Author Topic: MOTS  (Read 12453 times)

martinol

• National Team
    • View Profile
MOTS
« on: August 31, 2013, 02:44:09 AM »
 ;D Hey everyone,

I know there has been a lot of discussions about MOTS and whether they should still be in the game. In my opinion, they are a good feature of the game because they create an element of surprise that is essential in a sport like football.
     BUT I agree on the fact that they are easy to use and may cause unfair results , so here is my solution : what if using MOTS had a price ?
     MOTS would then be an option to be carefully considered as their cost could have an impact on future choices for the development of the club. Small clubs with not much money would be less likely to use them against better teams if they want to grow faster and big teams in WCC would have to save money in order to use them in knock out rounds.
     Besides, in real football, when managers want their team to play better, they offer many bonuses, so Gokickoff will get closer to reality this way.
     What do you think ?
Salers FC
GK since S6
France World Cup Quarter-Finalist S12

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
Re: MOTS
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 03:11:50 AM »
While I agree that there should be a cost associated with using a mots (e.g. extra player condition loss, etc), I absolutely don't think it should be a monetary cost.

However, the idea of peformance bonuses might be interesting one, depending on what you had in mind....
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 10:21:01 AM »
MOTS are to be eliminated from the game....firstly i partially understand them, but then, when i see their application, i definitively disagree with their usage. What about if, in a same league, let's say that 3 or 4 teams will use their MOTS against the same, strongest, club? Is it fair that such clubs has to play (in my example) up to 6/8 matchs against MOTS?

Don't like it, never liked it. I think that with a good tactic you can surprise most of your opponents...
---- Proud Member of Portugal Top Level League ----

Nory Levi

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »
I think using mots right now is just fine because we just can use only 2 each season.So managers must select the right match to use  ;) :D 8)

spamrulez

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 01:30:40 PM »
Using the MOTS should have a cost. A cost that shouldn't be paid in any misure with credits or token and should be at will.

I guess that any team should be allowed to play all the MOTS she wants but for example at the price of not having friendlies in that week.

A match of the season should be a pretty well prepared match with the players gathered togheter in an isolated place for a special preparation that should affect the morale of the players itself. I guess that a team under a MOTS effect should play like under the effect of a superb morale.

Otherwise it could be that after the MOTS the morale of the players could fall into poor but that way it could not be used at will.
Spam Rulez manager of Astronomy Domine
an italian team since season 1

martinol

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 09:29:18 PM »
My idea is that everything that helps improving results in this game costs money. Everything but MOTS. That's why I think they should have an impact on the budget like any other option, for example if you use a MOTS, the cost of the wages could be doubled at the end of the week.
Salers FC
GK since S6

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 10:01:21 PM »
 ;) Why not, instead of making Mots a cost, make it something that you must earn. Mots should perhaps build up over time after say an accumulated number of losses or set by some standard rate of increase that could be prorated against league position. In that way, managers will first have to earn a Mots and then could use it as they wished. It would be something that would be more realistic.
Hibury FC

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 01:01:29 AM »
;) Why not, instead of making Mots a cost, make it something that you must earn. Mots should perhaps build up over time after say an accumulated number of losses or set by some standard rate of increase that could be prorated against league position. In that way, managers will first have to earn a Mots and then could use it as they wished. It would be something that would be more realistic.

I have suggested something similar in the past, but winning should not be the criteria imo. After all, the teams with the best records should not be the ones with the most mots. For me, the ability of a manager to motivate his or her players depends specifically on activity - time spent "working" with player and club activities.

Each season lasts approximately 18 weeks or 18 x 7 = 126 days. For me, every manager who logs in on 50 of those days should get 1 mots awarded at the beginning of the following season. Another 50 days of logins would provide a 2nd mots. In this way, a manager can earn their 2 mots per season by simply logging in to GKO ~80% of days (5.5 days/week on average). Of course, a highly motivated manager could theoretically earn 5 mots in 2 seasons with this system. Therefore, a team should have space for up to 3 mots to use in a season if they earn them. In contrast, an absentee manager might take 3 or 4 seasons to earn just 1 mots.

Finally, there is nothing sillier than the last gameweek when teams use their mots against whoever they might have since they didn't use theirs that season. Each manager should be able to save up to 1 unused mots so long as their total would not exceed the limit of 3.

But don't hold your breath, this has been discussed many times and GM seem unwilling to make any changes to the MotS system  :(
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:10:26 AM by Brian Clough »

Nory Levi

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 03:04:02 AM »
I agree with Brian 8)

martinol

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 03:17:06 PM »
Finally, there is nothing sillier than the last gameweek when teams use their mots against whoever they might have since they didn't use theirs that season.

I think putting a price on MOTS would automatically fix that problem.

Then I disagree on the fact that MOTS would be earned by logging in a certain number of times in the season. Forcing people to log in is not a good solution, MOTS are an ingame element and should not put a kind of pressure on managers irl.
Gokickoff is also about making keen financial decisions. I don't see a reason why MOTS could not belong to that category. They are an investment after all because they may result in higher reward later in the season, just like any other expense.
Salers FC
GK since S6

Nory Levi

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 03:26:30 PM »
But you just have 2 mots each season so you will have to used it wisely

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 06:31:30 PM »
Finally, there is nothing sillier than the last gameweek when teams use their mots against whoever they might have since they didn't use theirs that season.

I think putting a price on MOTS would automatically fix that problem.

Then I disagree on the fact that MOTS would be earned by logging in a certain number of times in the season. Forcing people to log in is not a good solution, MOTS are an ingame element and should not put a kind of pressure on managers irl.
Gokickoff is also about making keen financial decisions. I don't see a reason why MOTS could not belong to that category. They are an investment after all because they may result in higher reward later in the season, just like any other expense.

Money doesn't buy victory. The very notion that money can buy victory is absolutely disgraceful.  Sure getting the most out of one's players is an investment, but not a monetary one. Think about reall world football. History's greatest managers didn't motivate their players by giving away cash bonuses for playing well in key matches. The greatest managers of history all gained the absolute trust and respect from their players; they put them on their toes whenever they set foot in the room, and each had a playing philosophy that was greeted with enthusiasm and carried on to the pitch with spirit and belief. Above all, though, a manager must have the respect of everybody at the football club.

How are trust and respect earned? Not through money, that is certain! If you have a crappy boss, you won't respect or trust him just because he signs your paycheck or gives you a end of the year bonus! A great manager needs to be able to communicate & motivate the players through trust and respect to get the very best out of the players. Does that sound a lot like a MotS? It sure does to me. The kind of loyalty can only be earned through an entirely different kind of investment: time and energy. Logging in to our teams and spending time checking players' condition, training, etc. is about as close as it comes in the GKO universe, which is why I think this would be the best way to earn MotS. After all, nobody wants managers that log in twice per season just to play their MotS (there is one in my league btw).

You say "forcing people to log in is  not a good solution" but how else do you expect to win at this game? Just set your formation and check back every few weeks/months? That won't work! Furthermore, spending <5 minutes per day on GKO is not going to put pressure on managers irl. I work a full time job too you know. You don't need to spend hours each day, just log in! Maybe hit club activities and do a souvenir booth..it takes around 30 seconds ffs!

An inactive manager in GKO is like a real-world football manager the players almoist never see! No player is going to do their very best for such a manager in the real world, and they shouldn't in GKO either. To get 2 mots with my proposed system, a manager would only need to log in 11 different days every 2 weeks, on average, which is what most successful managers in GKO do anyway! This is not unreasonable. Besides, logging in is worth something - money (club activities) or player condition/morale boost (player activities). Logging in 5-6 times per week can earn a club 10,000-20,000 G per week just from club activities! Only inactive managers would suffer from this proposed system, and they surely don't care enough about it to be one of the best anyway.

martinol

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »
managers didn't motivate their players by giving away cash bonuses for playing well in key matches.

Actually, they do...

A great manager needs to be able to communicate & motivate the players through trust and respect to get the very best out of the players. Does that sound a lot like a MotS? It sure does to me.

You are forgetting that a MOTS is something exceptionnal, something that happens twice in a season. What you are describing is a great team led by a great manager, nothing more.

I guess everyone here is aware of the fact that you need to log in regularly to win at this game. What I am saying is that logging in should not be a condition for any special reward in the game. What if an involved manager like you and me loses a MOTS because he couldn't log in for sometime because of some personal reason or because he couldn't find an Internet connection? This hypothesis sounds as ridiculous to you as it sounds to me but it could be a direct consequence of your system.
If money buys victory, it's called corruption. A MOTS only makes your team play better, it does not mean victory everytime you use it. If you pay for a MOTS, you are not buying victory, you are just making your players want more on the field. And this is as real as Gokickoff can get.

Then again, I agree with you on the fact that admin will not change MOTS in the coming seasons, so this discussion may be pointless anyway  :-X
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:30:40 PM by martinol »
Salers FC
GK since S6

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 11:37:53 PM »
managers didn't motivate their players by giving away cash bonuses for playing well in key matches.

Actually, they do...

I think you mean they get performance bonuses, which are quite different from a MotS as they are generally stipulated in the player's contract, e.g. bonuses for goals scored, wins, etc., not decided upon the day before the match. 

Again I wasn't suggesting that a manager should need to log in 100% of the time to earn their MotS. Nobody will miss out on a mots because they couldn't log in one day or even one week. In fact with my proposed system, a manager could go on vacation for over 3 weeks to the most remote spot on earth (with no internet or mobile phone reception) and still be able to earn their 2 MotS for the season.

Anyway I'm just annoyed that the current system allows some managers to log in twice a season just to play their mots and this could be one solution for discouraging it.   Also, a big payout for a mots just seems cheap and would benefit wealthy clubs disproportionately. Really, I'd just as soon get rid of MotS all together...but if they must stay I'd rather they be earned thru consistent activity, not cash.
 :)

Ologga

MOTS
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 02:41:30 PM »
Will you remove MOTS finally before new season 10 begins, Admin? I hope yes for GKO can become a most fair game for everybody, not only for some users. Thanks a lot.

raketa

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 03:45:26 PM »
remove mots, I vote for that

spamrulez

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 03:49:49 PM »
I like MOTS.

Every team can use it twice.
It's a strategic element of the game.

I like it.
Spam Rulez manager of Astronomy Domine
an italian team since season 1

panjcof

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 04:18:40 PM »
Many times we have discussed about this, and I doubt that admin will do anything on this issue.  ???  In any case I think that Mots should remain, but only in the domestic and cup competition. In this way nobody will have advantage in WCC competition,and "small" teams will have a chance to surprise favorites and so that they could get the chance to participate in this international competition  8)

SKENDERBEU.F.C.REAL

• Professional team
  • Ok i am here now and serving to you
    • View Profile
    • Visit my site!
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 05:30:55 PM »
dont remove them, everybody deserves a chance, just build your team enough strong to be able to hold off the other team's fury while they are on MOTS ??? >:( :o :(

MathewsPateras

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 05:37:44 PM »
Will you remove MOTS finally before new season 10 begins, Admin? I hope yes for GKO can become a most fair game for everybody, not only for some users. Thanks a lot.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 05:39:02 PM »
Speak about MotS is a waste, we all know that admin won't listen our complains about it.

And the story is always the same: weak teams wants them to have a chance to compensate their weak/unproperly trained players. Strong teams hates then because MotS becomes an insignificant squad into a tough team, when a weak team uses mots, it usually becomes impossible to score and their strikers becomes too effective, that makes things too unfair.

What do i think about them? I think they should remain, but their effect should be sotfer and mots user team should receive a penalty (such as an extra condition loss or something). Also, all teams should play in similar circunstances (no mots in wcc maybe) so playing in non competitive league shouldn't give you an advantage against other teams who comes from tougher leagues.
My team: (95928)

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 05:47:56 PM »
I don't know why is new topic abuot same issue? Why mots don't merge those together?
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 06:30:53 PM »

Who are thoose ,some users,?

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 07:38:08 PM »
 ;) I totally dislike Mots. They are the great equalizer for teams when they know they are playing against opposition they shouldn't beat. This is a problem for my club as we would certainly do better across the board if Mots was removed from this game.
 :-\ With that said, I am not for removing Mots from the game. It should be about fun after all. Not all users are keen enough to produce a quality team or just don't have the time or patience to spend the time needed to create a team that can be considered quality.  For these players, the Mots is like an ace in the hole. It is the great equalizer for their club and gives them at least a chance to break teams they should only be smashed by. It is a pain when teams get over my club with Mots and even more irritating to see how moral in these matches goes into the toilet when it really had nothing to do with them playing poorly.
 ::) If anything could be done about Mots, I would say it shouldn't be so detrimental to moral when a team pummels another due to the Mots condition.
Hibury FC

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 08:26:00 AM »
Using the MOTS should have a cost. A cost that shouldn't be paid in any misure with credits or token and should be at will.

I guess that any team should be allowed to play all the MOTS she wants but for example at the price of not having friendlies in that week.

A match of the season should be a pretty well prepared match with the players gathered togheter in an isolated place for a special preparation that should affect the morale of the players itself. I guess that a team under a MOTS effect should play like under the effect of a superb morale.

Otherwise it could be that after the MOTS the morale of the players could fall into poor but that way it could not be used at will.