Author Topic: [Poll] Alternative competions: Youth league or B team?  (Read 4666 times)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
[Poll] Alternative competions: Youth league or B team?
« on: January 21, 2012, 03:32:55 AM »
Current voting in the recent poll "If you could change 2 things in the game, what would they be? " has choice 4 - "Competitions involving youth players (league, cup or B team in main league)" in first place, just ahead of "Delete unactive teams, and promote active players to higher levels" and well ahead of any others. While not yet closed, voting in this poll has died down heavily in the past week, so I think it is not too early to invite opinions and discussion of what kind of alternative competition people want. While admin has responded to calls for a youth league in the forums, the idea of a B-squad is fairly new here...though it was received quite positively in a recent thread. Here is a summary of both as they have so far been envisioned:

Youth League                                               B squad
Cost of entry                            Very low or nothing                                    High: 1-2M G for a new stadium
Ticket price                              1 G/seat (= friendly match)                        Half of regular price*
Attendance                              equivalent to friendly                                  Normal attendance (rating/level)
Minimum team size(combined)**         17(40)                                             23 (46)
Additional staff/facilities                        None?                                            Up to 5 more coaches, player room?
Changing team rosters              Possible each week between matches?         Only between seasons***
Matches/week                          1-2 depending on league size                      2-3: 2 league + up to 1 friendly
Condition/training effects         Between that of friendly & cup match                 Equal to league match
Cup                                          Possible (youth cup...prize?)                                       NO
Age requirements                       Yes: U19, U21, or U23?                                             NO
League prizes                          Equal to "level 7 or below" (100,000 max)     Half of regular league prize
Other conditions                           No promotion/relegation                          Cannot surpass/compete w/parent
Potential issues                 Min. 8 teams required (small nations?)                 B teams filling mid-level spots
                                                                                                                 Profitability

* It had been suggested to charge B teams ~50,000 G/week to make these teams less profitable; this essentially does the same thing
**Assumes a requirement that main squad has at least 23 players separate from youth or B team
***Possibly with the option for 1 or 2 "emergency transfers" per season...that probably would cost something, too

So please let us all know what you'd like to see the most. When you consider your choice, understand there is next to no chance that either of these options could be implemented before season 6, plenty of time to build a large enough squad. This poll will run for 15 days, ending the day after the final league match. You can change your vote during this time if you want...the results won't be shown until after the voting period has ended.
 ;D

edit: formatted text to fit in table
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 06:18:59 PM by Champione »
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
Re: [Poll] Alternative competions: Youth league or B team?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 03:42:31 AM »
The B team idea like me a lot.... but i'm not prepared to have 2 squads, so i picked U-21 Youth league.

It might be a great place to start if you're U-21 NT manager  8)
My team: (95928)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 04:29:43 AM »
The B team idea like me a lot.... but i'm not prepared to have 2 squads, so i picked U-21 Youth league.

It might be a great place to start if you're U-21 NT manager  8)

lol
First, I highly doubt that either idea is going to be implemented as soon as next season. Too few clubs would be able to field a 17 man youth squad, let alone a B team squad, in that amount of time. I think a more realistic time frame would be season 6. Would that make any difference?

Besides...won't you virtually need 2 squads to field a Youth Team (YT), too? I mean @ 2-3 matches/week (probably happening on days between league matches) you won't be able to play your 11-14 YT players in league competition without penalty from low condition...with a B squad the youth players

-[DekLaos]-Savanh

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:24:57 AM »
Youth League (U-21)  8) 8) 8)

panjcof

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 11:42:49 AM »
I voted for U-21 league  ;)
i think it is the best option  8)

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 11:48:21 AM »
First, I highly doubt that either idea is going to be implemented as soon as next season. Too few clubs would be able to field a 17 man youth squad, let alone a B team squad, in that amount of time. I think a more realistic time frame would be season 6. Would that make any difference?

Besides...won't you virtually need 2 squads to field a Youth Team (YT), too? I mean @ 2-3 matches/week (probably happening on days between league matches) you won't be able to play your 11-14 YT players in league competition without penalty from low condition...with a B squad the youth players

There's a difference, having 15 youth players would be far less expensive than having a B squad competitive in lower division. Purchase low quality players to fill a squad until you have talented players to replace them would be easier than purchase players that can play in a C or D leven in a great shape. Maintenance fees should be lower too!
A league filled with youngsters should have a lower level than C or D division from any country after all.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:44:45 PM by CarlosT »
My team: (95928)

Archiebald387

• Professional team
  • World class manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 04:52:08 PM »
And the most important question is which training bonus from a match is receiving from B team and Youth Team. If B team is like other league matches (8 times the number of progress rate star.) and Youth team like friendly (4 times the number of progress rate star.), then I choose B team. But if training bonus is same for both B team and Youth team, then I choose Youth team
Cartoons C.F. manager

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 05:59:25 PM »
I don't see how a youth league can offer the same training bonus as regular league. That said, the training bonus from friendly matches may be a little low, unless youth league is U19. It probably should work something like this:

Age limit                   Training Bonus
League (B team)         8X the number of progress rate star (equivalent to reg. league matches)
U23                           6X the number of progress rate star (equivalent to cup matches)
U21                           5X the number of progress rate star (no current equivalent)
U19                           4X the number of progress rate star (equivalent to friendly match)

So a U21 youth league would get 25% more training bonus than friendly, but 38% less than league

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 09:03:15 AM »
I don't see how a youth league can offer the same training bonus as regular league. That said, the training bonus from friendly matches may be a little low, unless youth league is U19. It probably should work something like this:

League (B team)         8X the number of progress rate star (equivalent to reg. league matches)
U23                           6X the number of progress rate star (equivalent to cup matches)
U21                           5X the number of progress rate star (no current equivalent)
U19                           4X the number of progress rate star (equivalent to friendly match)

So a U21 youth league would get 25% more training bonus than friendly, but 38% less than league

its only your numbers. it doesn't mean it will be like this. whole b squad idea came from wish to have youth vs youth matches. If we will have b squad i do believe that managers will come back to idea youth vs youth and again will ask for another league becouse they don't want their youths to play vs old players

Jeffrey

• Youth team
  • I'm sexy and I know it
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 02:22:04 PM »
Under 23 :o
I don't have enough youth player >:(

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 06:20:18 PM »

its only your numbers. it doesn't mean it will be like this. whole b squad idea came from wish to have youth vs youth matches. If we will have b squad i do believe that managers will come back to idea youth vs youth and again will ask for another league becouse they don't want their youths to play vs old players

Yes these numbers are mine, but they seem fairly reasonable. I wonder if the popular aim of having an alternative competition is to play youth vs youth (better for morale?) or to get experience for their youth players (better for training progress). I personally like the B team option because it would also be a good place for aging players, who also tend to come at a low price.

Personally, this season alone I have sold at least 10 players who would've had a place on 2nd squad...but no more than half of them were young enough to play on a youth squad.

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 09:10:14 PM »

Yes these numbers are mine, but they seem fairly reasonable. I wonder if the popular aim of having an alternative competition is to play youth vs youth (better for morale?) or to get experience for their youth players (better for training progress). I personally like the B team option because it would also be a good place for aging players, who also tend to come at a low price.

Personally, this season alone I have sold at least 10 players who would've had a place on 2nd squad...but no more than half of them were young enough to play on a youth squad.

yeah, but whole thing was that ppl wanted to have youth vs youth games. B squad indeed is good idea, but managers will continue asking for youth league for sure coz b squad will have adult players. So create youth league, wich is popular with other football managers, and developers wont have extra job in creating b squad stuff and youth league later

Ewy

• Professional team
  • Siln?j�� pes mrd�
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 07:02:33 PM »
8 teams in Youth league? Impossible (most countries)... I suggest create International Youth leagues (by registration)  :-\
My team: AFK Pe?ky (29543)

johnblasa

• All Star Team
  • ARTICA SPORT GORA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 11:55:44 PM »
I vote for U21 youth league, there's not in  list but the better will be U20 Youth League, but also U21 is OK...Better then B-Team...JB
ARTICA SPORT MANAGER JB - ARTICA SPORT

Ewy

• Professional team
  • Siln?j�� pes mrd�
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 08:30:35 AM »
Better than Youth league is a lowest league with U-21 teams instead of Bot teams (no promotion/relegation for U-21 teams)...
My team: AFK Pe?ky (29543)

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 08:35:22 AM »
Better than Youth league is a lowest league with U-21 teams instead of Bot teams (no promotion/relegation for U-21 teams)...

so if they get to F league, new managers from G league wont be able to promote.

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2023, 06:54:46 AM »
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2023, 10:51:11 AM »
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2023, 10:12:50 AM »
???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? 
???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? 
???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? 
???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2024, 04:23:46 AM »