Author Topic: [Gokickoff Update] Changes in the player transfer system (Launch date: 09/09/12)  (Read 72273 times)

kingaly

• Youth team
  • Losing is not an option
    • View Profile
The only thing that worries me is the fact that some newer clubs, like myself adapted a strategy to lose a little strength in the short term to able to upgrade my facilities ie youth and training grounds fast so that I could then in turn make my money back in the transfer market.  Now I'm regretting letting some of my better players go because it will be hard to make up money in the short term.  I also agree with CarlosT, will we be seeing a change in sponsorship values, returns on facilities like mega-store and hotel? I like the attempt to stop the day trading but does this hurt those on the up and make it even easier for those established clubs to pull further ahead?

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
Now I'm regretting letting some of my better players go because it will be hard to make up money in the short term.

All of us had the same issue when we started, don't worry about it (much)  8)
My team: (95928)

kingaly

• Youth team
    • View Profile
I am not overly worried but I hope that the dev took into mind the smaller clubs while trying to balance the bigger clubs spending.  It's like FFP to me, where the only clubs that are going to get hurt are the small ones while the mega rich ones will go on business as usual.

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
 ;) Seems to me that with the new transfer rules, it makes trading for players much harder especially for clubs that are just starting out.  Clubs don't start with the kinds of players that are ready to compete with the high level of competition, the kind of competition  that has been developed by experience managers in the gokickoff universe.  There are only really two ways to go about becoming competitive. 

:'( One was to sell your best players and replace them with promising youth players.  Before, you could find players on the market who had been either disappointing to other players, or were better that the trash already on your team at good prices.  With the changes, there is rarely going to be anyone on the market worth any value that will be affordable to new and poorer clubs. 

:o The other way is to save money forever and get an academy, cross your fingers and hope quality springs from it.  That is risky and also is very costly making this a very long and expensive route.  Considering most small clubs are making little to no money anyway, its a 2-3 year jump before they can see any returns on their investment.  Meanwhile, other clubs are not waiting for you to catch up.

The new rules are fine for those who can drop 1 million dollars on a player and feel like they have made a good investment into their club.  Its good for the free spending clubs that used the market for their personal substitute bench because, for them, it's not about the money.  For clubs like mine who rely on a conservative buying strategy and players undervaluing their youth prospects, it will be dark days for several years until we can grow competitive talent of our own.

Bottom line... the cost to get competitive has been increased with the rule changes.  These changes are suited to people who already have a quality team and have no need to trade.   :-[

Hibury FC

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
Drifter, how do you think that top level teams get there?
I have a top level team, i started 17 months ago ar D level having a very low quality team, and i made exactly all those things you are complaining about.
I sold almost EVERY player i received (there is only one left from the beginning), i invested my  money on facilities, i had to work on youth players to build one of the strongest teams in my country. I spent millions in promising players when i could save the required money, and i can tell you 2 things:

If i could create that team without doing the "buy a crappy player and i re-sell him as a wonderkid", filling other chat rooms with crappy messages, every gko user can do it, you have to be sharp in your decisions and STOP BEGGING TO GET EASILY THOSE THINGS WE'VE GOT AFTER MANY TIME WORKING HARDER.

Do you think that people can spend millions without any effort? You are very wrong my friend. Higher league levels grants you more incomes, but to be there you need to have better players (of course, players more expensive to keep), not to menction that if you play WCC you'd need 23 players at least. Do you think that people increase his finances 1M each month? We do sacrifices too, those who has their The Best academy had to sold their full squad to receive that money, taking the risk to receive crappy youth next season, and reducing their strenght in each competition.

Now, please, i kindly ask you cut that ridiculous begging and find a way to improve your squad without to trick other players in transfer market with those "wonderkids for sale" messages. From now on, if you really want to improve your squad, i can grant you that you will find more players able to improve your squad. The reason is very simple: we will get rid of many crappy players in transfer market.

The game made an interesting step forward to me, from now on, managerial skills will be far more important than "getting money through crap for sale".

EDIT: Just to add: have you ever tought why we ended up with this new transfer system? I will tell you how: people abused with admin and gamemaster's soft hand.
Those who don't bother others in chat room are really tired to deal with spammers and cheaters. Moderators are mocked when they remind rules and people is tired to report cheaters without an answer, so they asked for a change.
I can tell you for sure: 70% of those reselleres were listed at least once in the cheater/ban list, they tought that their transactions were so many that other users wouldn't notice, they knew that they would post their player ads all the times they want, in any language and nothing would happen, and people is tired of it.

Do cheaters think that people don't recognize them? They do, and thet were expecting a change, this sudden cut in the "i spend 1.000g on a player, i sell him at 50.000 and i made 36.000g for free" circle will end. Thank god things changed!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:27:51 PM by CarlosT »

totasef

• Youth team
    • View Profile
I like the changes and I really like the wage + bid idea. However, I think that there should be some kind of limit on wages, according to actual value of a player. Newcomers and inexperienced players could go bankrupt because of the bad finance management, especially if they pay high wages for average players, just because they lack funds for better ones.   

Now, can you clear something for me. When I want to buy a  player who"s wage is 800 do I need to offer a higher wage then 800 or I can offer less ?

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
It's easy for you to say that now Carlos.  You have had a 17 month jump and have had the benefit of selling, as you said, all of your players.  Fortunately for you, you could sell them and still find players for your team.  I was not playing 17 months ago so I can not claim to know what the market was at that time, but what I can say is that the market right now is very unfriendly. 

Your right about one this, to get anywhere requires sacrifice.  I will say this to you Carlos, now that you are at the top, you seem to have no idea what it is to be starting at the bottom.  Sure, you sold all your players seasons ago, go some players and made your way to the top, but I am also sure that being at the top then was not like being at the top now.  Those at the top now have already paid their millions.  It changes the market because there are people willing to pay more for players. 

Your wrong to think that things are the same for players now as they where when you first started.  I would like to have had that 17 month head start as well but I'm willing to live with climbing the ladder.  I am just pointing out the obvious impact it will have on the smaller and newer clubs.  Its simple economics Carlos.  17 months later there is what we like to call inflation.
Hibury FC

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
Drifter, you are only claiming to have the chance to build what i did in 17 months, in just a few, do you think that is fair?

And please, do not preach me with the "you don't know about sacrifices" if you don't know me.... you know what? I will tell you my story:
When i started, it was 16 matches played, and i received a team placed 14th in D level, so i could be just a little liwer (i could have received the 15th lol), when i realized that i was playing against bots and unnactive players i understood that i had the chance to create something, but i also knew that it was impossible for me to be promoted that season (my team had only 5 points back then) so i sacrificed that season, sold many players and started to work on those youth, preparing everything to start from zero in season 3. Now i know that i did the right thing, i focused to understand how the game works and what i should do to make a solid team.
It has been 17 months from that time, my team is now sharing the lead in my country's top level, i have a stronger team tham many players that started before me, playing at higher leven than i did on the beginning.
Now tell me, do you know many users that could have sacrificed 2 months on his life? I have seen many users quit when they started in my situation, i have seen unnactive and bot teams playing WCC while i was in the botton, i didn't like of course, but i accepted things as they were, i deserve every thing i have in this game: i started at the very botton, i never cheated, i had to deal with cheaters, muotiaccount managers, i made everything i could to make my team, my country's NT and my countrymen's team competitive, so please, don't preach me with the "you don't know what it means to be in the bottom" if you really don't know me okay?

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
 ;) That is what I am talking about Carlos.  You sold all of your players and was able to play with what you had for 2 months as you say.  Where did you get these players and how many players did you sell to get yourself there?  I had a look at your list of transfers for the 17 months you have been running your club and it has almost as many pages.  The market has obviously been very good to you. 

As I stated before, you could not sell the players you sold 17 months ago and think to find that same return on them now.  Also, I can only estimate that the price to purchase normal quality players, much less good quality players has certainly increased.  It's fine to be proud of the work you have done, but you, of all people, should be able to recognize how beneficial the transfer market has been to your success.  I know that you can see how these new policies make it harder for others to replicate what you have done.  These are just the facts as we see them at the low end of the totem.

Here at Hibury FC, we saw these changes coming and have tried to prepare accordingly, but even I have had an advantage over players who are now just starting.  I could care less if the admins. want to do it this way.  That doesn't change the fact that it makes things hard for newer players.  Like you stated, you have seen people quit this game because of the failures they experienced.  I don't want to see that happen to anyone.  It should be fun for everyone.
Hibury FC

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
;)
First, I'd say that transfer fees are higher than they used to be; most prominently, players from Free Player used to 10,000G min bid...now they are 80,000G.  Transfer fees for players have become a bit more pricey too, simply due to increased demand for players, but the new transfer system may deal with this somewhat. However, I am certain that the system will seriously confound the free players that are released each season.

Additionally, "luck of the draw" can play a considerable role with new teams. Just look at the immense luck of the club  CHEYENNE, who managed to get 5 or 6 NT players from the very start! They became top level  contenders without purchasing a single player! Interestingly, the club failed to win the cup or the league in 2 seasons, and the manager has now apparently quit, leaving our NT players to rot on the bench.

Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Drahcir

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
I must agree with CarlosT on this, as I often do.. :) I too started of a long time ago and share some of his story. However, I've never been one to buy-sell players to earn money, just look at my transferlist and you'll see. This was not where I earned my money. Now you could say that it was easier back then reaching the top, and yes it was as there where more bots around. I might not have the strength of CarlosT's squad, but there are other ways getting funds :)

I'm also tired of "new" players looking to have a "super-team" in no-time. It takes time! This is a slow-paced game, very so compared to many others. In my opinion that is a good thing, but ofcourse it has its drawbacks aswell. Spend time, understand the dynamics, and you'll get better :)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
There is a larger, philosophical question being asked here...do we want a GKO universe that is realistic or one that is fair?
 :D
On one hand, in the RW its hard to deny that silverware is won with money, and lots of it...Chelsea...Manchester City...Madrid for prominent examples.

On the other hand, a fair system is embodied by the franchise system used by American sports. The drawbacks to this system are infinite...and our players would be on strike once ever 10 seasons anyway.

So obviously we need something in-between the two, which is what I pray game developers are aiming for. I hope we can avoid both a system that allows teams to buy their way to the championship as well as a system that stifles competition and prevents all-inclusive competitions.

marius.82

• National Team
    • View Profile
"the market is unfriendly now"  I believe this is the way should be ! Is normal that good players  cost money ! And i d'ont think this is bad for new starters. If you have a new team the worst ideea is to buy players right away ! The players that you receive alow you to promote your team easily in the first 2 seasons,mean while you should invest money in other things than buyng players ! In my opinion many managers are making bad decisions buyng cheap free players(they almost always are incomplete, because they come from inactives teams) instead buyng players raised properly by active managers ! THIS IS JUST AN OPINION ! I DO NOT WANT TO ARGUE WHITH ANYONE !!! THANK YOU !

kingaly

• Youth team
    • View Profile
Any idea when the transfer market will come back online?

??????????

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
ADMIN I have some question??
about 40% of maxbid
maxbid is maxbid to 0  or max-min
if  i sell player min price is 10K
A bid 20K(maximun) wage 2k
B bid 10K(50% of max bid) wage 2.2K
C bid 14K(40% of max-min) bid wage 2.1k

who will get this player???? ::)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 03:51:59 PM by ToTO? »

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
 Thanks God , there is many ways to succeed in GKO :)

I have made 1 933 721 from sales since 22/07. It took me AGES to get that kind of money before.
nothing special I made 2,2 mln  in this season , in season 5 it was 7,5 mln!!! Good youth and good trained players makes  profits :) Agree that well developed teams have easy way  to make money, now. And inflation is still high. Two seasons ago I can strenghten my team for 1 mln G, now if I want do  that it will cost me 2,5-3 mln.

For me this is the worst thing for new managers, but no one told that buying is only way. Now new users must invest in facilities, prices for upgrading are still on the same level .
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

Duongspy

• National Team
  • ? Anti Communist ?
    • View Profile
    • ? BOYS-SAN ?
about 40% of maxbid

1. A player will remain in the transfer market for 3 days. Team that offer the highest wage for the player, in the mean time, place the bid not less than 40% of the highest bid will get the player. (2 offers : wage + bid)

So B will get this player  :)....and If C bid 14K (40% of max bid) & bid wage 2.3K ---> of course C will be winner  ;)

Team China

• National Team
  • China U-21 Head Coach
    • View Profile
Suppose I want to bid a player, his asked price is 100K and asked salary is 2K/week now. I plan to keep him in my team for one season(about 20 weeks/per season).

For any rational person, his best choice is to bid a price of 100K and a highest salary until the highest salary is 7.5K/week. If the highest salary equals to 7.5K/week of is bigger than 7.5K/week, the best choice of a rational person is to bid a price of 250K.

It means, all bids between 100K to 250K is irrational and ridiculous.
Season 10: #1 E-58
Season 11: #1 D-8

Igecot

• All Star Team
  • Never GIVE UP !
    • View Profile
- You can only renew a player's contract if he request for a new contract or the remaining contract of him is only 1 year and he is still happy with your team.

Well i renew the contracts to 2-3 players(they had 2-3 seasons left on contract) after the update....I guess nothing is changed about that?
My Team : Coffe Shop      

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
- You can only renew a player's contract if he request for a new contract or the remaining contract of him is only 1 year and he is still happy with your team.

Well i renew the contracts to 2-3 players(they had 2-3 seasons left on contract) after the update....I guess nothing is changed about that?

Players with contract too outdated accepts a new offer, but those who won't receive a big difference refuses the offer.

??????????

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
about 40% of maxbid

1. A player will remain in the transfer market for 3 days. Team that offer the highest wage for the player, in the mean time, place the bid not less than 40% of the highest bid will get the player. (2 offers : wage + bid)

If i sell player  miin price
So B will get this player  :)....and If C bid 14K (40% of max bid) & bid wage 2.3K ---> of course C will be winner  ;)

If B get;when i sell player min price at 1 M ;I think no one will bid more than 1 M right?
If C get; it can auction for 40 % of maximun bit - min price ; as 1.1M 2K , 1.04M 2.1K i think it better  ::)

Duongspy

• National Team
  • ? Anti Communist ?
    • View Profile
    • ? BOYS-SAN ?
about 40% of maxbid

If i sell player  miin price

If B get;when i sell player min price at 1 M ;I think no one will bid more than 1 M right?
If C get; it can auction for 40 % of maximun bit - min price ; as 1.1M 2K , 1.04M 2.1K i think it better  ::)

yes...with the new transfer rules, it is evident  ;)  then people will only focus on wage auction  :)

but in your example ... you only asked about who is the winner  :)

if I am B, I will not do so (bid 40% of max bid is enough) because bid wage had highest
if I am C, I will set the highest salary besides satisfying the condition (40% of max bid...not max-min)

However it also depends on how many the max bid & max-min...1M will different 100K  :-\....With me I'm not interested in max-min, I'm only interested in max bid & I usually bid about 50% of this max bid... ??? then what makes me most interested is how many the maximum wage bid at moments

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
about 40% of maxbid

With my understanding of the system and assuming each of the three bids are made, C would win the player since B's bid (10k) is less than 40% of the max bid (20k) and has the larger salary bid.

Calin

• Professional team
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
Correct Brian ... C will win the player ... that's what I think,  too ...
Manager of SCT Campina and Hertha Berlin

marius.82

• National Team
    • View Profile
hey people this change is incomplete. when a transfer is made the 3 parts involved should agree the deal. i mean both 2 clubs and the player. so i think the club that sell the player should have the posibility to accept or not the offer. so if i want to sell a player and i see that i can get more then i asked i should have the posibility to say no to somebody that offers less for me and more for the player. if i sell a player who still has for example 4 years contract whith my club he can not sign a contract with other club with out my permision  :-\ DON'T YOU THINK ?!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:19:24 PM by [email protected] »