Author Topic: Disparity between big and small GKO nations  (Read 23163 times)

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
Re: Disparity between big and small GKO nations
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2014, 07:15:00 PM »
 ;) I have one more thing to say on this topic... Shame on you guys. Keep your little clubs at the top if you can and pat each others back because you were the lucky ones. Its only a game but for some of you, I guess its more. I guess when you use something like a game to define who you are... it makes sense that you would do all you can to protect that. It took me a while to see the true colors of some in this forum. I'm pleased to say that not everyone in GKO is selfish or high on themselves. As for the rest... whatever. :(
Hibury FC

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2014, 07:50:10 PM »
you've asked for a team to come to your league and see how it is at the beginning. i gave you the facts and i think i pretty much destroyed your argument (were you thinking we forgot how it was at the beginning and we don't know how it is in a small league?). is this all you have to say, is this all you can do, attack the persons, instead of the facts? prove that i'm wrong!

i'm not against giving more money to a team, but it's gotta be justified. the way i see it, you've already been given more money, so stop asking for more.

i'm not against expanding a league, but there has to be a justified reason, connected to the real number of persons interested in that league. if you desperately need a bigger league, with bigger prizes, to compensate for your managerial shortcomings, all you need to do is gather your friends, co-workers, acquaintances over for some beer and ask them to create a team. it's simple, even if it's artificial.

do something, don't just complain!

ps: just in case anyone is wondering, yes, my first and second teams are both premium. not going to make a third one in Bermuda, i don't need to humiliate drifter by making it more successful than his team >:)

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2014, 07:54:35 PM »
Shame on you guys. Keep your little clubs at the top if you can and pat each others back because you were the lucky ones. Its only a game but for some of you, I guess its more. I guess when you use something like a game to define who you are... it makes sense that you would do all you can to protect that. It took me a while to see the true colors of some in this forum. I'm pleased to say that not everyone in GKO is selfish or high on themselves. As for the rest... whatever. :(
Drifter , I found that both sides have some rights but I don't know why you offend other users? All blame is GKO staff who don't give you B level. If there be B level you can make enuogh people to have human coaches of NT and all prizes in Top Level. That's a litlle thing but still too big for this morons who own this game.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:56:36 PM by Ruta »
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2014, 07:56:00 PM »
I'm only speaking to a select few Ruta.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:57:55 PM by Drifter »
Hibury FC

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2014, 07:58:52 PM »
 ;) Can you tell us who your second team is? We would be interested to take a look at it.
Hibury FC

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2014, 08:00:21 PM »
;) I have one more thing to say on this topic... Shame on you guys. Keep your little clubs at the top if you can and pat each others back because you were the lucky ones.

Weren't you lucky? Ah yes, you got everything to improve a lot faster than you did, but your club were unlucky, you were its manager.

Its only a game but for some of you, I guess its more. I guess when you use something like a game to define who you are...

For some, this miserable game is a national pride subject, weird uh...?

it makes sense that you would do all you can to protect that. It took me a while to see the true colors of some in this forum. I'm pleased to say that not everyone in GKO is selfish or high on themselves

Interesting wods, coming from somebody who never help others, and only show his face when his interest needs to be satisfied.
If i would be so desperate to keep my "status quo", do you think i would be here, posting replies to other users's questions or sharing my experience with others?

If Sopelana, Ruta, Brian and many others would behave like most chinese/thai managers does, this game would still be a big bag of secrets, i won't ask you to think about it, because i'm not sure that you might be able to think clearly. You have realized how many mistakes you did so far, you're angry because others grow, while you are stuck, and you are the one to blame, not us, i can't expect you to think clearly now... Maybe later?
My team: (95928)

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2014, 08:23:19 PM »
That's where your wrong. If my mistake was winning my league titles and winning my cup titles, perhaps you are right, but as far as I see it, I have done what is needed to bring success to my club. With our without the extra league prize money, something that effects my league more than it does my own club, I am finding success and without ripping off all those who are buying my players when I sell them.
Perhaps my mistake was not selling players I no longer valued at the inflated prices I have seen you selling. How many players did you dupe with players you knew were in your opinion, low quality. Toot your own horn if you want, but any help you gave the league was the result of you trying to help yourself. Since this has descended into mudslinging, I will again withdraw myself from this issue. We all have our opinions, even if some think their opinions are the end all of all things. We have seen the facts, provided by Brian earlier. Those who manage below you can read as well and can make their own opinions. As for mine... You talk a good game and have a good team but that's about as far as it goes. Many managers may think you are GKO royalty, but a few have lost my respect through the course of this discussion.

And before you go quoting me again in some attempt to continue the subject, save it. You've said enough here to show there is no more reason to discuss anything with you anymore.
Hibury FC

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2014, 09:09:20 PM »
Me, a cheater, sure sure. Was it me who said cheating is right here, or was it you? I wonder who is behind those ghost teams in Bermuda, you are so desperate to be recognized as "a big country" that i wouldn't be surprised if you'd be the one.

Just for the record: i have sold important players for me, not only those i found useless. Want some examples?

To improve my stadium to the best level, i sold my best striker (a player with more than 50 goals each season).
My bar and hotel will be the best level next week, how do you think i get the money, collecting season 11 prize money? I sold a LA10 keeper (something really rare to find), can you collect 10M selling players? No, you can't,.not even selling your whole squad. But if you would have decided to improve academy at least an extra level (avoiding to buy so many players) i am sure you would be a bit close.

Now, do you know why i sell? Because i have a backup plan, i usually have a backup plan and it always have an improvement estimated, and a lost, it usually is. A squad with 40 players surely have many tactical backup, but it rarely have improvement to estimate, that's the difference mate.

And, do you know why i get good money from my players? I'll give you a clue: proper training and patience ;)
Still, if you think i cheated, you know what to do, i am sure you sent a cry message to admin, pegging for extra money, waste only a few more minutes and write him again, my mind is clear.

I am done here too, there's nothing more for me to say.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:29:54 PM by Kr10s »

LieCheatNsteal

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2014, 02:18:04 AM »

And before you go quoting me again in some attempt to continue the subject, save it. You've said enough here to show there is no more reason to discuss anything with you anymore.

Agree, Drifter juz make ur Academy to THE BEST then all will be different, we can do it in Singapore then suppose u can do it in Bermuda.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2014, 05:27:31 AM »
I wish that everyone's mind would be calm now, to clarify this discussion, let's have a look at this team:
http://www.gokickoff.com/team_overviews.php?club_id=222138
This team worked as a chinese manager's farm, some of his good players were sent to chinese squad (to fill the chinese squad, they aren't strong mostly) and those who required training were sent to play here (such a DC i bought later, paying "inflacted prices" as somebody said, without considering player quality at all) but the weak players were here, he won EVERYTHING, but if you see his transfer record, incomes came from selling high LA players mostly. He improved stadium capacity, with extra money he improved academy and using incomes from selling players he improved all the rest. This team is unnactive since jan 30th (close than 8 months, so it's 5 seasons active and almost 2 seasons unnactive) but still, i see a stronger team than Bermuda's teams and MILLIONS extra invested on facilities.
This team started on season 5, so it's 7 seasons old (same than Drifter's), but i must remind you guys that he is unnactive since more than a season, if his manager woyld still use this team in the last 8 months, he might be even better than now...

THIS IS WHAT SOPELANA MEANT WHEN HE SAID

Is like in real life, if I can choose between win a millon euro in your first year working and nothing then, or win 50.000 during next 30 years, I always prefer to win fast that , millon. Why? if I had a millon I would convert it easy and fast in more money than 50.000x30 = 1,5 M.

And that is the reason because i said

i am not against Bermuda would receive same money than others, BUT i think they should have same (or close) difficulties than most of us have: if Bermuda league would have C level or lower and new teams would be allocated at the very botton, if they would need to waste SEASONS playing with bot teams or few humans before reaching the top i would accept it, but now everything is easy for them, their only "problem" is that they get half prize money at the end of the season, but let's be honest, 500k for a top level team is an insignificant amount of money.

And yes, for an old top level team, 500k (or 700k) IS an insignificant amount of money, or it should be, it's all about how fast you get it and how good you are using it, that team i placed is a proof of it: more than 20M ahead of Drifter's squad in money invested on facilities and another few millions extra in player's market value (not est. Value, market value) with 5 seasons and half as an active top level team.

BTW, did i menction that i met him on WCC twice, and this team were an interesting challenge despite his "farm weak players" role?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:50:31 AM by Kr10s »

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2014, 08:19:21 AM »
 little FC      10.445.000 G   
invested in youth camp. this is how much he had spent in seasons 9 and 10. he had the second investment, after  ARAMAZOV PLOVDIV      14060000 G

edit: that was a week before the youth players came. the investment was 400k/week.
looking at another data, from next season, when he switched to 5k/week, i can calculate that he invested 800k more, to a total of 11.245.000 G
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:28:57 AM by top level »

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2014, 04:57:03 AM »
I think that when any small nation with substandard prizes achieves a wcl rank that provides 2 wcl places, they should get full prize money. It only seems fair....
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2014, 07:21:06 AM »
I think that when any small nation with substandard prizes achieves a wcl rank that provides 2 wcl places, they should get full prize money. It only seems fair....

i'll remind you of this at some point, because i intend to bring my second team's country into top 40 sooner, rather than later. and that country only has 1 human team.

JohnTerry

• Professional team
  • Moderator of Serbia GKO Forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2014, 08:16:52 AM »
IMO, essence of this (and every other game) is to be simulation - not "arcade". Meaning that "realistc disparity" must be involved and present...and accounted for.
What is point of this topic? Compared to RL - to make football champion of Gibraltar and Germany equal? I mean, that would never happen (except in case of some "investor" pump huge ammount of money and make artificial team like many cases this days (years)).
Check out Champions League in RL - nearly 75% are regulars which are increasing difference towards others instead of shrinking "disparity".
In order to get closer to best teams, teams from weaker leagues must work hard and smart (smart investments in ifrastructure and players) in order to slowly but steadily compensate that difference - and not through overnight unrealistic huge prize money increase or some other also unrealistic "solutions". It takes time and lots of patience but is realistic way.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:19:36 AM by JohnTerry »
Forever trust in who you are - and nothing else matters!

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2014, 02:38:34 PM »

i'll remind youngest of this at some point, because i intend to bring my second team's country into top 40 sooner, rather than later. and that country only has 1 human team.
Fair enough, but a 2nd WCL spot would surely make the league quite attractive for new managers to join. BTW which nation is your team in?

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2014, 05:39:59 PM »
i highly doubt it. a league with a dominant team, that would leave them no chance at getting trophies is not attractive, compared to some empty league. i counted at least 42 bots in champions cup, there are plenty of leagues to chose from.

why do you want to know the country? you think i'm lying about the upgrades? don't worry, i'm not. and my teams are both premium, so i'm legit.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2014, 07:54:51 PM »
i highly doubt it. a league with a dominant team, that would leave them no chance at getting trophies is not attractive, compared to some empty league. i counted at least 42 bots in champions cup, there are plenty of leagues to chose from.

why do you want to know the country? you think i'm lying about the upgrades? don't worry, i'm not. and my teams are both premium, so i'm legit.

Only to see just how close you are to the top 40.

One caveat to this...the league would need at least 16 users, enough to fill an entire league.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:03:50 PM by Brian Clough »

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2014, 08:41:33 PM »
nowhere near top 40.

One caveat to this...the league would need at least 16 users, enough to fill an entire league.

Bermuda doesn't have 16 users.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2014, 09:24:16 PM »
nowhere near top 40.

Bermuda doesn't have 16 users.

According to the Bermuda nation page, it has 22. I think at least 16 of these are legit users.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 09:29:58 PM by Brian Clough »

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2014, 09:32:43 PM »
after 00 utc, you can check the club ranking for Bermuda and see how many of those teams are banned, double or triple accounts, etc.

check for yourself and let me know how it goes. use the ip's to see the real numbers.

i've checked, there are less than 16 real users. don't get fooled by big-mouth drifter. and don't throw mud at carlos and all the argentinians on bermuda's chat. it doesn't look good on you. i thought you were a gentleman, but i was so wrong!

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2014, 10:09:58 PM »
after 00 utc, you can check the club ranking for Bermuda and see how many of those teams are banned, double or triple accounts, etc.

check for yourself and let me know how it goes. use the ip's to see the real numbers.

i've checked, there are less than 16 real users. don't get fooled by big-mouth drifter. and don't throw mud at carlos and all the argentinians on bermuda's chat. it doesn't look good on you. i thought you were a gentleman, but i was so wrong!

Well at least 10 are active and there seem to be a few more waiting to join the league.

If you can't tell the difference between mudslinging and banter, there's nothing I can do to help.

BTW what is th attraction of having a 2nd team in an inactive league? It's like playing chess against the computer on the easiest setting. Perhaps you need the ego boost?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 10:21:45 PM by Brian Clough »

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2014, 10:19:41 PM »
none of the teams waiting to join are legit.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2014, 10:30:44 PM »
none of the teams waiting to join are legit.

Perhaps, though I don't think either of us are in a position to judge. Well, enjoy routing the bots with your 2nd team!

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2014, 10:42:29 PM »
like i've said, wait till you'll be able to see the ranking and you'll see all the teams. there is an attempt for a triple account that is plain as daylight, a banned account, a ucrainean that's trying to get a team everywhere, some teams with random name and user like this: oucnpqyr and if you'll write down the ip's of all the teams in bermuda, you'll have serious questions about the real number of persons playing.
look beyond appearances.

and about your sarcastic remark: my goal is not round up all the bots, but to train 2 players from my first team. anything else that might come out of it, it's just a bonus. so far it helped me see how easy it is for users like drifter to develop a team. that's only if they want to.

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2014, 11:02:03 AM »
 ;) So you made another team to train players for your first team?  That's is what you are doing?
Hibury FC