Author Topic: List of leagues with 'no league mots' rule  (Read 5161 times)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
List of leagues with 'no league mots' rule
« on: September 17, 2015, 11:37:55 PM »
I wanted to determine which, and how many, nations have adopted a 'no mots in league' rule in their top league.

If your nation that has adopted this rule, please post it here and please provide a link to your national forum thread about it. This will help other nations develop their own rule if they so decide. Cheers.
 ;D
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

JohnTerry

• Professional team
  • Moderator of Serbia GKO Forum
    • View Profile
Re: List of leagues with 'no league mots' rule
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 06:42:19 AM »
Like always in your case, another great idea from you mate.

In Serbia we had that rule for previous few season and everything was fine but this season huge cheating cartel and their sympathisers/vassals understanded that without playing MoTS with their multi-accounts vs stronger teams they are not competitive and that rule has been "whitdrawn".

Sorry for this off-topic but since Serbia GKO "community" is one of the biggest i needed to wrote that fact.
Forever trust in who you are - and nothing else matters!

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 07:15:30 AM »
1st I have to say it, Mots is a developers problem and idea that users can manage it is not correct.

In Poland like in Serbia  we have once an agreement to don't use Motses in the league. Once on all seasons!!!

In leages when teams different each seasons and real competition eveery way to win or to avoid relegation is hugely needed. So Motses are and will be in use . Until will be removed!!
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

JohnTerry

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 07:24:52 AM »
No, you are not right. It is same like for example you said that slavery is problem of rulers, not slaves. Slaves have to obey each command (no matter how stupid or unhuman) until kings or pharaons change their own rule and policy!?!

Instead, they have to strongly oppose all that nonsences, don`t you agree?

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 10:43:31 AM »
You misunderstood me. I didn't  write about ethic but about real behaviours. When something is allowed by law there will be always people who will do it.
PS.  Slavery in USA had to forbidden by Civil War.  Not by agreemnent all sides.
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 11:21:56 AM »
Problems with MotS will always be there until developers remove them, and i don't think that's gonna happen.

In argentinian top level, there is no "no mots pact", BUT there is some kind of ethic code between us, and we try to win matches with our own strenght, all people know that i won't play mots against them in league matches, so they don't play mots against me, still this season gave me a few surprises, there was a match key to the 3rd/4th spot and one team played mots in the second round, nobody saw that coming beceause that match was between 2 "old school teams", and another match that really surprised me was a cup match, between 2 teams that never had a problem between them (in fact, the team that received the mots once helped the other to lift a ban!!!!), i must say that those 2 matches caught me completely off guarded.
Relegation war and mots? That's a carnage....

But if i have to be honest i don't think badly about them, i blame the system, not the user itself.... The temptation always be there, people will eventually fall, were made of bone and flesh after all  :(

My point is, i'm not sure that "full league pacts" can be done, i think they would be the perfect thing, but i don't think it can last forever, people eventually falls into the temptation, and with time, that will do a huge damage to the game itself, because communities are the thing that keeps this game alive, and they will die, little by little.
My team: (95928)

Kaiserz357

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 01:43:16 PM »
I would like to say if you can have agreement notto use mots in top league the things that happen are:
1. in cup topleague team will have 2 mots so lower league team 100% can not win title
2. team that play wcl will have 2mots adventage than other coutry team

that still very b9g unfair that things that fair are
1. admin remove mots or
2. let's  mots used naturaly  :)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 05:12:52 PM »
In USA we are planning on implementing this rule next season. We tried implementing it this season but a few managers had not paid attention to forum and chat where it was discussed and voted on, causing some confusion.

The only way to enforce this agreement is if (1) a majority of managers agree and (2) managers who defy the agreement become mots "targets" for a while from the majority.

I would like to say if you can have agreement notto use mots in top league the things that happen are:
1. in cup topleague team will have 2 mots so lower league team 100% can not win title
We are trying to address this by allowing mots to be played against any team that has won the league in the past 5 seasons after a team has been knocked out of the cup. 99% of mots are played late in the season, anyway.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 05:35:29 PM »

2. team that play wcl will have 2mots adventage than other coutry team

That is not entirely right....
In WCC, most MotSes are used in qualifying phase, you rarely see them in group stage or knockout phase, when group stage ends, people usually agree no mots matches.
The only.teams that gets an advantage of using kots in WCC are.those who plays in weaker leagues and don't need them at national level (and of course, farm squads with no competition at all), i don't think that "strong leagues" or "strong communities" have an advantage at all, they are mostly victimized by mots.
My team: (95928)

TommyJ

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 06:43:36 PM »
In Macedonian league such an agreement is just between me and Igec (coffe shop) and only for league games, it is a genleman agreement, everybody else make no respect of such an agreement, they will play mots against you even if they have no benefit of it, just to harm you or help other team. But this mots talk is 10 season old and will be here until the game is over, sadly.
Macedonia Top Level winner - season 5; season 7
Macedonia Top Level runner up - season 6; season 9

berkan

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 12:55:46 AM »
In Paraguay the covenant of MOST is used only in the cup, but which is always a temptation to use it in the league. I'm not in favor of eliminating MOST  :)
My Team: Olimpia (18959)
Paraguay Forum Moderator
Top Level Winner (13)
Cup Winner (6)

Aquilicua

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 02:09:05 PM »
(2) managers who defy the agreement become mots "targets" for a while from the majority.

I think it would not be a good idea... it could be the beginning of bigger problems. You would have to respect the others decions, and maybe to pact "no mots" between us (the teams that accept the pact).  ;)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 07:29:26 PM »
(2) managers who defy the agreement become mots "targets" for a while from the majority.

I think it would not be a good idea... it could be the beginning of bigger problems. You would have to respect the others decions, and maybe to pact "no mots" between us (the teams that accept the pact).  ;)

This is a perfect example of "tyranny of the minority". The few managers who would defy the rule ruin it for the rest. Why would 14 teams agree to not use mots when 2 will use them without consequence?

There is a reason why nothing in this world is decided by consensus.

JohnTerry

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 08:40:02 AM »
Again, without mots you have realistic competitions where best teams have best chances to be champions (which of course not guaranteed). If this is intended to be realistic game then mots should/must be rulled out.

Moreover, mots only fuels multi-accounting: people are playing with multi-accs, pushing their multi-teams towards top league and when they arrive there start to unfairly influence outcome of league competition. As i wrote many times, in Serbia you have such case where particular user (hidden behind premium accounts) has at least 2 teams in top division and he uses mots to obstruct his main rival(s).

My point is - if there is no mots multi-accs are not so big problem or at least they can`t severely influence league competition like it is case now. In Serbia, after few seasons of no-mots regular competitions we again have unregular one where key for the title is to have as much multies in top league and to be "popular" with other users which are not competitive for title but will help you by playing mots again your "unpopular" rival.

This game is not "Popularity contest" or "Who has more multies competition" - league must be played in fair conditions and not under "everything is allowed which is not prohibited/sanctioned" conditions and then best team should win.

What we have now is completely opposite.

seefish

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 04:22:27 AM »
I need mots to avoid relegation,so....
Agree without mots is a stronger team
rule is rule
Thank for the memories,But it's time say goodbye!

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2024, 06:08:25 AM »
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2024, 08:58:53 AM »
сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт 
сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт 
сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт 
сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт сайт