Author Topic: [Suggestion]National team matches in club stadiums  (Read 4604 times)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
[Suggestion]National team matches in club stadiums
« on: April 24, 2012, 05:48:02 AM »
A couple of thoughts I had:
1. Instead of happening in some fictitious National Stadium, stage NT matches at the home nation's greatest (capacity x quality level) stadium, giving some of the ticket revenue to stadium owner. Of course, qualification matches would get higher ticket prices than friendlies.

2. Allow individual nations to host World Cups: Host should be the eligible nation with the 16 greatest (capacity x quality level) stadiums. To prevent repetition, rotate the host nation among FIFA confederations, so any one nation could only host a particular World Cup no more than twice every 6 GKO seasons. Again, some revenue should go to stadium owners.

;D
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion]National team matches in club stadiums
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 05:57:24 AM »
1. Don't agree. Why someone can earn money from NT games?
2. Dont' agrre.  either. The same  reason.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:03:32 AM by Ruta »
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

SoLid_frOg

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:59:00 AM »
Don't agree. It will create more imbalance in the game.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 09:09:57 AM »
1 - Without Chairman mode, i don't agree. MAtch income should be to the FA, no club should receive money from FA.
2 - Not a bad idea, but again, we need chairman mode before that.
My team: (95928)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 11:42:33 AM »
oooh, chairman mode....I wonder if/when this will ever come to fruition...

1. Don't agree. Why someone can earn money from NT games?
2. Dont' agrre.  either. The same  reason.

That's the way it generally works in the rw:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_stadium

look for yourself, most "national stadiums" are also home field for one or more clubs.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:18:59 PM by buncombe »

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 02:12:06 AM »
What if game engine randomly assigned International matches to one of each nation's 5-10 largest stadiums, at least for friendlies and qualification matches. Give club 50% of ticket sales with ticket prices ~75% of for league matches...not from the FA, but split with them.

With only 26 such matches per 2 seasons, nations will only have 13 (on average) home games in this time, or 6-7 per season (highly variable, USA has 3 this season). Depending on the number of stadiums included in the "pot", a club would only host 1-3 matches per 2 seasons...
 ;)

Anyway, I think game developers might like this idea because it provides an incentive to build larger stadiums. It's a competition for national recognition! While one might argue that it would disproportionately benefit "big" clubs, the fact is that the 8 biggest stadiums in GKO are all teams who are NOT in their respective Top Level. In my country, 2 of the 5 largest stadiums are currently B-level clubs, and none are league or cup contenders. Meanwhile, the highest league represented by Thailand's 5 biggest stadiums is D level...

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 10:14:58 PM »
I like the idea. 
Hibury FC

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 11:03:56 PM »
I agree with 1st and 2nd point, but without giving money to the stadium owners.
Nombre del club : Sopelana C.F. (50354)

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 11:06:57 PM »
I agree with 1st and 2nd point, but without giving money to the stadium owners.

That's the most improtant thing......

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 01:35:01 AM »
it's not that important to me, but wouldn't that remove a big part of the incentive to build bigger stadiums? part of the "return on investment"?
 :-\

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 01:39:31 AM »
part of the "return on investment"?
 :-\

League income is not enough to you? Not to menction that a team with a big stadium probably plays WCC too.

Sorry Brian, but i am against easy money to bigger clubs.... even if this change would help me! In less than 2 weeks, my stadium will be the bigger and the higher quality between argentinian teams.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 03:54:32 AM »
Well I guess it depends on the nation. In some big GKO nations like England, Brazil, Thailand, Spain, the majority of the 10 biggest stadiums are not top level clubs. In others, like Germany or Argentina, they are, sure, but I really couldn't find a nation (with more than one level) whose 10 biggest stadiums are all owned by top level clubs. But still, I agree with you.

**edit**

However, I did notice that you seemed to be feeling that incomes from facilities should probably change to reflect increased player wages...yet admin rebuffed the idea:
Incomes are going to change? Recent events proved that wages inflaction came to stay.
-> According to http://forum.gokickoff.com/index.php?topic=6293.0 we have change the wages of the players along with the new transfer system.
"Unhappy" is the effect when the new season begins. Wages are adjust to make the game more realistic and exciting. You will soon get used to it.
Incomes are not going to change. Main income should come from tickets.

this might offer you (and presumably others in a similar situation) a new (if minor) income source...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:25:17 AM by Brian Clough »

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 06:34:35 AM »
Brian , stop, please. Why someone should be given a lot of money and someone not?  It is fair like now. Simple.
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 09:33:14 AM »
However, I did notice that you seemed to be feeling that incomes from facilities should probably change to reflect increased player wages...yet admin rebuffed the idea:
Incomes are going to change? Recent events proved that wages inflaction came to stay.
-> According to http://forum.gokickoff.com/index.php?topic=6293.0 we have change the wages of the players along with the new transfer system.
"Unhappy" is the effect when the new season begins. Wages are adjust to make the game more realistic and exciting. You will soon get used to it.
Incomes are not going to change. Main income should come from tickets.

this might offer you (and presumably others in a similar situation) a new (if minor) income source...

Actually yes, i believe we should have more income resources, i have lost 95.312G this week and honestly i don't know what else should i do to rebalance my club's finances.
However, as Ruta pointed, if we could receive money from NT, i might receive a money that others don't, i don't think it's fair... i mean, everybody can upgrade their hotel/megastore/bar, increasing their incomes should grant fresh money to every GKO team, not just to one of the strongest.

DeGlen

• Professional team
  • Rsc Arsenal - NT manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 03:11:15 PM »
I also don't think that a team who hosts a NT-game should receive money for it. But I do think that NT-games should be played into a stadium that belongs to a club. I would love it if our NT would play its homegames in my stadium! Not for the money, but just for the honor :)..

It's ofcourse just a detail, but it just looks stupid.. I mean, on this moment Belgian NT and the U-21 NT are playing home in the Belgium Stadium! :p.. It just looks stupid.. What makes it even more stupid is that the weather conditions are different :p..
6x Champions of Belgium
18x Belgium Cup-finalist: 9x Winner, 9x Runner-up
Quarter-finalist WCL Season 4
Semi-finalist WCL Season 5
Round of 16 WCL Season 11
Former NT-manager and U21-Manager Belgium

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
sorry, it just sounded fun - providing some revenue just seemed like a good incentive - but the national honor would probably be more than enough
 ;)

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2023, 01:35:19 AM »
audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2023, 06:01:55 AM »
audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2023, 11:52:30 PM »
audiobookkeeper cottagenet eyesvision eyesvisions factoringfee filmzones gadwall gaffertape gageboard gagrule gallduct galvanometric gangforeman gangwayplatform garbagechute gardeningleave gascautery gashbucket gasreturn gatedsweep gaugemodel gaussianfilter gearpitchdiameter geartreating generalizedanalysis generalprovisions geophysicalprobe geriatricnurse getintoaflap 
getthebounce habeascorpus habituate hackedbolt hackworker hadronicannihilation haemagglutinin hailsquall hairysphere halforderfringe halfsiblings hallofresidence haltstate handcoding handportedhead handradar handsfreetelephone hangonpart haphazardwinding hardalloyteeth hardasiron hardenedconcrete harmonicinteraction hartlaubgoose hatchholddown haveafinetime hazardousatmosphere headregulator heartofgold heatageingresistance 
heatinggas heavydutymetalcutting jacketedwall japanesecedar jibtypecrane jobabandonment jobstress jogformation jointcapsule jointsealingmaterial journallubricator juicecatcher junctionofchannels justiciablehomicide juxtapositiontwin kaposidisease keepagoodoffing keepsmthinhand kentishglory kerbweight kerrrotation keymanassurance keyserum kickplate killthefattedcalf kilowattsecond kingweakfish kinozones kleinbottle kneejoint 
knifesethouse knockonatom knowledgestate kondoferromagnet labeledgraph laborracket labourearnings labourleasing laburnumtree lacingcourse lacrimalpoint lactogenicfactor lacunarycoefficient ladletreatediron laggingload laissezaller lambdatransition laminatedmaterial lammasshoot lamphouse lancecorporal lancingdie landingdoor landmarksensor landreform landuseratio languagelaboratory largeheart lasercalibration laserlens 
laserpulse laterevent latrinesergeant layabout leadcoating leadingfirm learningcurve leaveword machinesensible magneticequator magnetotelluricfield mailinghouse majorconcern mammasdarling managerialstaff manipulatinghand manualchoke medinfobooks mp3lists nameresolution naphtheneseries narrowmouthed nationalcensus naturalfunctor navelseed neatplaster necroticcaries negativefibration neighbouringrights objectmodule 
observationballoon obstructivepatent oceanmining octupolephonon offlinesystem offsetholder olibanumresinoid onesticket packedspheres pagingterminal palatinebones palmberry papercoating paraconvexgroup parasolmonoplane parkingbrake partfamily partialmajorant quadrupleworm qualitybooster quasimoney quenchedspark quodrecuperet rabbetledge radialchaser radiationestimator railwaybridge randomcoloration rapidgrowth rattlesnakemaster 
reachthroughregion readingmagnifier rearchain recessioncone recordedassignment rectifiersubstation redemptionvalue reducingflange referenceantigen regeneratedprotein reinvestmentplan safedrilling sagprofile salestypelease samplinginterval satellitehydrology scarcecommodity scrapermat screwingunit seawaterpump secondaryblock secularclergy seismicefficiency selectivediffuser semiasphalticflux semifinishmachining spicetrade spysale stungun tacticaldiameter 
tailstockcenter tamecurve tapecorrection tappingchuck taskreasoning technicalgrade telangiectaticlipoma telescopicdamper temperateclimate temperedmeasure tenementbuilding ultramaficrock ultraviolettesting