Author Topic: Election of National Team's Manager  (Read 11104 times)

bataraz

• National Team
    • View Profile
Election of National Team's Manager
« on: January 22, 2013, 04:08:02 PM »
Hi to everybody. I came to suggest a very good idea to eliminate NT bots and reach most competition in matches for NT. In NT bots, the players are chosen randomly and they play 4-4-2, that's why excellents DMR, DML, DMC, AML, AMR or AMC don't play in that selections. It's frustrating to see Gokickoff has over 200 nations and even 50% is managed by a real user. For example, look the group A of Qualifications to World Cup U-21: they are 8 NT bots!!!!! I suggest that: anyone can manage a NT. The reason are very simples. In countries like Aruba is very difficult to had 50 users to reach a election to NT's manager. Otherwise, other countris like Thailand, Poland, Spain, Italy, Argentina, China, Romania, etc. had so many managers able to manage a NT. The system will be in that way: In the first instance, the elections shall be held as before (only may postulate and vote the users from that country). If nobody is postulated to be DT of that selection, then the game will give another term, but may postulate any user of any country in countries that still remain bots, but may only vote users of that country.
Estudiantes de Olavarria (111776)
   Cup (Winner) Season 3
   D-24 (Runner Up) Season 4
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 4
   C-5 (Winner) Season 5
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 5
   B-3 (Winner) Season 6

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
Re: Election of National Team's Manager
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 04:16:01 PM »
That's a good idea!

excellents DMR, DML, DMC, AML, AMR or AMC don't play in that selections.

look the group A of Qualifications to World Cup U-21: they are 8 NT bots

And those are really good points  :)
My team: (95928)

Sir Vio Ferguson

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 06:39:37 PM »
the best idea ! 8)
Team: Black Boy
League : Top Level
Manager: Sir Vio Ferguson

Romania Language Assistant
Romania Forum Moderator

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 06:48:25 PM »
I agree :) it is tragic there are so many NTs without managers and so many mangers who would love to manage them...

However, wouldn't this system you propose only ensure that the one active user in a given nation becomes its NT manager(s), possibly indefinitely? Just join a tiny nation and you can become NT manger, possibly with the only vote(s)? We don't want to encourage that, imo.

Instead of voting, I would suggest that NT positions in these nations be awarded according to merit: Perhaps an average of club rating/10 and club ranking over past 2 seasons could be used to score candidates, and the highest would win the manager spot. This would prioritize managers who have played GKO for the longest, with the best managerial record, which is who the nation's FA should be hiring anyway. Voting should only be used when there are enough managers to ensure a fair election.
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

h_007bond

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 06:57:05 PM »
In NT bots, the players are chosen randomly and they play 4-4-2, that's why excellents DMR, DML, DMC, AML, AMR or AMC don't play in that selections. It's frustrating to see Gokickoff has over 200 nations and even 50% is managed by a real user. For example, look the group A of Qualifications to World Cup U-21: they are 8 NT bots!!!!!
I totally agree with you about this!!!

The system will be in that way: In the first instance, the elections shall be held as before (only may postulate and vote the users from that country). If nobody is postulated to be DT of that selection, then the game will give another term, but may postulate any user of any country in countries that still remain bots, but may only vote users of that country.
but I don't think that the solution youare proposing will resolve the problem. You are saying that If someone is in a country having a bot NT manager, he can be a candidate to be the NT manager of any other country having a bot NT manager as well! In my opinio this is absurd! as you are saying, if his NT manager is still a bot, it's because no one from this country has postulated to be the NT manager! So how do you want to find somone in this country willing to be a candidate to the NT manager election of another country!!!! ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

I don't find it logical! Maybe I misunderstood what you are proposing. If it is the case, would you please explain better your idea so we can vote for it?  :)
My team: Anfeh La Rochelle (94084)
France NT Manager seasons 7-8 and 13-14

pluto

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 06:58:53 PM »
Good idea! 8)

Golex

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
    • http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q649/Dinko_ri/nogometna_reprezentacija_manja.jpg
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 07:01:25 PM »
I suggest that: anyone can manage a NT. The reason are very simples. In countries like Aruba is very difficult to had 50 users to reach a election to NT's manager. Otherwise, other countris like Thailand, Poland, Spain, Italy, Argentina, China, Romania, etc.
Great idea, bro !!  It is time for this interesting game improves. The proposal is good and I'm not for it to be limited to a particular country. Application could be everyone manager who has some experience in this game (minimum 3-4 season).
I fear that these are good suggestions will be ignored by Admin
 ;)
My team: FC Golex (131510)
GKO MODERATOR of Croatia*****
Nickname - Golex (66825)

h_007bond

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 07:03:33 PM »
I agree :) it is tragic there are so many NTs without managers and so many mangers who would love to manage them...

However, wouldn't this system you propose only ensure that the one active user in a given nation becomes its NT manager(s), possibly indefinitely? Just join a tiny nation and you can become NT manger, possibly with the only vote(s)? We don't want to encourage that, imo.

Instead of voting, I would suggest that NT positions in these nations be awarded according to merit: Perhaps an average of club rating/10 and club ranking over past 2 seasons could be used to score candidates, and the highest would win the manager spot. This would prioritize managers who have played GKO for the longest, with the best managerial record, which is who the nation's FA should be hiring anyway. Voting should only be used when there are enough managers to ensure a fair election.
I totally agree with you brian! I think your solution is quite good.  8)
In this way all countries will haveNT managers. and in other hand, It limits the fact that some foreign managers create accounts in small countries in order to be the NT managers (only by their own vote), because in my opinion they will miuse this function in orger to ensure their own benefits.
My team: Anfeh La Rochelle (94084)
France NT Manager seasons 7-8 and 13-14

bataraz

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 07:07:10 PM »
I'm agree with you in this point. It's an excellent idea dude!  8)
   Cup (Winner) Season 3
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 4
   C-5 (Winner) Season 5
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 5
   B-3 (Winner) Season 6

bataraz

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 07:11:34 PM »
but I don't think that the solution youare proposing will resolve the problem. You are saying that If someone is in a country having a bot NT manager, he can be a candidate to be the NT manager of any other country having a bot NT manager as well! In my opinio this is absurd! as you are saying, if his NT manager is still a bot, it's because no one from this country has postulated to be the NT manager! So how do you want to find somone in this country willing to be a candidate to the NT manager election of another country!!!! ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

I don't find it logical! Maybe I misunderstood what you are proposing. If it is the case, would you please explain better your idea so we can vote for it?  :)
No, you don't understeand. I say: anyone of any country be able to manage any NT. Some countries like Thailand have so many users. Otherwise, other countries like Argelia don't have so many users. So, a user of Thailand can propose him to manage the Argelian NT. You understeand now? A user ONLY can be postulate for ONLY ONE NT
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:19:07 PM by bataraz »
   Cup (Winner) Season 3
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 4
   C-5 (Winner) Season 5
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 5
   B-3 (Winner) Season 6

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 07:27:03 PM »
...I fear that these are good suggestions will be ignored by Admin
 ;)

You may be right, but looking through developers' profit-motivated perspective, such a feature would likely be only for premium users, which would probably encourage more premium accounts and thus more money... IMO this would be a good premium feature too, since it doesn't really give managers any advantages for their club, just something else to do with the game.
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

bataraz

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 07:49:33 PM »
I think we should bring more ideas and pressure the admin to he considers this suggestion and sending it via email. Maybe, in that way once and for all the admins will listen us  :(
   Cup (Winner) Season 3
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 4
   C-5 (Winner) Season 5
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 5
   B-3 (Winner) Season 6

Littmann

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 08:06:54 PM »
I don't agree because managers will cheat. They will take National Teams to make easier job to their REAL NT. So I don't think that's good idea.
Former Bosnia and Herzegovina NT Manager

bataraz

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 08:28:38 PM »
I don't agree because managers will cheat. They will take National Teams to make easier job to their REAL NT. So I don't think that's good idea.
The cheaters ever will find a way to cheat, everybody knows that. How anyone would know the schedule of a NT? In the case it to be so as you say, who would be so stupid to want to manage a NT to lose games? perhaps that make any sense?
   Cup (Winner) Season 3
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 4
   C-5 (Winner) Season 5
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 5
   B-3 (Winner) Season 6

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 08:30:59 PM »

Do you think there aren't foreign managers behind some NTs now?
Some low populated countries have enough people to have a Nt manager, but such a low and uncompromised community that a single user can manipulate an election having a few accounts. Besides, we are talking about the chance to manage nt that doesn't have a manager and basically are weak teams anyway. It would give many advantages to other users, i have a player that doesn't play for NT because he is DMC, i'm sure many users have the same issue, am i wrong?

Finally, something must change about NT competitions, Bataraz pointed something interesting: U21 WC Qualifying groups are a mess, i just can't believe that group A is filled with 8 bot teams and other countries plays against more than one active user, it should be a seeding system to rebalance those competitions. I am managing Argentina U21 squad, for now i am leading my group and Brasil is second. But it seems so weird that USA (a squad filled with Season 6 WC champions) and Paraguay will lose the WC, while some bots will play WC. I mean, it seems a little unfair and the competition would be more attractive if we have a WC filled with user-controled squads. Not to menction that many countries will see postseason a little more interesting.
My team: (95928)

Littmann

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 08:45:04 PM »

Some low populated countries have enough people to have a Nt manager, but such a low and uncompromised community that a single user can manipulate an election having a few accounts. Besides, we are talking about the chance to manage nt that doesn't have a manager and basically are weak teams anyway. It would give many advantages to other users, i have a player that doesn't play for NT because he is DMC, i'm sure many users have the same issue, am i wrong?

Finally, something must change about NT competitions, Bataraz pointed something interesting: U21 WC Qualifying groups are a mess, i just can't believe that group A is filled with 8 bot teams and other countries plays against more than one active user, it should be a seeding system to rebalance those competitions. I am managing Argentina U21 squad, for now i am leading my group and Brasil is second. But it seems so weird that USA (a squad filled with Season 6 WC champions) and Paraguay will lose the WC, while some bots will play WC. I mean, it seems a little unfair and the competition would be more attractive if we have a WC filled with user-controled squads. Not to menction that many countries will see postseason a little more interesting.
Yeah but better option is to make seeding draw.
Former Bosnia and Herzegovina NT Manager

bataraz

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 08:58:38 PM »
The best part for the admins is the surely increase on the bought of premium accounts with that implement. If they realize this, they will surely make the implementation of this idea  :D
   Cup (Winner) Season 3
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 4
   C-5 (Winner) Season 5
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 5
   B-3 (Winner) Season 6

guricito

• National Team
  • No siempre ganan los poderosos.-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 10:46:55 PM »
That's a good idea!
LOS GURISES F.C
 ARGENTINA NATIONAL  MANAGER- Winner World Cup Temp. 4

perrito

• All Star Team
  • �c�mo sabes qu� es vivir si no has jugado f�tbol?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 11:20:14 PM »
Admin and owners what do you think bout it?  :-\
How do you know what is life about if you never played football?

bataraz

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 11:35:34 PM »
Admin and owners what do you think bout it?  :-\
I don't know yet. But, my idea is give to admin a solid propose, with the support of the majority of active users of GKO  :)
   Cup (Winner) Season 3
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 4
   C-5 (Winner) Season 5
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 5
   B-3 (Winner) Season 6

kaisser

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 01:26:26 AM »
Should be implemented urgently!

+10

bataraz

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 02:23:00 PM »
Thanks for the commentaries. We need more votes to take the attention of the admin. Please vote if you can!  :)
   Cup (Winner) Season 3
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 4
   C-5 (Winner) Season 5
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 5
   B-3 (Winner) Season 6

chuncho_

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 03:19:38 PM »
excelent

naishi4

• Professional team
  • C. REAL ARGENTINA, ARGENTINA B-1, LITTLE BASTARDS
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 01:29:16 PM »
good idea also this gonna give us more chances of make GKO more competitive

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 01:45:45 PM »

As always, i totally agree with Carlos!  8) 8) 8)
---- Proud Member of Portugal Top Level League ----