Author Topic: [Gokickoff Update] Changes in the player transfer system (Launch date: 09/09/12)  (Read 72279 times)

paul_gazza

• All Star Team
  • No Trip For Catz
    • View Profile
this system of market is absourd

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!

1. A player will remain in the transfer market for 3 days. Team that offer the highest wage for the player, in the mean time, place the bid not less than 40% of the highest bid will get the player. (2 offers : wage + bid)

So B will get this player  :)....and If C bid 14K (40% of max bid) & bid wage 2.3K ---> of course C will be winner  ;)

With my understanding of the system and assuming each of the three bids are made, C would win the player since B's bid (10k) is less than 40% of the max bid (20k) and has the larger salary bid.

Now that I have seen the system in action, I see that in fact B would win the player since B's 10k bid is 50% (not less than 40%) of the max bid.

This is too low imo!

The biggest effect of the new transfer system, I think, will be far fewer players placed on the transfer list at low prices. Doing so is financially risky! 
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
I'm confused...even with

- Wage budget of the player room will be increased as follows

none  50,000-->50,000
Very Bad 75,000-->100,000
Bad 100,000-->150,000
Okay 150,000-->250,000
Good 200,000-->350,000
Very Good 300,000-->550,000
The Best 500,000-->800,000

how the heck did this player get to exceed his wage budget?

just for fun  :)  http://www.gokickoff.com/team_player_detail.php?player_id=5351340
GK wage 100,000G lol

If you look, Osasuna has no player room! meaning this player transfer exceeded club wage budget by double alone! This is a bug, surely...
 :-\

LieCheatNsteal

• National Team
    • View Profile
now i m starting to suffer from the ABSURD part of this new transfer system. my bids always got overturned by those teams that offer stupid wages.

Derfos

• National Team
    • View Profile
maybe the admin could do a big vote in which he would ask if the managers prefer this transfer system or the old one?
Black Star

Season 10 Runner up Top Level & Cup
Season 9 Top Level Third
Season 8 Champion Top Level
Season 7 Champion B-3  &  Cup Winner
Season 6 Champion C-5
Season 5 Champion D-13  &  Cup Winner

Littmann

• National Team
    • View Profile
maybe the admin could do a big vote in which he would ask if the managers prefer this transfer system or the old one?
Old one is bigger bullshit. My Propose is Hattrick system and I think its the most fair transfer system in whole world.

1. Every manager set Minimum Prize for his Player
2. Current Maximum Bid and the team that placed bid is visible
3. Next Bid must be higher minimum for some percent (2%,3%,4%,5%) than previous one
4. To stop "last second bid" Transfer Time-out extends for another 3 minutes if bid is placed < 3 minutes to Time-out (Time-out is 12:34:00, bid is placed at 12:33:12,than new time-out time is 12:36:12),until all give-up from bidding
5. Wage can be calculated from formula that include player rating,Experience,Age,CA,LA.

With this system we can get real auction,which is better than old one when player is placed for 500 000,then come guy place Bid to 3 000 000 to distract other players,wait until the end of auction and then set prize to 500 000 and buy player. It's stupid. One time placed bid could just change with higher one,not lower one. So admin must join to this polemic at the end,not just reading this and doing nothing.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:11:26 AM by Littmann »
Former Bosnia and Herzegovina NT Manager

skerlito

• Youth team
    • View Profile
Totally agree with Litman!!!! Like in Dugout-onlina and Hattrick should be..!!

Calin

• Professional team
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
Old one is bigger bullshit. My Propose is Hattrick system and I think its the most fair transfer system in whole world.

3. Next Bid must be higher minimum for some percent (2%,3%,4%,5%) than previous one
4. To stop "last second bid" Transfer Time-out extends for another 3 minutes if bid is placed < 3 minutes to Time-out (Time-out is 12:34:00, bid is placed at 12:33:12,than new time-out time is 12:36:12),until all give-up from bidding
5. Wage can be calculated from formula that include player rating,Experience,Age,CA,LA.

With this system we can get real auction,which is better than old one when player is placed for 500 000,then come guy place Bid to 3 000 000 to distract other players,wait until the end of auction and then set prize to 500 000 and buy player. It's stupid. One time placed bid could just change with higher one,not lower one. So admin must join to this polemic at the end,not just reading this and doing nothing.

+1
Manager of SCT Campina and Hertha Berlin

RayLei

• Youth team
    • View Profile

+1

marius.82

• National Team
    • View Profile
+ 1

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile

great idea...I propose this post (and the subsequent +1s) be moved to suggestions sub-forum and possibly add a poll...
 ;)

Igecot

• All Star Team
  • Never GIVE UP !
    • View Profile

+ 1 !!!  This is a real auction..... The system now is not a real auction! You are not allowed to place lower price then the one you did first in a real auction, and a real auction doesn't have a specific time when it end!  ;)
My Team : Coffe Shop      

kingaly

• Youth team
  • Losing is not an option
    • View Profile

I like your proposed changes. Maybe an easier option ( and less time consuming ) instead of extending the bid time, do not allow users to place a bid lower than one that they have placed, making it so you can only make your bid higher after one has been submitted.  That would stop people from bidding 3mil and then changing it to 500k at the last minute while at the same time stop the problem of auctions going on and on with people bidding at the last minute.  I think that the idea for a formula to calculate wage or even a wage cap will be an excellent idea. Some of the wages that people are agreeing to pay will only lead to bankruptcy and the lose of players. That is not good for the future health of the game.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
That would stop people from bidding 3mil and then changing it to 500k at the last minute while at the same time stop the problem of auctions going on and on with people bidding at the last minute.

Or you can let people only increase a bid, and not reduce it. Simple, efficient and serious.

Anyway, this new system is going to kill many teams... i just sold a 4/4/2 player (valued 340k), the buyer paid 240k but his wage is 4.444G, that is ridiculous! Is that hard to realize that the market is beign destroyed?
My team: (95928)

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
:-D shut up and pay them more money ;-)

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
I am paying , too. It is very difficult to quit when you put so much effort :( It is like hazard, if you are addicted you do everything to win. Hope, I know the border but I think this game fall down by self before I have to quit. Sometimes I fill like Titanic's passenger.
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

blahblah

• National Team
    • View Profile
That would stop people from bidding 3mil and then changing it to 500k at the last minute while at the same time stop the problem of auctions going on and on with people bidding at the last minute.

Or you can let people only increase a bid, and not reduce it. Simple, efficient and serious.

Anyway, this new system is going to kill many teams... i just sold a 4/4/2 player (valued 340k), the buyer paid 240k but his wage is 4.444G, that is ridiculous! Is that hard to realize that the market is beign destroyed?

Just like the 15 year old Keeper, I looked at, with an average wage of over 2k. I dread to think how high the highest was. The forward I bought (only bid I think) is on a ridiculous 1,333 a week.

kingaly

• Youth team
  • Losing is not an option
    • View Profile

2. A free agent is a player who is eligible to sign with any club. To get a free agent your team has to offer the highest wage for the player. (The player transfer value is 40 times the offered wage)

Does anyone think that this will be a horrible idea for when the free agent sales begin. I haven't been around for one and have heard they are quite the mad house but with this system in place it seems like a time where alot of managers will move outside of their means.  If transfer fee is calculated solely off wage the results could end up disastrous.  I believe the admin were trying to make the market a bit more reachable for managers with smaller budgets but I think this will have the opposite effect.

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
I think we should have a topic where we could post players ids and etc. to get an advice how much to pay or to ask for certain player. If i want to buy/sell a player for a 1 mln i prefer asking first if he is worth it and i wont be punished for that. Plus, dont you think we have too many sticky post on the ,general category, ? some of them could be easily merged or so.

perrito

• All Star Team
  • �c�mo sabes qu� es vivir si no has jugado f�tbol?
    • View Profile
Great idea Gabrielis  8)
How do you know what is life about if you never played football?

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
After about 1/3 of a season with this new transfer system, I have mixed feelings about it.

First, I want to say that I LIKE changes made to how much teams get for recent transfers. Day trading has been curtailed noticeably.
 8)
However, the rate of increase seems WAY too slow. IMO it should reach 50% after 30 days and the maximum after 70-75 days (half a season).

While the new wage bidding feature is interesting, it does nothing to address the headaches of last moment bidding with a round-the-clock global bidding system. We shouldn't have to be logged in during the last 10 minutes of bidding just to have a chance of getting a player
 >:(

I think the simplest solution would be to keep transfer deadline times (hour, minute, and second) hidden (and possibly randomized) so that no one knows exactly when the transfer period will close for a player, just the date. That way, most of the bids will be made the day before based more on what is expected rather than information available during the last minutes/seconds of the transfer period.

Also, the threshold level at which Wage bidding kicks in should be more dynamic. While the existing system where the highest wage gets the player makes sense for a player moving from clubs at the same league level, surely the chance for a player to move from a low level to a high level would mean that salary might not matter so much. I would suggest that the threshold level for wage bidding to depend on the league levels of each club in the transfer:
-40% if the transfer would result in a drop of two levels or more
-45% if the transfer results in a drop of 1 level (*this is current level for all transfers*)
-50% if the transfer results in no change in level
-55% if the transfer involves increasing level by 1
-60% if the transfer results in an increase or 2 or more levels 
This would work by displaying highest transfer bid rather than avg bid. No need to disguise it when it's the wage bidding that matters.

Thus, to win a player whose high bid is 300,000 the minimum transfer bid that would win the player would be:
minus 2 or more levels 750,000
minus 1 level 666,667
no change 600,000
plus 1 level 545,455
plus 2 or more levels 500,000

The idea is that while it takes a big salary to lure a player away from a high level to a lower one, a reasonable transfer fee will almost always see the player move up 2 or more levels. While the quarter-million difference between 750,000 and 500,000 might seem like a lot, it translates to a mere 2,941 difference in weekly salary over 5 years, a gap that is not uncommon in bidding I have already seen with the new system.

Good idea Gabriellis  :) we need some guidance on player transfer fees if a serious penalty might be involved
 ;D

Diartt

• National Team
    • View Profile
This system has just one mistake i think .1. You will receive 35% of the transfer value when selling a newly bought player or newly promoted player. The longer the length that he stay with the team, the lower the transfer fee. You receive at most 80% of the transfer value if he stay in your team long enough[/size]
It is ok 35% but this  % must increase faster not like 1 % per week , this is absurd . Nowadays i can only buy players not to sell them , im saying  that we shouldn't sell a player immediately but after a season maybe . This must  be at min 4-5 % per week .
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:08:17 AM by Diartt »
TEAM  : FC Derguti
Albanian Forum Moderator

Ravachol

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
This is really far too long for players to increase the % of G for transferts...Players i own for 3 month are still at 44%...so i'll have to keep them for how many seasons before i can sell them without losing money ?

I did hope the new season would have change that, or at last get a bonus, but nope..... :o

blahblah

• National Team
    • View Profile
This is plain stupid.

I have prometed my Youths, and now need a mad spreadsheet to work out who I can sell - if I could be bothered working out how long I have had a player and how my percentage drops over time. I may as well just sack players that aren't good enough for my Squad.

ermejo

• Youth team
    • View Profile
?

40% only from newly promoted youths?