Author Topic: [Suggestion] Forward wings  (Read 15906 times)

Andres007

• Youth team
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Forward wings
« on: November 11, 2010, 12:56:27 PM »
About tactics. There is only one tactic possible. It would be easier with 3-4 tactic possibility at a time, so if my one tactic is working, i don`t have to replace with new experimental one, if you know what I mean.

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tactics
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 01:22:33 PM »
I understand what you mean. This feature is in development.
Once it is completed you can change plan after half time (but you have to set it before the match)
I mean you can set what plan to use which depends on the half-time score such as

Plan A : if your score is behind
Plan B : if your score is leading
Plan C : if the scores are equal

Something like that.

I think this is quite complicated though it is completed we have to run many tests so stay tuned for this feature.

:)

dorbi76

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 05:10:59 PM »
This feature will be very appreciated
;)
Energetycy  (19510)

L scott

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 10:03:26 PM »
Well, i know that is quite complicated but you could do it this way:

A: If you are winning by the minimun dif. e.g: 1-0, 2-1, 3-2

B: If you are winning by a goal difference greater than +2 e.g: 3-0, 3-1, 5-2

C: If the game is in a draw. e.g: 1-1, 2-2, 4-4

D: If you are losing by the minimun dif. eg: 0-1, 1-2, 2-3

E: If you are losing by a goal difference greater than 2 e.g: 0-3, 5-1, 4-2

That would be more useful to us, but btw its just a suggestion.

Thank you!.

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 03:29:34 AM »
Thanks for your suggestion. It's helpful.

Aureliano71

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 05:48:41 PM »
I noticed that there aren't players to fit the "attacking corners" positions, like Forwards Right or Left.
In my opinion this would be useful to allow the 3 attackers tactic, instead of having 3 FC, because it's a way to play very common on real football.
Do you think it could be possible to introduce this kind of players?

And another question is concerning the midfilders that are only centrals of wings, what about having players like MRC, MLC, DMRC, DMLC, AMRC, AMLC?

Thanks.

L scott

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 08:05:39 PM »
I noticed that there aren't players to fit the "attacking corners" positions, like Forwards Right or Left.
In my opinion this would be useful to allow the 3 attackers tactic, instead of having 3 FC, because it's a way to play very common on real football.

And another question is concerning the midfilders that are only centrals of wings, what about having players like MRC, MLC, DMRC, DMLC, AMRC, AMLC?

Thanks.

What? Okay, it's true that there aren't any kinds of side forwards but i cant understand what did you say about the midfielders

MvcL

• Professional team
  • "The Legacy Legend Club - Fundation 2010/11/08" #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 10:40:54 PM »
I do not think that part of the tactic as necessary, see other parts of the game in which they could invest more time.

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 12:40:29 AM »

Thanks.

Aureliano71, I don't quite understand what you mean. May be you could draw a diagram for me.
We already have AML and AMR and having FC, AML, and AMR is a 3 attackers tactic, isn't it ?
Or you could put 3 FCs, one in the middle and the others on both flanks.

And as for midfielders, not only do we have centrals of wings but we also have
ML, MR, AMC, AML, AMR, DMC, WBL, and WBR. What more positions do you need ?

By the way thanks for your opinion.

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 01:29:06 AM »
Ok I quite understand your point for forwarders.

Do you mean FC, FR, and FL ? Because we only have FC.

In this game FC=ST or else we'll have a lot of position and the game will be complicated.
For MLC do you mean midfielders who can play both ML and MC ?
If it is this case we have that already but it is not so easy to find one.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:06:12 AM by admin »

Aureliano71

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 03:29:47 AM »
Ok I quite understand your point for forwarders.

Do you mean FC, FR, and FL ? Because we only have FC.

In this game FC=ST or else we'll have a lot of position and the game will be complicated.
For MLC do you mean midfielders who can play both ML and MC ?
If it is this case we have that already but it is not so easy to find one.

Yes i meant exactly this.
AMR and AML can stay only in that position:

---------FC---------
AMR-----------AML

I was meaning something like this:

FL------FC------FR
--------------------

Now it's possible only this:
----FC-FC-FC----

The difference is important in my opinion, because if you want to create problems on opponent's defensive flanks, lateral forwards can do the job.
And this kind of players actually exist on real football when a team plays with 3 forwards.

@MvcL
You don't find interesting these suggestions, but i think the target of a management game is to become as much as possible similar to real football.
I don't find interesting the Live 3D, for example, because it requires a lot of work and a big development staff, and it will become too heavy for servers.
And you want all this for free? People work without getting money in Brazil?

I already played 5 football manager games (4 plus this one), i know what is possible to do and what is not.
This game is better than many other competitors in many things, but it has some faults compared with they and i suggest to introduce features that in competitor games are available.

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 11:32:04 AM »
OK Aureliano71, I will discuss this issue with my team.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
[Suggestion] Forward wings
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 04:28:53 AM »
Some formations allow 3 forwards, but the position of forward winger doesn't exist. My suggestion is that forwards be assigned winger proficiencies based on their stats. Some may even lose their "natural" (or better) rating as FC (replaced with FR, FL or both, FRL) because their stats would suggest they would be better placed on the wings rather than muscling in the center. This would be particularly true for players currently categorized as midfield wingers AND "FC". I guess I feel that GK is the only position that doesn't have wing players. And now I'll get off my soapbox.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 05:11:28 AM by Champione »
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

cleric

• Professional team
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Forward wings
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 05:47:15 PM »
In fact there ARE winged goalkeepers, but they aren't much successful.

Apart from that, it's a good idea to have winged forwards.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 09:01:16 PM »
Yeah, in real life, players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani, Gervinho, and Theo Walcott excel on the wings, but rarely get played in the center, with good reason. Other players, like Drogba, Van Persie or Darren Bent function much better in the center. Sill others do fine in either slot.  If all forwards are central players, it makes me wonder if the program is even designed to include crossing and wing play by anyone other than midfielders and side defenders. This, then, would seem to act as a penalty to anyone playing a formation with 3 forwards.

Roostophe

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 11:31:42 PM »
This is a good idea. It opens up a new attack play that's better than having three central forwards. You have more function on the wings so you can have more chances if you choose to play down the flanks.

I normally have two attacking midfielders on the flanks, but I would prefer to play a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3 formation. That way I won't have a gaping hole in the middle of my midfield, and equal amount of attack coming from the wings.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 06:47:18 AM »
Good point, but the general philosophy behind using a formation without a "true" center midfielder shouldn't leave a pocket of empty space anywhere. In it, the DMC acts as MC when on the attack while the AMC acts as a second striker (SS). Meanwhile, the AMC does the MC job when defending, allowing one of the central defenders to drop into a sweeper role

****This brings up another topic: the positions of Second Striker (SS) and Sweeper (SW), and their roles in the game.****

While the idea of adding L and R to the F position is very important, it would shake the Gokickoff universe to its very core. There's bound to be players whose main striker turns out to be less-than-proficient in the center position, and a few will be left without a true FC (their former FCs reclassified as FL or FR). While many will make it through relatively unscathed, most will surely be affected. There are bound to be users that get annoyed with such a change, but I think few will actually leave for good. At the same time, it would be sure to cause a surge of activity on the transfer market, which will be good for everyone, since many forwards are also proficient in other positions. Overall, I think it would be good for the game.

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 02:18:08 PM »
- FC has no penalty for proficiency when he is assigned as FL/R.
- AML has no penalty for proficiency when he is assigned as FL
- AMR  has no penalty for proficiency when he is assigned as FR.

:(

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 06:36:50 PM »
Yes, but do the FL/R positions have any effects on the game that is different from an FC? Do they increase the odds of moving the ball upfield on the flanks, or on a counter attack? Do they increase the odds of recovering the ball from an overhit cross? Do the side forwards even do any crossing? Thanks in advance! ;D

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 09:32:41 AM »
Yes, but do the FL/R positions have any effects on the game that is different from an FC? Do they increase the odds of moving the ball upfield on the flanks, or on a counter attack? Do they increase the odds of recovering the ball from an overhit cross? Do the side forwards even do any crossing? Thanks in advance! ;D

Well FL/R positition are much like AML/AMR but they have more opportunities to score points.
They tend to run with the ball or do crossing depend on what you tell them to do.
You can also set them as a target man.

Side forwards should focus on these attributes
- dribbing, crossing, passing, pace, finishing heading

perrito

• All Star Team
  • �c�mo sabes qu� es vivir si no has jugado f�tbol?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 04:33:09 PM »

This kind of things not everybody knows it it will help a lot to put them in the manual, there a lots of nice tricks that are only on forums but not all players goes to forums, anly few of them. So it will help all to put this kind of  hints on the manual  ;)
How do you know what is life about if you never played football?

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 12:10:43 AM »
 Thanks for the info :)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 04:23:19 AM »

:(
OK but I have a couple reservations:
First, this diminishes the value of a player with proficiencies as both AM (L R or C) and FC, compared with other players with multiple proficiencies.
Second, shouldn't the reverse apply equally well? That would mean either:
-all FCs can be assigned to any AM position (C, L, or R) without penalty
or
-FCs can only be assigned to the AMC position without penalty

While either of these would be an improvement, neither really seems fair.  This is why we need L and R proficiencies for forwards, IMHO.

perrito

• All Star Team
  • �c�mo sabes qu� es vivir si no has jugado f�tbol?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 06:31:00 AM »
i think in this phase of game is all right maybe in few seasons..... but right now is all right how it  is............ :-\
How do you know what is life about if you never played football?

Harper

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 08:10:05 AM »
Winged forwards shall not be difficult to add. And that's good idea, of course. It would increase tactic possibilities.
The Magpies