Author Topic: What do you think about MotS?  (Read 19948 times)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
Re: What do you think about MotS?
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2012, 03:26:19 PM »
Well, wouldn't skills be improved if ENV penalties were reduced/removed?

My most recent foe that played a MotS against me had his regular right back (DR) injured with only a young low quality substitute. Accordingly, I directed my team to focus my attack there. My opponent played a decent quality DML in that position who is not proficient at all as a DR, yet this player ended up winning Man of the Match! The only way I can see this happening is if the MotS actually removed the proficiency penalty that otherwise would have been incurred.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 05:50:37 PM by Champione »
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Littmann

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2012, 04:59:57 PM »
People MOTS should stay. You should have some kind of extra motivation for some matches.
2 Mots per season is not that much,so I think it should stay.Why not?
Former Bosnia and Herzegovina NT Manager

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »
Okay, today i played against my follower in league, he used mots... what's the big deal with them?

http://www.gokickoff.com/team_match_detail.php?match_id=1937008&stats=1

His AAoP were higher, but if you do things right tactically, a team using mots can be defeated.
My team: (95928)

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2012, 11:39:44 PM »
Quality of your stadium also equalizing strenght of teams. I had same in this game : http://www.gokickoff.com/team_match_detail.php?match_id=2060839
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:55:05 PM by Ruta »
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2012, 11:52:41 PM »
Okay, today i played against my follower in league, he used mots... what's the big deal with them?

http://www.gokickoff.com/team_match_detail.php?match_id=1937008&stats=1

His AAoP were higher, but if you do things right tactically, a team using mots can be defeated.

...sometimes

Here is a good example:
http://www.gokickoff.com/team_match_detail.php?match_id=2190515
here's an overview in case you don't want to follow the link:
                               Team A                                    Team B
Mots?                            No                                        Yes
AAoP                             2 1/2                                    2 1/2                       equal!
Tactics                          +3                                        +2  -3                    team A wins
Avg performance           4 1/2                                     2 1/2                     team A wins
Shots (on target)           6(2)                                       9(6)                      team B wins
Goals                              1                                           2                         team B wins

:-\

?u???????

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2012, 02:11:16 AM »

Admin once said that MotS increases your player's skills, he didn't menction morale/adpatation/experience.

In this match

http://www.gokickoff.com/team_match_detail.php?match_id=2099246

My goalkeeper rating in game 7
Before game morale
very good
after morale only good
  WHY

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2012, 05:25:03 AM »
...sometimes

Of course that sometimes, but hey, this is not the first and the only match that i see with a team playing better and losing the match, you can't win all your matches, even playing better than your oponent, even Barcelona loses matches without deserving. I've seen lots of matches with a team shooting about 10 times at goal without scoring, and rival team shooting only once and scoring, that happens too.

If in my today's match, my opponent would have score in the only shoot he made at goal, it wouldn't change my feeling, my team played better than his despite he used MotS, so it wouldn't change the subject that using MotS doesn't mean you're going to win for sure.

My point is that i've seen lots of people complaining because they lost again MotS, they only say that any team can be better than a long time developed squad just because their rival used MotS, and i believe it's not true.... you can lose of course it can happens, but even in your match (against one of the strongest american squads) it was a very balanced match, you could've won that match too, and that's my point.

WHY

I'm not absolutely sure (i don't have the answers to everything, you should ask Admin about this), but this might give you a clue....

Quote from: Game manual, in chapter 5
The higher the experience, the higher chance a player performs well and also has a greater change to hit top form.

Your player's experience is 1......
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:26:57 AM by CarlosT »

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2012, 05:41:02 AM »
Personally, I'd just like to know how the MotS works so I can use it most effectively. If it means I can play players out of position or play inexperienced players without (or with reduced) penalty, I'd like to know...

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2012, 05:50:57 AM »
http://www.gokickoff.com/team_match_detail.php?match_id=2190515
here's an overview in case you don't want to follow the link:
                               Team A                                    Team B
Mots?                            No                                        Yes
AAoP                             2 1/2                                    2 1/2                       equal!
Tactics                          +3                                        +2  -3                    team A wins
Avg performance           4 1/2                                     2 1/2                     team A wins
Shots (on target)           6(2)                                       9(6)                      team B wins
Goals                              1                                           2                         team B wins

BTW, those stats don't belong to the match you placed there...

Shots (on target) were more balanced:
Team A: 6 (3)
Team B: 8 (4)

Team B made more shoots, but the difference weren't that high.....

And you didn't menction ball possession:

Team A: 57%
Team B: 43%

So, in the way i look at it, it was a very balanced match.

I repeat it, there's only one thing i know about MotS, and i can tell you this for sure, morale is not related, because i asked about it.....

My next league match will be against the only team that i feel might challenge my team in my division, my team is in great shape (9 matches played, 9 wins, 23 goals scored, 0 goals conceeded), most of my players are in superb morale and their stamina will be over 95%.
Even under those conditions, will my team's performance be affected if i use my remaining MotS? Will my players play even better than now if i use it?

This is what admin answered:

Hi,

Home game increases your possession.

MOTS increases ability of players.
In the match report you will notice that "Average Ability of players (AAoP)" increases when you use MOTS.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:54:09 AM by CarlosT »

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2012, 06:46:43 AM »
Thanks, that is a big help!
 :)

noeiwoon

• Legendary Team
  • ??????????????????????????????????????? ?????
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2012, 05:32:52 PM »
I agree to remove MOTS

intervention

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »
Lol the bout MOTs  :P

Basically put, MOTs has almost won the league for me (one draw needed over two matches left), this is how they worked for me:

Ended up in second place in E-division at the end of the season
Promoted to D-division ALONG WITH the same team that beat me to first place in the E-division
Found out we are still the only two active managers in our D-division
First match against them, at their stadium, i use MOTs and they did not... i won the match (just)
Second match against them, at my stadium, we both use MOTs... i won with home advantage

If they had assessed their priorities the same as i did then they could have used MOTs in the first match and probably would have won, meaning being closer to me in the D-division (i am six points clear)!

Personally i ignored the cup and put my focus on the D-division meaning i used my MOTs advantage tactically for that purpose whereas my main rival maybe split priority between the league and cup.

You see, its not the fact there are MOTs to be used... but how you choose to use them  8)
Talking is good, arguing is bad... telling the difference is genius :D

RayLei

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2012, 09:56:10 AM »
I voted it should be removed, the reason is quite simple, unfair. By using MotS, the final ranking of one league can be manuplited.

RayLei

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2012, 10:10:42 AM »
People MOTS should stay. You should have some kind of extra motivation for some matches.
2 Mots per season is not that much,so I think it should stay.Why not?

Maybe 2 Mots per season for one team is not that much, but if all other competitors in one league use  Mots against one team, that can be very very huge!!

Timestop

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2012, 09:10:02 PM »
So, just lost the Cupfinal against MOTs after Penalties (sniff, no WCC for me), against Kings of Europe, the Team Ologga lost against with much anger. ??? (these smilies here...)

Unfortunately I wasted my MOTs in the two games before, one pretty unnecessary, so I played simply defensive and had a bit luck that he got a red card in the 70th minute, holdingt the 0-0, but then my luck got lost in the shootout.

So, it doesn't seem impossible to be successfull against MOTS, but still I think that the tactical options they provide are smaller than the unpredictable variables and possibilities to cheat with Multiaccounts they bring with it.

Mots should either "nerfed" down or erased, imo.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2012, 05:57:40 AM »
Based on this poll, I think that at the very least, the number of MotS should be reduced from two per season to just one. It's called "Match of the Season" after all, not "Matches of the Season"

I think if everybody got just one MotS each season, it might change people's opinions on them. I sincerely hope game developers will follow this minimal course of action, and then we could re-evaluate MotS again.
 ;D

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2023, 09:11:31 PM »
???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? 
???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? 
???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? 
???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ????

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2024, 03:22:42 AM »
audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2024, 09:11:05 AM »
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru