Author Topic: MOTS  (Read 15591 times)

KRAGRA

• Professional team
  • [Zv�?az� ten, kto vie z��itkova? vlastn� sily !!!]
    • View Profile
MOTS
« on: February 26, 2014, 10:54:59 PM »
Yet not even half of the season and I've lost 3 matches with MOTS used against me.
What remains to man (manager), when thus agree on it 3-4 people using MOTS?! May cancel your entire account on a daily basis which is fairly old, I try to improve training facilities, I have the best stadium in our league.
 ???

But I still do not understand, which is why developers have devised MOTS? And neither for the lazy and inexperienced teams?!

I'm cancellation MOTS into the next season, otherwise this game is meaningless, everything should be all about tactics and strategy of a particular manager and not a stupid one click the yellow box with text MOTS.

It's unfair to a manager (think of himself, but also other teams that are on it, etc.), but also my soccer.

minus points, score table, ..."which was right behind in life."

... otherwise I cancel my account, why sciences, once you can not compare the strength of opponents in a fighting game, whether equal or not.

What is equitable? ... When someone has prepared 6 hours tactics and strategy or 3 clicks-3 peoples to MOTS? "with the preparation of 3 matches."

Anyway of the teams, that click on MOTS had the least watched live on their matches! It is normal, that I can use max 2 mots and to me is using the 5-6 mots from opponents for the entire season!? It's not fair.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:59:39 PM by KRAGRA »
  Slovakia NT Manager

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
Re: MOTS
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 11:00:42 PM »
Honestly, i am not against the MotS concept, but i do think that the system needs to have some changes. It's effect should be weaker for sure, and using them should have some kind of penalty, else, everything is about clicking a button, and that is not fair at all!
My team: (95928)

Red

• National Team
  • Red Devils 21 (278068)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:12:57 PM »
Another situation is that premium account can manage many teams in same league...beside games inbetween those teams imagine what You can do with 2-4 teams x 2 mots against your rival... :(
I will buy young players with PR 5 and higher,send me your offer.

JoseMou

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 12:51:42 AM »
Another situation is that premium account can manage many teams in same league...beside games inbetween those teams imagine what You can do with 2-4 teams x 2 mots against your rival... :(
This is possible not only for premium users. There is many cheaters with 2 or more clubs but admin don't care about that. He is interested only to take your money

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 01:39:38 AM »
 ;) There have been a lot of good points made about MOTS. Personally, I dislike them, especially when they are mostly used against me. The benefit of having two MOTS each season is matched against the 6-10 MOTS that are used against me each season.
The point about managers having more than one team certainly seems valid, especially when these teams only seem to do any management at all when its my team they are playing.
It can be disheartening for managers who really do care about tactics, long term planning, sacrifice and hard work. When a team with a manager who gives no pride or time to the team can beat a team where the management is constantly working to improve the team, it sends the wrong message.
I think it would be more fair if the number of MOTS was limited to only one. I also agree that their strength should be limited. Most serious managers will agree that this brings more realism into the game and rewards hard work.
Hibury FC

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 07:21:48 AM »
I think it would be more fair if the number of MOTS was limited to only one [per season]. I also agree that their strength should be limited. Most serious managers will agree that this brings more realism into the game and rewards hard work.

Agreed. There is a reason why it's called "match [singular] of the season".

Also, lets remove MOTS from WCL. One of my countrymen recently defeated a much stronger opponent in WCL without a MOTS:
http://www.gokickoff.com/team_match_detail.php?match_id=7560219
So I really don't see why they are needed....
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

DeGlen

• Professional team
  • Rsc Arsenal - NT manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 11:58:45 AM »

Also, lets remove MOTS from WCL. One of my countrymen recently defeated a much stronger opponent in WCL without a MOTS:
http://www.gokickoff.com/team_match_detail.php?match_id=7560219
So I really don't see why they are needed....

Lol.. That was a lucky win of your countrymen ;).. Hehe  :-[

As Carlos says.. Using a mots should include a penalty..
I don't know if some of you are familiar with the game Hattrick?.. There you can also play as if it is the match of the season, but that has a negative effect on the team spirit.. Here in GKO there is no genereal team spirit. So maybe using a mots should have a negative effect on the morale of your players or instead of losing 10% condition from a game, the players should lose 20% if they play a match of the season.
6x Champions of Belgium
18x Belgium Cup-finalist: 9x Winner, 9x Runner-up
Quarter-finalist WCL Season 4
Semi-finalist WCL Season 5
Round of 16 WCL Season 11
Former NT-manager and U21-Manager Belgium

TommyJ

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 01:37:29 PM »
If the team who plays mots against you is doing a favor of another team, then penalty of loosing 20% condition or morale decreasing will not fix the problem, it is risk that will not stop the opponent to use mots. There is many cases when inactive team (log in 2-5 times monthly) are using mots just to help someone to win league, avoid relegation, or eliminate favorite from cup competition. MOTS are often used to harm the opponent, by stopping him in winning something, instead helping your team winning. In my country there is often accusations for using MOTS to help your friends, by playing with MOTS against his rival. For me, MoTS has more negative then positive effects on this game. He ruins managers friendly relationships, instead of closing the gap between so called BIG and SMALL teams. Many of you now will say that if your team is good and your tactics is set like it should, you will win the game. But sh.t happens, sometimes GE "want you to lose" even if you are 100lvl stronger than you opponent. These has been said million times on different forum themes, and MoTS is still here, so we must accept these conditions and rules of the game.

Kind Regards
 8)
Macedonia Top Level winner - season 5; season 7
Macedonia Top Level runner up - season 6; season 9

Red

• National Team
  • Red Devils 21 (278068)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 01:59:30 PM »
MOTS in current effect is killing spirit of the game.

Playing mots should incrase only morale of players in one step up,for example from good to very good.If players has superb morale mots will no effect on that player.
In this case mots will be more strategic moved cause will no guarantee super effect if we play against better team or we set bad tactic.
I will buy young players with PR 5 and higher,send me your offer.

worsar

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 05:39:26 PM »
Maybe MOTS shouldn't be banned at all. But they can be changed. For example in 1 season my team should receive just 2 MOTS from other teams. Or else there will be everytime unfair. I have the same problem in my league and every season I take 5 or 6 mots and have trouble with that.
Team: FC Kastamonu

Manager:

Establish date: 04/12/2010 (season 1)

The Turkish U-21 National Team Manager

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »
The point of how MOTS is distributed is also unfair. Each team, should they choose, could in theory only use MOTS on one team in the league. This ideas isn't as far fetched as it seems. The top teams are the ones who must suffer mostly from MOTS. These are usually the teams that are paying attention or are not cheating by creating other teams to bomb rivals with. I think MOTS could be banned easily with a positive effect on the game. What ever happened to the theory may the best team win.

MOTS is frustrating for many players and with so many other incentives for cheating, this just adds another. It is too easy to create another team and use that team to destroy your rivals without even playing a game. That is even more frustrating than actually having a real manager use MOTS against you.

Do we think that a situation where one team receives all the MOTS of one league a fair one. Is that fair to the manager who is receiving all this MOTS attention? Just the mere fact that this possibility exists is enough to seriously look at changing the way MOTS is used or acts in this game. Good team moral should come from good training and good selection processes, not some crack motivational speech that you can make twice a year. If you can make it twice, why not make that same speech before every game. It's simply not realistic.

The only fair way to implement MOTS is to make is some condition that can be earned. With the free roll play MOTS when ever I feel like, it brings to many negatives into the game at no cost at all to the MOTS user.

Admin. should really consider what many managers are saying. For too long they have dodged the issue hiding behind the numerous users with no clue as to how to grow and develop a team or no interest in this at all.  If we are honest with ourselves, we would know that it is the single most complained about feature in this game. The conversation already exists is several forum posts and continues to be mentioned in the chat forum. In light of so many who are pointing to this being a problem, how can we not address this issue to find some workable solution that is a better fit than the twice a year win button.

In truth, you can beat MOTS if your team is good enough, but its one of those rare things like finding a four leaf clover. In a world where loosing two points can cost you the league, draws due to MOTS are as unacceptable as losses to them.

P.S. Why not reward teams that receive MOTS with cash rewards at the end of the season to improve the team. Perhaps say 150K for each MOTS used against you. I promise they will think twice about using MOTS against another team when they know it will only fatten the bank book. I know this suggestion will not be taken seriously but wouldn't it be nice to make an extra 1.5 million because everyone wants to be you. :D
Hibury FC

Aizen

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 02:14:53 AM »
IMHO, Mots is not the issue here. The issue only occurs when one team is getting Mots multiple times during the season. I believe that Mots add a little twist for the managers' strategy in the game. The use of Mots is up to each managers' discretion.

For an example, look at US top league. The top two teams are Mean Machine and Espada FC (my team). We have been number one and two for several seasons now and I am not sure if that's going to change any time soon, but that is not important here. There are 4 spots for WCC for US. This means that if either Mean Machine or Espada FC also win the US Cup tournament, No. 3 and 4 will get to go to WCC. There are 4-5 teams competing for the two remaining spots. They have to make a choice to either use their Mots against the top two team because their teams are highly likely to lose against them or use them against their rivals for those two spots and hope their rivals also lose to the top two teams. They can also use their Mots in the Cup competition and try to win it. The beauty of it is that no one really know what your opponents are thinking and when they will use the Mots. Even with the Mots, they still may not win the match and sometimes even lose with it.

The top two teams also have their choices when they want to use their Mots. Either we use them against each other, against teams fighting for 3-4 spots, in the Cup, or in WCC. A match between my team and FC Kunu in WCC ended up in the 1-1 tie today because FC Kunu used one of his Mots. I don't know if the result will be difference if he didn't use it, but that's irrelevant. That match will most likely cost me a spot to go through to the next round because I needed to win the remaining  two matches to go through comfortably, but now I will have to wait until next week hoping that I will win against my opponent and the second place lose or tie in his match. Was I disappointed? Of course I am disappointed, but it is my own fault because I decided not to use Mots against FC Kunu.

The point that I am trying to make is that Mots add another strategy for managers to think about, but you can only use it twice in one season. It can either be enjoyable or a disappointment when one uses it or being uses against. At least Mots doesn't guarantee a victory for a team that decide to use it.
WC Champ SS6: USA Manager: Aizen Club: Espada FC

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 12:17:50 PM »
MOTS have to be eliminated...this is the only good thing that developers can do with them...
---- Proud Member of Portugal Top Level League ----

stefancachia

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »
look at the team BORUSIA was eliminated from the champions league, because of the MOS, this week, now he placed all his best players for sale !!!

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 03:09:20 PM »
Yes, and i am very sad because he quits.....
---- Proud Member of Portugal Top Level League ----

Aizen

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 03:10:09 PM »
look at the team BORUSIA was eliminated from the champions league, because of the MOS, this week, now he placed all his best players for sale !!!

He is Actually in the top spot of Group A. How did he get eliminated?

stefancachia

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 03:12:44 PM »
sorry not eliminated but lost in his last game on thursday beacuse of a MOS, and so he decided to place all his best players for sale for only 100G, this is a kind of protest

he placed them all 100G , as a protest i think.

even i, i was eliminated from the champions league because of the MOS

Aizen

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 03:22:54 PM »
I think Mots should stay, but it should not be in the WCC tournament. This is where the best of the best managers in this game compete and should be a fair game.

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 03:29:58 PM »
 ;) It's great that the US gets four spots. What about countries that get one spot? What about the leagues that are more like the Irish Prem. In that league, Celtic dominates and everyone else just fights for second place. Let's imagine MOTS was introduced there. Every team from Hiburian to Motherwell would use it against Celtic. Celtic would end up in 6th place for sure. That isn't a good representation of reality especially when Celtic is miles above its national rivals.
MOTS does not work for so many reasons. Yeah, it's fun to use MOTS against a team that is better than yours but that doesn't make it fair. Losses are a part of life. You make your decisions on the field and in the board room. That is where games should be won and lost. Let the league decide who is the best team, not the decision to use the autowin button. This was, last time I check, a management game.
Hibury FC

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 03:32:32 PM »
 ;) Why should MOTS not be in the WCC when it is in the league. It's ridiculous to remove it from one venue and not another. Let's be realistic here. Either MOTS goes all together or it should remain in the WCC. Why should league managers get its use and not those managers in the WCC who are dealing with the same conditions that league managers deal with, better teams. Those managers in the WCC who will face much stronger teams should have that option if they had to survive that same option in the league.
MOTS is wack, but if it stays, it should stay in the WCC as well, as much as I don't like it. That is fair.
Hibury FC

Aquilicua

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 04:44:13 PM »
MOTS used in National Leagues, in some countries, could be problematics if are focused in 1 or 2 teams. In some games, that I he played, I remember teams withs pacts of "no agression" (no MOTS) and then his MOTS goes to the other rivals. Is not a fair game, and you know it happens more than we like.

The problem with MOTS is the GREAT effect that have in a match. I could understand the MOTS but with less effect, not so determinated. Actually with to similar teams (and not so similars) to put a MOTS is to win the match for sure (99%, GKO random always plays).

I am preocupated too, with the GREAT effect of playing in your own stadium in league... the effect is extremly great, I think.

MOTS are a problem in all competitions, not only in WCC. The teams not playing WCC can be "damageds" with MOTS. In the final of league could be more strategic to be 2nd in your league, than first (in a disputated league), because your rivals probably focus his MOTS in the first classificate. Is it real?  :-X

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 07:07:20 PM »
 ;) I agree. Everyone doesn't suffer from MOTS. There are only a small number of teams receiving the entire load. I would bet a statistical analysis of the distribution of MOTS use across any league will show some bias against one or two teams. It's a punishment for having the better team, not a chance for other teams to close the gap. MOTS is trash. Let's put it where it belongs... in the garbage pale.
Hibury FC

Andy

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • leeds utd
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 08:42:18 PM »
;) What about the leagues that are more like the Irish Prem. In that league, Celtic dominates and everyone else just fights for second place. Let's imagine MOTS was introduced there. Every team from Hiburian to Motherwell would use it against Celtic. Celtic would end up in 6th place for sure. That isn't a good representation of reality especially when Celtic is miles above its national rivals.

Hi Drifter, I honestly believe that Celtic face a minmum of 11 MOTS every season - every team raises their game when Celtic come to visit. Its just part and parcel of being top dog - everyone wants to beat you! There is a flip side though, and there must be a number of games that top dogs like Celtic and Hibury play when the opposition cut their loses and play a weakened team to save their best players for a game they think they can win.

If I really had to choose between MOTS as it stands or no MOTs I would choose no MOTS but like Aizen, I would prefer a watered down version. We've had lots of ideas on how to water them down in this topic and in many, many previous topics but here is one more:

How about you get 22 MOTS each season but they are played per player instead of the whole team. The idea would be your motivational speach increases moral to superb for that player, for one match only and with penalties (morale could drop to okay aftwerwards or condition could go down twice as much as normal) You can then choose to play two games with your whole team motivated or 22 games with just one key player motivated etc.

The  benefits I think are:
1) morale at superb is not as powerful as current MOTS
2) the penalties and the greater choice of how to apply MOTS encourages creative decision making

Sadly, it is still open to abuse but at least the abused still has some chance of prevailing.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:49:21 PM by Andy »
leeds utd (114207)

English League: Top League - Winners s10, s11, s13, s15
Trophies: National Cup s8,s9,s10,s14,  4 minor league titles.

Aizen

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 09:06:07 PM »
Since there are people who like Mots and some people don't like it at all, the best solution should be to implement something in the middle like Andy and some other managers already suggested. It could be a severe penalty to the player; such as lower players' morale, raise chance of injury, fitness reduces by double the amount, etc...

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 09:25:55 PM »
In some games, that I he played, I remember teams withs pacts of "no agression" (no MOTS) and then his MOTS goes to the other rivals. Is not a fair game, and you know it happens more than we like.

It depends how you look at it.

In my league it happens really often, but those "deals" are not meant to harm others, when a team agrees a "no MotS deal" that team proves to be commited to a fair game, a league where every team get only the points he deserve, only a few derby matches aside, argentinian top level teams doesn't play MotS eachother, at the end of the season, only the strongest (or the smartest) get a place to place WCC next season, and that also gives them the ability to play MotS against weaker teams in WCC or national cup (a competition where a low level league usually spend his MotS) as a counter measure. Since we started those "deals", low division teams stopped winning national Cup, and our league started to improve it's ranking because we never had unworthy teams in WCC again.

It's all about your perspective against those deals. Of course, if 2 teams would agree to avoid MotS eachother, to use them against their closer rivals things would be really different, and i am strongly against it, but if those deals are to avoid unfair/undeserved results, i am glad they exist.

The problem with MOTS is the GREAT effect that have in a match.

That is a completely different story, all teams have the chance to upgrade their stadiums and get 15 league matches with that advantage, so all teams can play in similar conditions. It's all about your global strategy, some people decides to improve academy first and they get their reward (better youth), some people improve their training facilities and they get they reward (faster improvement), if you decide to improve your stadium, you get home advantage.
That is something interesting actually, because it pushes you to play each match with a different tactic, and when both teams are in similar level, wich tactic you pick to counter that home advantage can be the key in your global success. In my league, there are many teams using very good stadium, and each league usually is decided in those away matches, and i am not talking only about matches between league challengers, even a mid table team can push you to lose points if your tactic isn't right. When all teams have high level stadiums, each league match is a pandora's box, and that is really exciting  8)

It's a punishment for having the better team, not a chance for other teams to close the gap. MOTS is trash. Let's put it where it belongs... in the garbage pale.

Fully agreed  :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 01:07:20 AM by CarlosT »
My team: (95928)