Author Topic: Armagedon. Players without contract  (Read 18657 times)

dantes

• Professional team
    • View Profile
Re: Armagedon. Players without contract
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2016, 07:12:50 AM »
I totally agree with Golex. I did not pull any great players,but still, man got a point. Beside that, what about us who paid higer wages during all last season?! Why would irrespomsible managers who did not check what they should have advantages? Rolling game back would just show that game makes apsolutely no sense. If  game rules will not be followed, and that is only what left in this game, then shutting down is better than rolling back.

dantes

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2016, 07:15:36 AM »
And who will pay me back my euros paid for premium? I could not play game for two days!

dantes

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2016, 07:23:54 AM »
One more thing, you will breake the rules of the game , if you  roll back things. When I paid a premium , I agreed to the rules of the game and those rules obligate you. Without prior notice , the rules should not be changed . Therefore , legally speaking , premium users can sue you for this.

Predo

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2016, 07:31:53 AM »
Also, I agree with both of you, Golex and Dantes.
In past season you could easily check if player has 1 year left of contract. And what now? You think in new season your players will be in your team with 0 years left of contract and waiting you to offer them new contract?! Please, be serious.

GKO staff is afraid of only one thing and it is losing real money from premium users. Of course, it is the only thing for this server mainteince.
I did not promoted new players but I support managers who promoted new talent players and now they are afraid will new players be in their team, after this mainteince.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2016, 07:44:44 AM »
The site is off now...maybe they are restoring the "status quo"? :D

I hope you're right and admin is maintaining the status quo.

However, I think you really mean status quo ante
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Golex

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
    • http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q649/Dinko_ri/nogometna_reprezentacija_manja.jpg
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2016, 07:53:02 AM »
Dantes, I agree with you. It is possible that the Admin solve the first problem and unexpectedly opened up new problems. What about the managers who bought the new tokens and with them  buy new young players which can disappear after a reboot. Admin can do more damage and just kill the game. Maybe this is the definitive end of the game ..... Maybe Admin is not supposed to make a new restart. Maybe, maybe ....
We have hope because we buy premium accounts and tokens via Paypal service, do not forget the money as possible for return!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:13:33 AM by Golex »
My team: FC Golex (131510)
GKO MODERATOR of Croatia*****
Nickname - Golex (66825)

Sekac

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2016, 08:18:07 AM »
I pull out 12/3 Fc 15 years from academy , what is it going to be with that player ?! If his gone I quiting the game admin!  :o :'(
Dantes, I agree with you. It is possible that the Admin solve the first problem and unexpectedly opened up new problems. What about the managers who bought the new tokens and with them  buy new young players which can disappear after a reboot. Admin can do more damage and just kill the game. Maybe this is the definitive end of the game ..... Maybe Admin is not supposed to make a new restart. Maybe, maybe ....
We have hope because we buy premium accounts and tokens via Paypal service, do not forget the money as possible for return!

Sekac

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2016, 08:25:17 AM »
I pull out 12/3 Fc 15 years and 5/9/3 Dml 17 years from academy , what is it going to be with that players ?! If his gone I quiting the game admin!

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2016, 08:37:44 AM »
The site is off now...maybe they are restoring the "status quo"? :D

I hope you're right and admin is maintaining the status quo.

However, I think you really mean status quo ante

Yes Brian, i meant status quo ante...personally i did my job, i renewed contracts of players i wanted to keep, before season ending and i pull out an interesting LA10/4 DC who will be lost if we come back to the situation befor the seaon upgrade.
On the other side, two of the best portuguese teams lost almost all players...it is incredible... i will win the league next 4 seasons in a row in this situation, but i am not happy because we worked hard to reach the 9th place in league ranking and if now there will be only my team in good conditions for the WCC..we will go down in the ranking very fast...

So...i understand people who are angry now thinking into a "game reset" to help managers who lost players, but personally i would be happy if my league will survive!
---- Proud Member of Portugal Top Level League ----

dantes

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2016, 08:46:33 AM »
Rules are rules, man. And they must be equal for all. I paid whole last season high wages and now some people who was cheap to do it and irresponsible also, are complaining. No. Reset would be worst thing to do.

Sekac

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2016, 08:58:40 AM »
I agree with dantes ,
Rules are rules, man. And they must be equal for all. I paid whole last season high wages and now some people who was cheap to do it and irresponsible also, are complaining. No. Reset would be worst thing to do.

Sekac

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2016, 09:04:27 AM »
let's bring back the players with money they spared from smaller salaries through the season from free players !!!

mihut

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2016, 09:10:26 AM »
stop being little cry babies, stop thinking small!

see the big picture!

with such an enormous amount of teams losing almost all the players, you would benefit on short term, by making your winning easy, but on the long run, the game will simply end! so many users will be upset and leave, leaving us without competition, making the game less fun and finally, making us quit, because it's no fun to win in a game without competition. well, it might be fun, for someone who's afraid of competition. is that who you are?

it's clear as daylight this situation was not user's fault. as you could see, shortly before the game being shut down, the [UNH]appy update happened. this clearly shows that last season was not a change in rules, but a huge mistake on admin's side. this mistake created yesterday's disaster.

it's obvious that the admin created a habit of announcing every user when his player's contracts were not in order, by displaying [UNH]. if no [UNH] is shown, users think the contracts are just fine. no need to check anything, no need to take any action. this is the normal running of the game. because no [UNH] status was shown last season, the vast majority of users had no idea the update never happened and thought all the contracts are in order.

remember: not all users stay online all the time, not all users read the forums, not all users know a lot about the game. but still, they are a very  important part of the gameplay. without them, the game would not be the same. now, because of this situation, many of them are in danger of quitting. do we really want this? i sure don't!

i did all my homework and renewed the contracts right after the last league match, so i have only to lose, by reverting to the backup of the last season, but it's a small inconvenience, compared to the alternative. i'm willing to accept the smaller of the 2 evils.

and so should all of you!

if not, shame on you! maybe this game would be better, without you!

spoletino

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2016, 09:14:46 AM »
if you do the reset of all, it is true that those who have lost players riavrebbe them, but it is unfair that those who have renewed the contracts and has spent a lot more money during the last season would find him to be penalized, while those who will regain the players riparmiato will also have a lot of money, this would be unfair
SPOLETO CAPUT MUNDI
Season 5 - winner D-21
Season 6 - Runner up C-5
U21 Italian coach season 8 - 9
Season 10 - Runner up B3
Season 14 - Runner Top Italia - Runner Cup Italia
Italian coach season 15 - 16
Season 15 - TOP LEVEL[/co

mihut

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2016, 09:16:59 AM »

1. why have you paid high wages the whole last season? you should have paid small wages and renew contracts after the league was over.

2. rules are rules. admin forgot to run the [UNH] update, breaking a rule that he created. this created this situation.

further more, by hot having [UNH] players the entire last season, it allowed you to save money and keep lower wages. if you renewed at the beginning of the season, too bad. in fact, you were the irresponsible one, that is complaining

dantes

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2016, 09:20:22 AM »
Mihut, your offending post proves just one thing. You are an idiot. I fell sorry for your level of inteligence. We are not babies. We only want rules to be followed. If manager who is here from season 1 lose his players in such way, noone is blame beside himself. He should read rules by now.

Sekac

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2016, 09:30:46 AM »
only bad manager can afford to forget the players without a contract , the only fault is yours for your players are free and in case you're a little kid cry co to return , and do not think you're dangerous manager :)
stop being little cry babies, stop thinking small!

see the big picture!

with such an enormous amount of teams losing almost all the players, you would benefit on short term, by making your winning easy, but on the long run, the game will simply end! so many users will be upset and leave, leaving us without competition, making the game less fun and finally, making us quit, because it's no fun to win in a game without competition. well, it might be fun, for someone who's afraid of competition. is that who you are?

it's clear as daylight this situation was not user's fault. as you could see, shortly before the game being shut down, the [UNH]appy update happened. this clearly shows that last season was not a change in rules, but a huge mistake on admin's side. this mistake created yesterday's disaster.

it's obvious that the admin created a habit of announcing every user when his player's contracts were not in order, by displaying [UNH]. if no [UNH] is shown, users think the contracts are just fine. no need to check anything, no need to take any action. this is the normal running of the game. because no [UNH] status was shown last season, the vast majority of users had no idea the update never happened and thought all the contracts are in order.

remember: not all users stay online all the time, not all users read the forums, not all users know a lot about the game. but still, they are a very  important part of the gameplay. without them, the game would not be the same. now, because of this situation, many of them are in danger of quitting. do we really want this? i sure don't!

i did all my homework and renewed the contracts right after the last league match, so i have only to lose, by reverting to the backup of the last season, but it's a small inconvenience, compared to the alternative. i'm willing to accept the smaller of the 2 evils.

and so should all of you!

if not, shame on you! maybe this game would be better, without you!

mihut

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2016, 09:34:44 AM »
i say again: admin created the habit of announcing every user when there was a need to take any action, regarding the contracts. that was the rule. then, last season, he broke the rule.

so we both agree, we both want rules to be followed.

well, the game is back online and nothing seems to be wrong and apparently the players are back. this probably makes you very mad :))))))))))

dantes

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2016, 09:37:34 AM »
Nope. Still feel sorry for people like you. I hope you will earn some tokens from loans. That shows what kind of man you are. Just like our dear admins. Money first. ;)

mihut

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2016, 09:38:20 AM »
only bad manager can afford to forget the players without a contract , the only fault is yours for your players are free and in case you're a little kid cry co to return , and do not think you're dangerous manager

maybe you should read carefully, i haven't lost any players. i have renewed all contracts right after the league matches finished, so this discussion is not about me losing any players, it's about all of us, losing the other users we compete against.

dantes

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2016, 09:40:21 AM »
And what about friendlies today, our dear admin?

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2016, 11:10:36 AM »
Mihut, your point is not entirely right and let me tell you why:
UNH status was removed WITHOUT NOTICE, i don't know how you run your preseason, but to me, the preseason is mostly to farm player's morale: in fact, last season ivstarted playing against teams that ended playing WCC this season, i am not connected 24/7 so i expected my players to turn UNH at any momento, so i renewed contracts, the same habit i used durin the previous 14 seasons i played GKO.

I UNDERSTAND THAT RESTORING THE DATABASE WAS NEEDED, isn't fair but it certainly was needed. But what about those who paid high wages the whole season or renewed contracts in time? Once again, fact proves us that cheating and doing things wrong is Ok.
And i will be beyond: all teams who recovered their players have them with the old wages, theirnwages are not even updated! In some cases, the players are CA7+ LA9+ amd their wage is around 2K, now they have their players, have another season to leave their wages untouched (if they care to farm only) and they've got another seasonnto keepnthe players there, playing for only 2K/week.
Not to menction that those players can be sold, and in some situations, they are worth millions! So lhe least i expected was CONTRACTS UPDATED, no tjust renewed.

So i understand that this move was needed, but no reward to good managerial moves and no penalties to bad managerial moves? Show must go on i guess.
My team: (95928)

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2016, 11:25:33 AM »
Good point Carlos. My very 1st thought was about that. Good manegers lost money whole season.
Anyway it is good move to reload database.
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2016, 11:34:45 AM »
UNH status was removed WITHOUT NOTICE, i don't know how you run your preseason, but to me, the preseason is mostly to farm player's morale: in fact, last season ivstarted playing against teams that ended playing WCC this season, i am not connected 24/7 so i expected my players to turn UNH at any momento, so i renewed contracts, the same habit i used durin the previous 14 seasons i played GKO.

I UNDERSTAND THAT RESTORING THE DATABASE WAS NEEDED, isn't fair but it certainly was needed. But what about those who paid high wages the whole season or renewed contracts in time? Once again, fact proves us that cheating and doing things wrong is Ok.
And i will be beyond: all teams who recovered their players have them with the old wages, theirnwages are not even updated! In some cases, the players are CA7+ LA9+ amd their wage is around 2K, now they have their players, have another season to leave their wages untouched (if they care to farm only) and they've got another seasonnto keepnthe players there, playing for only 2K/week.
Not to menction that those players can be sold, and in some situations, they are worth millions! So lhe least i expected was CONTRACTS UPDATED, no tjust renewed.

So i understand that this move was needed, but no reward to good managerial moves and no penalties to bad managerial moves? Show must go on i guess.

And what about my team that upgrade the wage room because of all the free players I was going to buy and now is unuseful?. And like you said, the extra-wages of all the season we paid ...

I agree that was necessary the restore, but this collateral effect must be solved too (and the non played friendlies).

Cheers!!!.
Nombre del club : Sopelana C.F. (50354)

mihut

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2016, 12:24:36 PM »

And what about my team that upgrade the wage room because of all the free players I was going to buy and now is unuseful?. And like you said, the extra-wages of all the season we paid ...

I agree that was necessary the restore, but this collateral effect must be solved too (and the non played friendlies).

Cheers!!!.

carlos, i've never said it's the perfect situation. it's the lesser worse of the 2 situations. it had to be done, for the game to keep a huge amount of users, that otherwise would have quit.

the current situation, even with those players on the same contracts, is far better then the previous situation. no penalty to others, that are not as good managers as we are, is something i'm willing to accept, considering the alternative. hell, i'm even happy, because the other users get to keep playing. and i repeat, i had absolutely no players lost.

moving on to what you said about removing unh status without notice. the unh status was not removed. i consider removing as an intentional action, as something planned and something that is there to stay. last season we had no unh status, because of an error. i consider a proof to support this statement in the fact that the unh status was updated as usual, this season, a few hours after the season's reset and minutes before the error-fixing shut down. this is how it used to be in the past seasons, sometimes maybe with a delay, like a day, max.

i also use the preseason to boost morale. and i also renew contracts, but i have a system. i am online very often, actually, i have a computer that runs pretty much non-stop, some applications, and i keep the browser on and whenever i want, i just take a look to see if i have any new messages or pretty much take care of the details.

now, back to how i managed the renewal, last season: i renewed to the players i sent on loan, of course. actually, i think i had 2 on 1 year contracts so i was forced by the system to renew. i also had  another one that i think it was on a 3 year contract and i was sending him away, but i wanted to be sure he won't be unhappy at his new team, so i was waiting and waiting for the unhappy update. the update never happened and the other user wanted to take him, no matter what, so i sent him away without renewing his contract (he might have not liked his salary, even with a 3 years contract).

for the rest of the players, i just waited for the update, thinking that, for as long as i keep the old contracts, i save money. and it was the right thing to do, as the update never happened. i only renewed after the league was over, only to the players on a 1 year contract (usually, the players with 2 years contracts would become unhappy, but now, it seems that only the ones with 1 year do. or that's how it's in my team).

but again, i'm a user that takes care of the details, reads the forum, knows a few things about the game. there are others that aren't paying so much attention and are playing other managers, some are playing many other managers, so it's understandable to miss this aspect, since they were used to receive a warning for each player that had a contract issue.

again: they knew they were being shown if there's a problem. if no warning appeared, it's only natural to conclude everything is fine and to disregard this aspect of the game. now they see there is a problem and they can act. if they will not renew, then forget and lose the players, they have no excuse and they should suffer the consequences. but for last season, they were not told to renew, by a system that had taught them to wait until they are being told to renew.

to me, this is like you would have a green light and them be told to slow down, even stop to make sure nobody is running the red light to hit you. they had the green light from the system, but the system also showed green light, where the red light was supposed to be.

Sopelana: i don't think you upgraded the player room, yesterday, after seeing so many free players (it takes 2 weeks to take effect) to buy players that would expire in only a few days. further more, with so many teams short of players, they were being forced to buy, no matter the price, so they were also your competition in the bidding process.

the free players were not all the players lost, they were only the ones used in national teams. this is only a fraction of the players lost and that fraction was desired by all those wanting to keep playing (and lost players), plus those wanting a good deal. i don't really think that was a time for a good deal, as a buyer, but as a seller.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:30:41 PM by mihut »