Author Topic: How to score more goals in matches against weak teams?  (Read 14009 times)

Mancini

• Youth team
    • View Profile
How to score more goals in matches against weak teams?
« on: August 09, 2012, 03:52:12 AM »
In the 5th season, I always defeat the weak teams (or computer teams) with 2-0 or 3-0. However, I got a lot of 0-0 this season. Some of my friends also have these kind of problems. My performance is much better than the opponent's, as well as the possession, shots etc. Shall I change the tactics or the formation? (Now I'm using more attack, and  3-5-2) Can anyone give me some advice?

VCShanghai

• Youth team
    • View Profile
Re: How to score more goals in matches against weak teams?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 03:57:20 AM »
same thing happened to me
and after i changed to 3-4-3 , i got better results

Mancini

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 11:21:32 AM »
Sounds like a good idea

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 11:29:55 AM »
If you play against bots, use a higher strategy than "Attack" (they don't counter attack after all), send your defensive line forward and most important, choose individual orders wisely, some players are not good at finishing  :)
My team: (95928)

chuncho_

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 12:49:35 PM »
Crush with advanced tactics, and more attack
 3 forwards do not work, unless you create more opportunities for them passes
 so just take 2

Mancini

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »
Now I know the reason: I set all my forwards "try to pass". Thank you very much, CarlosT 8) I wish I can get a better result this time.

KRAGRA

• Professional team
  • [Zv�?az� ten, kto vie z��itkova? vlastn� sily !!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 12:17:44 PM »
If you play against bots, use a higher strategy than "Attack" (they don't counter attack after all), send your defensive line forward and most important, choose individual orders wisely, some players are not good at finishing  :)

In that case, I think (in addition), where team that is average in the world gokickoff, it is appropriate to set a balanced philosophy or standing, to the chance of winning? Dynamic is not set to reciprocate, since the aim is certainly beat the bot team.  :-\
  Slovakia NT Manager

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 11:13:52 AM »
What an annoying SPAM....
---- Proud Member of Portugal Top Level League ----

endlessmeans

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 05:18:05 AM »
Shots    13    
Shots on target    4    
Long shots    7    
Possession    69%    
   31%
Corners    5    
Offside    0    

Result 0-1.  >:(

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »
Shots    13    
Shots on target    4    
Long shots    7    
Possession    69%    
   31%
Corners    5    
Offside    0    

Result 0-1.  >:(

In other words, you created only 6 goal situations.
I don't know how you guys think about it, but i consider long shots a lottery that only inflates game statics...... i mean, i could use even my DCs as "Long Shots=>Often" and my "shot" stat would be higher than usual, but in the way i look at it, filling a match with long shots only creates a false domination stat.
Don't take me wrong, you clearly dominated your opponent, but you only had 4 clear goal situations. Scoring is easier when you can create goal situations without such high long shot rate....... think about it  :)

DonDom

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 09:22:03 AM »
I think it depends on the players long shot skills.

in my last game I won 5-0

I had 19 shots (9 on target), 7 from long shots
2 goals were from long shots

so I had a rate of 2 out of 7 from long shots and 3 out of 13 from normal shots. the rate is similar
the long shot goals were scored by my AMC with level 15 long shots. he's my 2nd best scorer in the team

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 09:39:29 AM »
I think it depends on the players long shot skills.

Actually, it depends on his "finding an oportunity to score" stat and his long shot skill. I score some long shots using an AML, and his long shot stat is only 8, but he's skilled to create the scoring chance, so his long shots are more efficient. And my long shot rates is never higher than 30%.

in my last game I won 5-0

I also won 5-0

Shots 14 (on goal 9)
Long shots 4

And just to add, i lead argentinian top level's scoring stats (53 goals in 18 matches), and WCC scoring stats (16 goals in 5 matches), i think they are good numbers considering that arg top level is competitive and the league is almost filled with active users, not to menction WCC.

My point is, using many long shots reduces your shots on goal rate greatly, and sometimes it doesn't represent a real domination stat. Every manager is free play as they wants, but as i said before in the thread, i choose my shots wisely and it works great for me  :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:57:12 AM by CarlosT »

fachrudin sheva

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • chelsea indonesia
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 10:19:58 AM »
In this Match
 SPIRITUAL FC VS chelsea indoneaia

Shots 1------------35
 Shots on target 1------------- 18
 Long shots 0 ----------------26
 Possession  31% --------------69%
Corners 0 ---------------10
Offside 1------------2

I Only Win 0-3  >:(

fachrudin sheva

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • chelsea indonesia
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 11:21:33 AM »
You did win quite comfortably tho.

Kenzie Ibbot and Lou Hameldon got 9+8 = 17 shot chances, while Denzel Tatham got 6. You probably chose to attack down both flanks? And im guessing Ibbot and Tatham arent very good at scoring goals of the kind they did get?

Hameldon is the only fit player actually scoring goals consistently in your team. Focus on feeding him the ball.  It also looks like Kenzie Ibbot got some skills as well, but since he didnt play many games yet, its hard to say. Historically he is not the best goalscorer.

With some luck you would have scored a couple more goals, but their goalkeeper did a remarkably good job this game.

My advice is to focus on providing chances for your best players, and the kind of chances they are most likely to score from.

Thanks You :)  This is Very helpful

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 07:14:11 PM »
In this Match
 SPIRITUAL FC VS chelsea indoneaia

Shots 1------------35
 Shots on target 1------------- 18
 Long shots 0 ----------------26
 Possession  31% --------------69%
Corners 0 ---------------10
Offside 1------------2

I Only Win 0-3  >:(

Also, 26/35 of your shots were long shots... it looks like you had long shots set to "often". I'd recommend dropping that to rarely, or at least default, and see what happens. Even if you have players that are great at long shots, I'd still keep this setting no higher than default...I think you'll find you score more goals against a weak team.
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

almalwhitton

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 03:12:28 PM »
Think as if you are still playing with the pros. Never underestimate what the opponents can do and I'm sure you can score more.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."     choose direct hot tubs

P_U2G

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 04:00:55 PM »
Good job  :) ;D 8) 8)
Post by Sekioga Beri Otaku SBO

tarrahwade

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 08:21:19 AM »
I think a good strategy can make things work. :)

djdrago

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 09:48:43 PM »
 :)

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2023, 03:58:54 PM »
audiobookkeeper cottagenet eyesvision eyesvisions factoringfee filmzones gadwall gaffertape gageboard gagrule gallduct galvanometric gangforeman gangwayplatform garbagechute gardeningleave gascautery gashbucket gasreturn gatedsweep gaugemodel gaussianfilter gearpitchdiameter geartreating generalizedanalysis generalprovisions geophysicalprobe geriatricnurse getintoaflap 
getthebounce habeascorpus habituate hackedbolt hackworker hadronicannihilation haemagglutinin hailsquall hairysphere halforderfringe halfsiblings hallofresidence haltstate handcoding handportedhead handradar handsfreetelephone hangonpart haphazardwinding hardalloyteeth hardasiron hardenedconcrete harmonicinteraction hartlaubgoose hatchholddown haveafinetime hazardousatmosphere headregulator heartofgold heatageingresistance 
heatinggas heavydutymetalcutting jacketedwall japanesecedar jibtypecrane jobabandonment jobstress jogformation jointcapsule jointsealingmaterial journallubricator juicecatcher junctionofchannels justiciablehomicide juxtapositiontwin kaposidisease keepagoodoffing keepsmthinhand kentishglory kerbweight kerrrotation keymanassurance keyserum kickplate killthefattedcalf kilowattsecond kingweakfish kinozones kleinbottle kneejoint 
knifesethouse knockonatom knowledgestate kondoferromagnet labeledgraph laborracket labourearnings labourleasing laburnumtree lacingcourse lacrimalpoint lactogenicfactor lacunarycoefficient ladletreatediron laggingload laissezaller lambdatransition laminatedmaterial lammasshoot lamphouse lancecorporal lancingdie landingdoor landmarksensor landreform landuseratio languagelaboratory largeheart lasercalibration laserlens 
laserpulse laterevent latrinesergeant layabout leadcoating leadingfirm learningcurve leaveword machinesensible magneticequator magnetotelluricfield mailinghouse majorconcern mammasdarling managerialstaff manipulatinghand manualchoke medinfobooks mp3lists nameresolution naphtheneseries narrowmouthed nationalcensus naturalfunctor navelseed neatplaster necroticcaries negativefibration neighbouringrights objectmodule 
observationballoon obstructivepatent oceanmining octupolephonon offlinesystem offsetholder olibanumresinoid onesticket packedspheres pagingterminal palatinebones palmberry papercoating paraconvexgroup parasolmonoplane parkingbrake partfamily partialmajorant quadrupleworm qualitybooster quasimoney quenchedspark quodrecuperet rabbetledge radialchaser radiationestimator railwaybridge randomcoloration rapidgrowth rattlesnakemaster 
reachthroughregion readingmagnifier rearchain recessioncone recordedassignment rectifiersubstation redemptionvalue reducingflange referenceantigen regeneratedprotein reinvestmentplan safedrilling sagprofile salestypelease samplinginterval satellitehydrology scarcecommodity scrapermat screwingunit seawaterpump secondaryblock secularclergy seismicefficiency selectivediffuser semiasphalticflux semifinishmachining spicetrade spysale stungun tacticaldiameter 
tailstockcenter tamecurve tapecorrection tappingchuck taskreasoning technicalgrade telangiectaticlipoma telescopicdamper temperateclimate temperedmeasure tenementbuilding ultramaficrock ultraviolettesting