Author Topic: [Suggestion] Transfer windows  (Read 4409 times)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
[Suggestion] Transfer windows
« on: August 05, 2011, 11:10:18 PM »
The way I understand it, currently a team can transfer (or hypothetically, loan) players any time they want, and the player instantly appears on the new club. The way I see it, transfers should be limited to "windows" during the off-season and a brief period in the middle of the season. This does assume that all leagues' seasons happen on the same schedule. Of course, the process of bidding on players and securing transfers can still happen during the rest of the season, but players can't move to the purchasing club until the transfer window opens. Just a thought. :)
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Transfer windows
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 11:27:45 PM »
BIG oportunity to make some useful money, it's a great prize to active managers, even more than those minimum incomes from club activity (you may enter into my club's profile from my signature, look my transfer activity and you'll undesrtand).

BTW, those who buy and sell players all the time have a penalty if they use all those players to their teams, a player unnadapted to your team is a player with lacking performance..... so, if you kee your team, you'll be ok, if you find only 1 or 2 replacements, you'll be fine, if you change a whole team, you're doomed.
My team: (95928)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 03:11:21 AM »
I understand what you're saying, and I agree, mostly. Basically, I'm suggesting that transfer windows only be used to limit the times when the players can actually transfer (move themselves from one club to another). Nothing else need change. In the real world, transfer fees are usually paid when a contract is signed, which may happen long before the player actually packs up and moves.

But perhaps more importantly, such a change would put much greater emphasis on building and maintaining a decent youth team. There's nothing against promoting a youth player whenever it's advantageous. So if you or I really need a new player when the transfer window is closed, then we simply promote a youth player. It happens all the time in pro football. Of course, this may necessitate that everyone gets (and must maintain at least) a bare-bones youth team to start, or something reasonable for those of us who have been around a while. Finally, with a 4 month season and, say, a 2 week transfer window at the midpoint, the longest we'd have to go without getting totally new players would be ~7 weeks. Not too unbearable I'd like to hope.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 03:48:48 AM »
I understand what you're saying, and I agree, mostly. Basically, I'm suggesting that transfer windows only be used to limit the times when the players can actually transfer (move themselves from one club to another). Nothing else need change. In the real world, transfer fees are usually paid when a contract is signed, which may happen long before the player actually packs up and moves.

Nope, you got it wrong......

I am saying that, despite other managers, GKO unlimited transfer system is OK, because the game has so many things that makes a each player totally different and some tweaks that the game can fit for every kind of manager.

* If you don't like buy and sell players all the time, you've a decent squad, that can beat any player if you make things right, most of your players has at least CA3, decent experience but most of your players lack progression potential, you'll be fine a couple of seasons, and eventally you'll realize that something needs to change in your squad, because your players won't have anything else to offer.

* If you like to improve your squad, it's ok, you can sell those unused players and buy a couple, things will go well once your player is adaptated to your squad, it might happen in a couple of weeks or take you some months, each player is different. You might consider adaptation to the team a penalty for those to buy new players all the time, if you change half a squad you'll be doomed, everything must be slow.

* Finally, those who like to make teams from scratch, promoting youth players and making them grow. It might sound strange to you, but with a limit in transfer market promoting players would be almost impossible or take a couple of years in real life! Why do i say that? Because even if you want to make a youth team you need money, lots of money!
In previous cases it was a bit unnecessary improve your training facilities a couple of levels, because most of your generated players at the beginning doesn't have much to improve, however, youth players has quite low current ability and, in order to make them strong faster, you need to upgrade you training facilities and get better coaches, else, your youth players doesn't have any chance.
I'm not saying this without notice, look at my squad, you'll see a team based in youth players development (my squad's average age is 20.1), doing someting like this in less than 4 months would be impossible if i were allowed to buy and sell players just a couple of weeks every season, believe it or not, buying a player at low cost and sell them to get some profit is the only way this could be achieved, i believe activity in transfer market is one of the few things that can make a real difference between active managers and those who doesn't play often, if we lock transfer market..... well, i should log only once per day, make some club activity and that's all, but my team's improvement will be frozen, i'm sure of it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 03:51:54 AM by CarlosT »

Lo Zar

• National Team
  • You'll never be drunk alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 06:21:44 AM »
The way I understand it, currently a team can transfer (or hypothetically, loan) players any time they want, and the player instantly appears on the new club. The way I see it, transfers should be limited to "windows" during the off-season and a brief period in the middle of the season. This does assume that all leagues' seasons happen on the same schedule. Of course, the process of bidding on players and securing transfers can still happen during the rest of the season, but players can't move to the purchasing club until the transfer window opens. Just a thought. :)

It is a very good  idea. A touch of realism that would make this game still more interesting than the competitors, would make it much more difficult and the same time dampen the absurd phenomenon of player trading!
  My team: ALCOLIZZATI (99365)  -  Italian Forum Moderator 

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 10:25:08 AM »
Do you really believe locking transfers only into transfer windows would make the game more interesting? I don't think so......

If you feel trading players is absurd, well...... is your opinion, i respect it, but i don't share it at all.

Player trading is one of the few things that makes login more than 2 times per day worth, and is one of the few things that can mark a difference between an active user and a lazy one. If i couldn't make some profit buying and selling, well...... i'd turn myself a lazy manager, AND i'd have to improve my team in the same pace those that log once per moth does. GKO needs even more things that makes activity in the game more attractive.

Current transfer market is not real, totally agree...... however, it's a MMO game, GKO doesn't need to become Football Manager or Football Manager Live! to become more interesting, it has its own personality, and i believe it works quite well as it is.

Finally, and probably most important thing...... do you believe this "realism" touch would be something attractive to new managers? let's say you start the game at round 8 (in other words, the first quarter of a season) and your team lacks a decent keeper and a quality defender, do you believe a new user would wait 4 weeks to fix his team? He'll throw his team to trash and'll never returns! Sorry boys, but the game already have enough people that entered once, received a decen team (sometimes, better than those who entered before did) and never returned, innactive users is what GKO needs less. It's clear that you're really newbies here, an older player would remember how everybody complained at the beggining of season because fighting against innactive older managers was quite impossible.
If you'd receive a login bonus once per day (at least 15.000G per day) would be worth become a lazy manager, since it won't happen, i choose an absurd transfer market as a reward of keeping myself active here.

As i said before, if the game would have another pace, it might work (in ML, a season takes a month), but in a game that takes 4 months to complete a season would only make it booooooooring.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:42:27 AM by CarlosT »

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 06:53:36 PM »
Good point, but maybe you're highlighting a deeper flaw...teams that start mid-season. Somehow when I started, it wasn't during a season, and I assumed that's how it works for everyone. It doesn't make sense to me how or why a new player would start well into a league season. Of course, a new player is very eager to get started, so  this could be solved by having new seasons start every few weeks (or as soon as enough new players have registered) at the lowest levels. Or, a transfer window would only be applied to teams in top leagues.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 05:50:56 AM »
I know this is an old topic, but I had an idea...
 ;)

What if the transfer market worked exactly the same as now with one tiny difference: all player transfers would actually happen (move from one club roster to another) at 00:00 on the first of each month, possibly with an "open window" (with immediate transfers) during the off-season (from national cup final until the new season starts, for example)

This  feature would not only introduce this aspect of rw football to GKO, but also addresses the problem of "day trading" on the market...equivalent to a (~)30 day transfer ban I suggested in a recent forum post.
 :)
Furthermore, I think it would introduce a new and exciting dynamic to the transfer system in general. However, imo each team should probably get one (and only one) "emergency transfer" per season as part of this, to bypass the wait for "special" circumstances whatever they may be.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 01:09:04 PM »
Mostly, i like your idea, specially the 30 day transfer that you suggested before (and that i agreed back then).

Furthermore, I think it would introduce a new and exciting dynamic to the transfer system in general. However, imo each team should probably get one (and only one) "emergency transfer" per season as part of this, to bypass the wait for "special" circumstances whatever they may be.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 04:10:40 AM »

Sure, why not?
 8)
I think you misunderstood...I just meant one free emergency transfer per season

;)

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2023, 04:58:51 AM »
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2023, 03:43:11 AM »
audiobookkeeper cottagenet eyesvision eyesvisions factoringfee filmzones gadwall gaffertape gageboard gagrule gallduct galvanometric gangforeman gangwayplatform garbagechute gardeningleave gascautery gashbucket gasreturn gatedsweep gaugemodel gaussianfilter gearpitchdiameter geartreating generalizedanalysis generalprovisions geophysicalprobe geriatricnurse getintoaflap 
getthebounce habeascorpus habituate hackedbolt hackworker hadronicannihilation haemagglutinin hailsquall hairysphere halforderfringe halfsiblings hallofresidence haltstate handcoding handportedhead handradar handsfreetelephone hangonpart haphazardwinding hardalloyteeth hardasiron hardenedconcrete harmonicinteraction hartlaubgoose hatchholddown haveafinetime hazardousatmosphere headregulator heartofgold heatageingresistance 
heatinggas heavydutymetalcutting jacketedwall japanesecedar jibtypecrane jobabandonment jobstress jogformation jointcapsule jointsealingmaterial journallubricator juicecatcher junctionofchannels justiciablehomicide juxtapositiontwin kaposidisease keepagoodoffing keepsmthinhand kentishglory kerbweight kerrrotation keymanassurance keyserum kickplate killthefattedcalf kilowattsecond kingweakfish kinozones kleinbottle kneejoint 
knifesethouse knockonatom knowledgestate kondoferromagnet labeledgraph laborracket labourearnings labourleasing laburnumtree lacingcourse lacrimalpoint lactogenicfactor lacunarycoefficient ladletreatediron laggingload laissezaller lambdatransition laminatedmaterial lammasshoot lamphouse lancecorporal lancingdie landingdoor landmarksensor landreform landuseratio languagelaboratory largeheart lasercalibration laserlens 
laserpulse laterevent latrinesergeant layabout leadcoating leadingfirm learningcurve leaveword machinesensible magneticequator magnetotelluricfield mailinghouse majorconcern mammasdarling managerialstaff manipulatinghand manualchoke medinfobooks mp3lists nameresolution naphtheneseries narrowmouthed nationalcensus naturalfunctor navelseed neatplaster necroticcaries negativefibration neighbouringrights objectmodule 
observationballoon obstructivepatent oceanmining octupolephonon offlinesystem offsetholder olibanumresinoid onesticket packedspheres pagingterminal palatinebones palmberry papercoating paraconvexgroup parasolmonoplane parkingbrake partfamily partialmajorant quadrupleworm qualitybooster quasimoney quenchedspark quodrecuperet rabbetledge radialchaser radiationestimator railwaybridge randomcoloration rapidgrowth rattlesnakemaster 
reachthroughregion readingmagnifier rearchain recessioncone recordedassignment rectifiersubstation redemptionvalue reducingflange referenceantigen regeneratedprotein reinvestmentplan safedrilling sagprofile salestypelease samplinginterval satellitehydrology scarcecommodity scrapermat screwingunit seawaterpump secondaryblock secularclergy seismicefficiency selectivediffuser semiasphalticflux semifinishmachining spicetrade spysale stungun tacticaldiameter 
tailstockcenter tamecurve tapecorrection tappingchuck taskreasoning technicalgrade telangiectaticlipoma telescopicdamper temperateclimate temperedmeasure tenementbuilding ultramaficrock ultraviolettesting

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2024, 12:23:46 AM »
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru