Author Topic: Admin, we NEED positional training  (Read 8650 times)

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
Admin, we NEED positional training
« on: March 10, 2012, 09:21:55 AM »
Admin, i know it has been suggested a lot of times, but this season i believe that positional training is a must have.
The chance to reduce our team's strenght (because injuries) has increased, in real life, is very common that managers make their players play outside their natural position, and some of them eventually becomes natural there, playing even better than his previous position.

Now, don't you think it's time to give us some chances to make our squads more flexible? Please, let us do positional training! Thanks in advice!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:27:41 AM by CarlosT »
My team: (95928)

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
Re: Admin, we NEED positional training
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 09:50:38 AM »
Mmmm let a player learn to play in a different position than his natural? Let's say that you become an AMR into a MR too.

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 10:17:12 AM »
Mmmm let a player learn to play in a different position than his natural? Let's say that you become an AMR into a MR too.

i think i saw somewhere that it will be able only to premium users

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 10:50:11 AM »
I have another thing for positional training. I have a youngster http://www.gokickoff.com/team_player_detail.php?player_id=4054909 he is 18 y DML with 5/8/3 ability and he is the best youth player in Belarus http://www.gokickoff.com/prem_game_stat.php?txt_nat=19&txt_type=2&txt_age=&txt_pos=

He won't play in national team ever, because he is a DML only and NT plays default 442 without DML/R, AML/R or A/DMC !!!
If he can change position he will play in NT
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:52:11 AM by Ruta »
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 10:56:31 AM »

i thought you can change a player's position if you train a different skill. and i thought that a player is an AMR and not an MR because the skills he has developed, not because that's what it was decided when he was pulled... where can i find more info on this? is there anything written by admin on the forum?

you can set player in any position you want, but his performance wont be as good as in his natural position. if player has better skills for amr than mr, but mr is his natural position he will lose some % of performance when playing as amr

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 11:00:19 AM »

He won't play in national team ever, becouse he is a DML only and NT plays default 442 without DML/R, AML/R or A/DMC !!!
If he can change position he will play in NT

i noticed the exact same thing, i saw the best player in another U21 team (by far the best!) not playing because of this. but i thought that things can change if the player is being train in the right skill. this is strange.

He has skills for DL and is developing for DL. I use him in this position all the time. I just accept penalty of inproper position cause he has great potencial and ability.
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

el pepe

• Youth team
  • Hay algo que tu equipo no tiene.....sentimiento!!!
    • View Profile
    • Real avellaneda
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 04:59:31 PM »
Admin, i know it has been suggested a lot of times, but this season i believe that positional training is a must have.
The chance to reduce our team's strenght (because injuries) has increased, in real life, is very common that managers make their players play outside their natural position, and some of them eventually becomes natural there, playing even better than his previous position.

Now, don't you think it's time to give us some chances to make our squads more flexible? Please, let us do positional training! Thanks in advice!

Very needed Carlos.  8)
El pepe
                 real avellaneda

Champion of C-7 leguage

Sub champion leguage D-13

My team:http://www.gokickoff.com/team_overviews.php?club_id=96939

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 08:14:22 AM »
We're developing this feature.

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 08:44:18 AM »

to premium users or everyone?

fairly

• Professional team
  • ?? ? ??? ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 01:42:30 PM »
please to everyone admin :D

endlessmeans

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »
Aside from it  becoming a training course, wouldn't it be more realistic that a player has a hidden adaptability trait, and the higher it is, the faster he'll get a position just from playing in that position? So if you play a AMR in the MR position, if his adaptability is high, every game he plays in that position will start adapting him into becoming a MR, as well as also still keeping his AMR position knowledge. Like Cristiano Ronaldo can play AMR, AML, as a striker, etc, players in here should be able to learn different positions just from playing in that position I think. ;)

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 08:24:08 AM »

Admin, i'm really glad to read this, thanks a lot!

berkan

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 08:34:31 PM »

I think we need to train a player in another position, and I think it is very possible, because there are players who for example has defined its natural position as FC (green ball), but can play AMR also as unconvincing position (yellow ball .) Could not have an option to change this position to a natural position as well.  ;)
My Team: Olimpia (18959)
Paraguay Forum Moderator
Top Level Winner (13)
Cup Winner (6)

marctiello

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 11:10:24 PM »

i think i saw somewhere that it will be able only to premium users

You was joking  :'(
---- Proud Member of Portugal Top Level League ----

princessq

• Professional team
    • View Profile
Could player been trained to new position In GKO world?
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 05:28:59 AM »
I have a DMR player? while I think his attributions was more suitable for DMC position.
Could i train him to DMC?
I have asked in the chat room, while i got a "no". But i want to find out an official source for this question.

Team: Rossi
12    B-2   ?
11   C-8   #1          7   C-8   #4
10   C-8   #7          6   D-2   #1
  9   C-8   #6          5   D-2   #4
  8   C-8   #3          4   D-2   #6

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
Re: Could player been trained to new position In GKO world?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 05:50:10 AM »
You will receive another "no" here  :P

It has been asked more than a year ago, admin said it was in development, but we didn't have any news since then: http://forum.gokickoff.com/index.php?topic=5030

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
Re: Could player been trained to new position In GKO world?
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 05:58:05 AM »
 ;) I have never been convinced that you can't use players of one position in another position if their ability is high enough. You will lose ability for playing the player in that position. If you think that the after the loss of ability, he can still play that position, go for it. The Bot subs in players that don't have the position all the time if their isn't a suitable player on your team for that position. It isn't the ideal situation, but sometimes you need to get creative for the win.
Hibury FC

spamrulez

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 07:33:31 PM »
I think that position should be simply a suggestion and not an imposition.

In that game you have a such varieties of skills and you should know the position you want to use for your players.

I dislike the malus question for using the player outside the position it should be.
Spam Rulez manager of Astronomy Domine
an italian team since season 1

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 12:11:35 AM »
tbf, with enough experience and talent, some players can do well in any position, particularly midfielders. I have two such midfielders (one CA6 the other CA8) with very good experience. While they are level 62 and 70 in their natural positions, they are rated at least level 52 and 57, respectively, in all other positions (except GK). For example...here are the positional ratings of the CA6 (MR):

At worst, this player's level is only about 13% lower than his natural one at any position! In other words, experience works a bit like positional training already. Of course, in the above example, I still think my player is rated a bit low in one or two positions, especially DMR. After all, it seems logical that a "natural" MR would probably work better as a right wingback than as a fullback, for example.

So, if this kind of feature ever does get developed, I think it should look something like this:

1) Positional training options should be limited to other positions in a horizontal or vertical formation "line" with their natural one(s) unless they were given a proficiency to start. For example, I could only train my natural MR as right winger (AMR, DMR, or DR) or midfielder (ML or MC), but not other positions UNLESS he already had a proficiency in another position. Of course, a player with multiple natural positions would have more options.
2) Positional proficiency from training should never exceed "accomplished". No amount of training should provide the "natural" proficiency in a new position. Also, positional training should stop once a player reaches age 30, when skills begin to decline.
3) The rate of increase in a player's proficiency in a position from training should be very slow, around that of experience gain. A rate of one proficiency level gain per 1-2 experience stars seems fair to me, although positional training would continue even after a player reaches the max experience level, provided he is still under 30.

Until then, my biggest problem is with how playing these players out of position results in significant drops in their setpiece abilities. Playing out of position would affect many aspects of a player's performance, but not setpieces (free kicks, penalties, and corners) imho.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:21:58 PM by Brian Clough »
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2024, 02:09:38 PM »
audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting