remove them.

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »
 8)
Who will play MOTS against bottom 3? They are meant for the table leaders which is unjust. There should be some limit of maximum MOTS that can be played against you. For example, if you are given 1 mots, only two other teams can play mots against you. Otherwise, the team on top will keep on facing mots from the folowers.

chuncho_

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 11:56:09 AM »
excellent idea, that the mots only increase mental abilities
and all tactics that have to do with mental abilities according to this proportion rise no more

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 01:42:55 PM »
 ;) Personally, I don't like MOTS. I think it should be removed. Others seem to love it so I catch a lot every season. I think that having two MOTS is unfair to a small group of players so on a whole, the GKO community likes MOTS.  I do think that it should be addressed even in MOTS are to stay.
To make things for fair to players who are receiving MOTS, I think something should be done to balance the effect. Here is my suggestion.
 :-\ Why not let teams gain a MOTS after they receive a MOTS. When another team uses MOTS on you, you get a MOTS of your own to use in another match. That way, teams that receive MOTS have an extra MOTS to use against someone else.
Hibury FC

chuncho_

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 01:59:25 PM »
me neither I like the mots, but never take him out of the game, unless you regulate its effect, decreasing it
and a form that could be affected only in some skills increases
fight to mots with a real tactic this

I mean that each team can develop a tactic to even the odds against a mots
This mots today, has way too influencing power and all the features and is very difficult to resist in many of the coaches in this game

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 10:52:15 PM »
 :-\ Just wondering... Is seven MOTS against a high number? I would like to hear about the most MOTS some other manager has taken in one season.
Hibury FC

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 07:05:02 AM »
:-\ Just wondering... Is seven MOTS against a high number? I would like to hear about the most MOTS some other manager has taken in one season.

I remember at least 13 mots againist my team last season. This one maybe 8-9, and it hasn't finish!!!.

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 09:49:40 AM »
In Cup competition i receive almost one MOTS against each match....Last season i won a couple of cup match at penalties against very weak teams :o

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 10:08:38 AM »

I remember at least 13 mots againist my team last season. This one maybe 8-9, and it hasn't finish!!!.
Do you mean in league only or in all competitions. I am facing 4-5 a season in all competitions 9 league, cup. WCC) . But I have only one other team to fight for a title. you have more so you have more important games. So in general 4-5 is normal situation.
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 10:36:14 AM »

Do you mean in league only or in all competitions. I am facing 4-5 a season in all competitions 9 league, cup. WCC) . But I have only one other team to fight for a title. you have more so you have more important games. So in general 4-5 is normal situation.

In my case I mean in all competition. In league, last season my main rival played me two mots, this season, only one. But is curious, that the last of the league, played me last season and this one mots (diferent teams). This season, one team was fighting for 4th place, played me mots too. In WCC I recived 2 mots, and in cup, is normal, because small teams is the only way they have to pass next round. My league opponents don't recived so mots as me, is just curious.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 12:23:36 PM by Sopelana »