Author Topic: Playoffs  (Read 8603 times)

SeppIbra

• Legendary Team
  • Born to win everything!
    • View Profile
Playoffs
« on: July 22, 2011, 01:10:10 PM »
In italian chat we talked about playoffs between B league teams and Top level teams.
We thought to propose playoffs between 11th-12th-13th classified in top level and 2nd classified of each B league (3).
Randomly one of these 3 top level teams will meet one of 3 B league teams (2nd classifieds) on a match and the winner will remain or will be promote to Top level league.
What do you think?

Last prizes: 
#1st in Top League (S.4)
#1st in B-1 League (S.3)
#1st in "Torneo Amistoso de Argentina" friendly tournament. (S. 2-3)

paul_gazza

• All Star Team
  • No Trip For Catz
    • View Profile
Re: Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 01:14:07 PM »
it's great!  8)

SeppIbra

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 01:14:34 PM »
In italian chat we talked about playoffs between B league teams and Top level teams.
We thought to propose playoffs between 11th-12th-13th classified in top level and 2nd classified of each B league (3).
Randomly one of these 3 top level teams will meet one of 3 B league teams (2nd classifieds) on a match and the winner will remain or will be promote to Top level league.
What do you think?

Naturally last 3 in top level will be retrocede automatically and first of each B league will be promote automatically

Last prizes: 
#1st in Top League (S.4)
#1st in B-1 League (S.3)

johnblasa

• All Star Team
  • ARTICA SPORT GORA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 01:17:19 PM »
it's great!  8)

I'm totally agree with this ... it's more then Great ... Greatest!!!
ARTICA SPORT MANAGER JB - ARTICA SPORT

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 01:38:05 PM »
It's a nice idea but why would you want it this way ?

SeppIbra

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 01:42:30 PM »
To give last chance to 11-12-13 classified to remain in Top Level  and to avoid to promote teams more weak than actually top level teams

Last prizes: 
#1st in Top League (S.4)
#1st in B-1 League (S.3)

fikosa

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 01:42:45 PM »
It's a nice idea but why would you want it this way ?

More money from another one or two matches ;). And this ensure that the best teams will play in the top league.

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
Actually its same in rl. why it shouldn't be here same?

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 03:50:13 PM »
I believe it's a great idea! It would help a lot to those active managers in leagues with more than 2 active managers to reach top divisions faster!
Should be played 2 matches, the way it's played in Argentina (first leg in lower division club's stadium, second leg in higher division's club, if both teams draw in points and Goal Average, top division club keep his position). It's a nice idea and would give to all the a chance to fight for something, give a litle extra rank points, G and player's experience!

In lower ranked leagues it would be even more successful!

* 1st and 2nd straight promotion
* 3rd, 4th and 5th promotion playoff
* 8th, 9th and 10th relegation playoff
* 11th and lower straight to lower division

It would make leagues more attractive if you ask me, unless you'd be in the lower positions you'd be playing with chances to something until the last match!

PLEASE!!!!! Add this option!  :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:55:18 PM by CarlosT »
My team: (95928)

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 07:13:29 PM »
Nah, don't need so many teams to have playoffs.only 6 teams can be demoted to lower league, and by your system 5 teams could be promoted to top league from every B league

Kola

• National Team
  • Norwegian/Global Mod
    • View Profile
    • Team ID
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 07:19:56 PM »
Decent idea. Have one or two teams go automatically up one division and 2 other teams play against two teams from the league over in play-off
Manager for: http://www.gokickoff.com/team_overviews.php
Norwegian C-1
Moderator for: Norway, Global Off Topic
Translator: Norway (Part 2 finished)

EST. season 3

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 09:24:10 PM »
Nah, don't need so many teams to have playoffs.only 6 teams can be demoted to lower league, and by your system 5 teams could be promoted to top league from every B league

That's the best way to fill upper leagues with active managers and leave lower leagues with bot/unactive managers.
If you have 5 active managers in D division and 10 in C division, the activity reward should reach to those teams even faster.

And i'm not talking because i need this benefict to get promoted, right now i'm the best team in my division, it's just a matter of fairness and make a league more entertaining, the way that things works right now you've a reward only if you're in the top 2.
Do you beleive that there'd be too many promotions? How about a mini league between 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th team to get only one promotion chance? Even in that way the league would be more entertaining.

paul_gazza

• All Star Team
  • No Trip For Catz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 09:28:15 PM »
What do you think?

it's the best idea for the moment

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 07:32:10 AM »

That's the best way to fill upper leagues with active managers and leave lower leagues with bot/unactive managers.
If you have 5 active managers in D division and 10 in C division, the activity reward should reach to those teams even faster.

And i'm not talking because i need this benefict to get promoted, right now i'm the best team in my division, it's just a matter of fairness and make a league more entertaining, the way that things works right now you've a reward only if you're in the top 2.
Do you beleive that there'd be too many promotions? How about a mini league between 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th team to get only one promotion chance? Even in that way the league would be more entertaining.

mods can't even let us play friendles after end of the season.there's  B1 2 3, so 15 teams would be able to be promoted to top league, wich means only 1 team could save its position.nuby teams should be relegated, not all

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 09:53:02 AM »
You're watchig the game only from a perspective, you're in Top Division after all...

Quote from: gabrielis
nuby teams should be relegated, not all

ARE YOU SAYING THAT LOWER DIVISIONS SHOULD BE MORE ACTIVE THAN HIGHER DIVISIONS?
Top divisions should be more active if you ask me, those handicaps that you receive should reach more people, AND we need some unactive/bot filtering, don't you think?

If you have 5 active managers in D division, the activity reward should reach to those teams even faster. It makes no sense keep a player 3 seasons in D division just because "you entered late", while some people entered once, reached higher division once their acounts got activated but never returned..... i've seen a lot of teams like that, didn't you?

mods can't even let us play friendles after end of the season.there's  B1 2 3, so 15 teams would be able to be promoted to top league, wich means only 1 team could save its position.nuby teams should be relegated, not all

In top divisions it might be a problem, but how about lower ranked divisions?
Newbies start in lower ranked divisions and need some real time to reach top divisions...... if you could allow more people to get there faster (at least to C division, where you have a minimum 12.000 attendance), won't you do it?

I agree with you, in Top Division is a problem but you could add something like this:

How about a mini league between 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th team to get only one promotion chance? Even in that way the league would be more entertaining.

With a mini league between 3rd, 4th and 5th for only one promotion chance in each division (1 team from B-1, 1 team from B-2 and 1 team from B-3) you would allow 3 more team to reach top division......

........else ....... are you happy playing against unactive/bots in top division?

Consider other options..... how about a newbie team that takes a bot team's place in the middle of a season?
It happened to me, when i begun last season i received a team placed 15th (more than 20 point less than 2nd team) i decided to keep my team and fight for a chance that couldn't get..... i finished 6th, some other new teams joined later with the same situation, of course, when they saw that they'd need at least an extra season they never returned..... right now my team and the 2nd in my division have 5 more points than the third one, with a couple of rounds extra it will be really hard that newbie team that join our league have any chances to get promoted.... if you give them a promotion chance they might be interested in keep playing, at least they'll know that, even if they cannot reach me, they can fight for something, it will make leagues more attractive, and the game needs to be more attractive to newbies, needs to give them a reason to keep playing, this sholud be a reason.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:09:17 AM by CarlosT »

SeppIbra

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 10:20:43 AM »
In my opinion so it is exaggerated. When a team is  on 7-16 position, he fight to save him and when is 1-6 he fight for the promotions. So is not needed to complicate thing. I think playoffs (as I said in first post) between top level and B league are sufficient and more simple.

Last prizes: 
#1st in Top League (S.4)
#1st in B-1 League (S.3)

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 10:42:53 AM »
I am for playoffs dont get me wrong. This is manager game, don't want it all easy and fast. In other manager games only last few (and first few) teams in group plays playoff and you want whole group to have it.

Look at the top league, if i ended 3rd and there are 15 teams from B league able to be promoted i have to play playoffs coz i want to stay in top league, isn't that crazy?

You can be demoted to lover league as easy as you were promoted and its same in every league

Sure we need playoffs but not for every single team. Make this game as realistic as it can be

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 05:26:49 AM »
The game designer thinks that it it a good idea.
But we're not sure whether we will implement this feature or not
as it is a major change with much concern.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:29:06 AM by admin »

SeppIbra

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 08:22:31 AM »
Thank you for your consideration  :)

Last prizes: 
#1st in Top League (S.4)
#1st in B-1 League (S.3)

MD - Emre Yavuz - LT

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
    • Virtonomics
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 07:22:47 AM »
promotion-relegation playoffs may be a good addition. But not for the top and B division only. it must be for all divisions. you are talking about in active and bot teams in higher divisions, it is the same issue in lower divisions.

There may be a system like this. as now, from 11th to 16th position relegated.
and 1st and 2nd team is promoting to upper division.

1st teams can directly promote and 2nd teams can be sorted by HOME standings.(like in WC Qualify in Europe). (Naming this Sort As  SortPro)
Also teams in 11th-12th-13th positioned teams will be sorted by HOME standings.  (Naming this Sort As SortRel)

Worst team from SortRel and best team from SortPro will be directly relegated and promoted.(or maybe some portion of the teams like 1/3)

After this operation done; sequentially Best team from SortPro will be assigned to worst team in SortRel.

SortRel-1
SortRel-2
SortRel-3 (relegated directly)

SortPro-1 (Promoted directly)
SortPro-2
SortPro-3

Matches can be like Cross-Match

SortRel1 - SortPro3
SortRel2 - SortPro2

Teams can play 2-legged matches and promoted-relegated teams will be defined by these matches.

Play-off issue will give a hard work to developers, but will give good reponses from players.
Team: Gilead FK
Manager: Emre YAVUZ
Establish date: 14/12/2010 (season 1)
League : B

Turkish Language Translator
Turkiye Forum Moderator
Trophy : D-27 Win, C-4 R-Up

SeppIbra

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 07:27:06 AM »
promotion-relegation playoffs may be a good addition. But not for the top and B division only. it must be for all divisions. you are talking about in active and bot teams in higher divisions, it is the same issue in lower divisions.

There may be a system like this. as now, from 11th to 16th position relegated.
and 1st and 2nd team is promoting to upper division.

1st teams can directly promote and 2nd teams can be sorted by HOME standings.(like in WC Qualify in Europe). (Naming this Sort As  SortPro)
Also teams in 11th-12th-13th positioned teams will be sorted by HOME standings.  (Naming this Sort As SortRel)

Worst team from SortRel and best team from SortPro will be directly relegated and promoted.(or maybe some portion of the teams like 1/3)

After this operation done; sequentially Best team from SortPro will be assigned to worst team in SortRel.

SortRel-1
SortRel-2
SortRel-3 (relegated directly)

SortPro-1 (Promoted directly)
SortPro-2
SortPro-3

Matches can be like Cross-Match

SortRel1 - SortPro3
SortRel2 - SortPro2

Teams can play 2-legged matches and promoted-relegated teams will be defined by these matches.

Play-off issue will give a hard work to developers, but will give good reponses from players.

It's very hard to realize! I think playoffs must be only for first 2 league because is more simple.

Last prizes: 
#1st in Top League (S.4)
#1st in B-1 League (S.3)

MD - Emre Yavuz - LT

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
    • Virtonomics
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 08:39:47 AM »
in implementation part not that hard.(as i know from my specialty in Comp.Eng.) just a recursive idea handle this issue. i don't want to use some terms from implementation part of it but it would be not difficult to do for one division or to do for all.
Team: Gilead FK
Manager: Emre YAVUZ
Establish date: 14/12/2010 (season 1)
League : B

Turkish Language Translator
Turkiye Forum Moderator
Trophy : D-27 Win, C-4 R-Up

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2023, 04:08:53 PM »
???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? 
???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? 
???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? 
???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2023, 06:59:34 PM »
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru