Author Topic: What do you think about MotS?  (Read 19946 times)

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
What do you think about MotS?
« on: January 13, 2012, 09:58:27 PM »
Okay, everybody have different opinions about MotS, but one thing is clear, as active users start to fill upper division, MotS is starting to be not as welcomed as it were once announced.

* Strong teams plays against mots all the time.
* Teams participating WCC feels they're in disadvantage, because they need to save their MotS to that competition, and important league matches suffer teams using MotS.
* Some people say, "if you're strong enough, you'll beat a mots team anyway"

So, what everybody think about it? Should MotS be removed? Should something be changed in current structure?

Current WCC had a lot active users, and i saw different experiences about MotS and league, but there's a feeling between users that MotS are wrong, now....... how wrong are they?

Users can pick 2 options, so if they consider that they should remain with some changes people can pick a change.

To be clear, THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL POLL, but it might help to let developers know what people feels about MotS.
My team: (95928)

MathewsPateras

• Professional team
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think about MotS?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »
MOts should be removed!!!

Roostophe

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 10:16:32 PM »
I voted for it to remain, but with a penalty. It can come in handy, as I've found a couple of times. You just need to know in which matches you might need to use it in. (Why use it against stronger teams? Just be better.)

Don't know what the penalty should be, though. Maybe...your players' condition will decrease twice as much during the match...although I don't know by how much it normally decreases.

Edit: We could choose two options from the poll? I don't think we read that part...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:25:26 PM by Roostophe »

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 10:37:47 PM »
There are should be a penalty for using MOTS. Idea of decreasing condition twice is good , but I think that moral should be reduced by 2, too
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

paul_gazza

• All Star Team
  • No Trip For Catz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 10:59:45 PM »

Ologga

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
in the beginning of the post, carlos has explained very well the situation, for me is clear, mots must be removed. nobody must win matches with magical power. I don't like to keep mots possibility with a condition penalty, at last, the strong team suffer the mots as actually, and if his opponent has a condition penalty for the next match is the same for the team that has suffered the mots, the damage is made.

if some teams want to keep the mots working for the next seasons I propose to have the same number of mots for season/team/competition. one mots, two, three.. and these mots are only useful for that competition. If you lost in cup, the mots that you don't have used are lost. In this way, the teams that keep their mots for WCL, can use mots in the league too for defend their league options. And I think that for this proposal, the perfect number of mots by competition is 1.

anyway I maintain my initial idea, mots must be removed.

johnblasa

• All Star Team
  • ARTICA SPORT GORA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 12:52:41 AM »
Remove the mots, everybody play Mots against stronger teams....
ARTICA SPORT MANAGER JB - ARTICA SPORT

Duongspy

• National Team
  • ? Anti Communist ?
    • View Profile
    • ? BOYS-SAN ?

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 01:45:29 AM »
I'm think they must not be removed.

The strongers team, will always win all competitions, so, why play if we can do nothing??? In this way, a medium team can choose one competition, and focus at it, playing mots when is necessary.

If strongers teams, want to win all competitions, they must to be too much high than the rest. Real Madrid, Barcelona, ... play all competitions, and this have a penality for they, in the game too. If we can't do nothing different, the strongest team, will always win the cup (for example) being more strongest!!!!

I think mots give to the game more exciting experience, and more tactics... but when you're the strongest team, you don't like them, it's normal, and when you are the weakest team, you agree with them. But in global terms, I think they are necessary.

That's my opinion.
Nombre del club : Sopelana C.F. (50354)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 02:11:15 AM »
I don't exactly know how to vote here and this is why:

I like the idea of MotS, I really do. I just think it has been so far poorly implemented here.

In my crazy opinion, they should not be free; everyone should not automatically get 2 per season. They should cost something. I think a good "price" would be 20 credits, the same as for healing an injured player (they're both miracles, right?).

The reason I like credits for MotS is because small, weak clubs are more likely to spend their credits just keeping their players fit and happy while larger and stronger clubs are the ones that can afford to save them up for something like this. The result is that weak teams won't get them, and thus mainly strong, active teams will be playing them against each other, in decisive matches of the season! No one could complain that they are "MotS targets".

At this price, active managers would have no trouble getting at least one MotS per season playing the mini-game, but more than 2 is virtually impossible. One could also save up their unused MotS from season to season, introducing new tactical decisions into the game.

It might help if credits were a bit more useful, such as for acquiring scout reports. It might also work to award one MotS to clubs that can complete a full season without using a single MotS (active managers only, of course). What do you think?
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 06:19:00 AM »
I don't exactly know how to vote here and this is why:

I like the idea of MotS, I really do. I just think it has been so far poorly implemented here.

In my crazy opinion, they should not be free; everyone should not automatically get 2 per season. They should cost something. I think a good "price" would be 20 credits, the same as for healing an injured player (they're both miracles, right?).

The reason I like credits for MotS is because small, weak clubs are more likely to spend their credits just keeping their players fit and happy while larger and stronger clubs are the ones that can afford to save them up for something like this. The result is that weak teams won't get them, and thus mainly strong, active teams will be playing them against each other, in decisive matches of the season! No one could complain that they are "MotS targets".

At this price, active managers would have no trouble getting at least one MotS per season playing the mini-game, but more than 2 is virtually impossible. One could also save up their unused MotS from season to season, introducing new tactical decisions into the game.

It might help if credits were a bit more useful, such as for acquiring scout reports. It might also work to award one MotS to clubs that can complete a full season without using a single MotS (active managers only, of course). What do you think?

I like too much this idea, +1

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 06:53:05 AM »
Buying MotS with credits might be an interesting solution, BUT it has a weak spot.... mini-game is not the only way you can get credits..... and we know that cheating is a serious issue.... Champione's suggestion might be great if the "1 new used=1 Credit" scheme would be removed and, credits are not planned as a reward to game supporters, if premium accounts takes place later.... and people could buy credits with "real" money, fairness would be lost forever, that's for sure.

MotS should be paid with G, at a very expensive rate, so using a MotS would be really something worth.....

Let's say.... 1 MotS = 500.000G

Let's see how many people purchases a MotS to a normal league match, or one of the first WCC matches in the season.
I know, it's a lot money, and lower division clubs might have some trouble to get them.... but that's the idea, they should save money until, at least, cup semi-final, so they can be sure that winning that match they'd eventually get 750.000G even if they lose cup final, or a very important match (promotion rival maybe?).

Same happens in league or WCC, you wouldn't see teams using MotS everywhere, just to bother league leader.... people would use them only in special matches, it would also reduce that "money gap" between high division clubs and those who play in lower division, because higher division might need a MotS far more than a new user, so that income barrier shoud have something to compensate.

Besides, in real life, players receive money to win special matches, so why not in GKO?  :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 06:55:39 AM by CarlosT »

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 07:15:55 AM »
I hope they get rid of the 1 credit for referring new users, unless it is only awarded after a new user remains active for a whole season. Referrals should get a bonus somewhere else, like club rating. Sadly, money is the only other option.
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

chefo

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 08:48:04 AM »
I see u guys dislike MOTS mostly because of its use in WCL so w/o writing a wall of text 
=> Make MOTS available only for league matches (and cup if u like)

I hope they get rid of the 1 credit for referring new users, unless it is only awarded after a new user remains active for a whole season. Referrals should get a bonus somewhere else, like club rating. Sadly, money is the only other option.

Credit bonus for inviting people is a good feature but its easy to abuse right now, if they make it lets say u receive 2 credits for each referral only if he has been active at least 1-2 months after registration or when he reaches some amount of club rating would be a better solution than removing it

Elangoo

• Youth team
  • Goals Please!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 09:06:56 AM »
yes, reomoved it. its not real football..  ???
Manager of : Goals EagLEs

Danielmarian

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 10:29:44 AM »
reomoved mots !!!! ??? ??? ??? ???

MathewsPateras

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 10:50:26 AM »
Buying MotS with credits = more cheating!! The cheaters are not punished in this game...

Remove Mots immediately!! >:( >:( ???

Ologga

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »
It's absolutely unacceptable that no matter what team can receive 8-10 mots against in a season only for have the most strongest team and his opponents are afraid of play that matches. I have suffered many mots this season and I expect more of them until the end on the season, however I can use 2 only mots, this is really unfair. It's like the big teams must pay a toll for have made a good squad.

In GKO, if your opponent push the mots option, the affected team can't do anything except pray.

Many users that play in low divisions think that having the mots option can win a cup focusing in a only competicion and that is the reason why they defend mots option. That's is almost imposible. Strong teams are increasing and there will be many of them that will be focused in a only competition too. And if a strong team use mots, the competition is finished.

The mots are the most regrettable option of GKO with a big difference. And they can kill the game in the future if they are not removed because the teams that have made very nice squads with a big effort can't accept to lost against teams that get the power with mots option. They give to GKO an ilogical sense. As MathewsPateras said in another post, mots only aldulterate the matchs and competition.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:20:26 AM by Ologga »

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 11:46:51 AM »
It's absolutely unacceptable that no matter what team can receive 8-10 mots against in a season only for have the most strongest team and his opponents are afraid of play that matches. I have suffered many mots this season and I expect more of them until the end on the season, however I can use 2 only mots, this is really unfair. It's like the big teams must pay a toll for have made a good squad.

If you make MotS avaliable only through money excahange, with a scheme similar that the one i have shown you, i can tell you this....... nobody would spend 4.000.000G to get 8 MotS it would be crazy and you almost wouldn't have any profit in the whole season.

Many users that play in low divisions think that having the mots option can win a cup focusing in a only competicion and that is the reason why they defend mots option. That's is almost imposible. Strong teams are increasing and there will be many of them that will be focused in a only competition too. And if a strong team use mots, the competition is finished.

Why wouldn't they think they can win the cup? My friend, i'm in third division right now, there's only 3 argentinian teams with a squad stronger than mine, if i would be interested in cup, i'm sure that i would fight for it. I don't know what's your reality in Germany, but at least in my country ther're stronger teams in lower division than Top Division (excepting our Top Division champion), having "all he strong teams in one division" would need more time, 2 more seasons at least.... if some lower division team think about entering WCC ASAP, Cup is a great window, you know?
AND you might not realized yed, but 3 of 8 teams in WCC Knockout Round 2 comes from lower division, and earned their places winning their local cup, there's not a bigger proof than that, even using their MotS, if they managed to get there, they must have done something, not only luck and 2 mots to use (BTW, they're in great shape in WCC, and also leading their league, not bad at all).

The mots are the most regrettable option of GKO with a big difference. And they can kill the game in the future if they are not removed because the teams that have made very nice squads with a big effort can't accept to lost against teams that get the power with mots option.

I have seen lots of teams winning matches against teams using MotS, with such a solid difference that it ould seem to be that he's he one using MotS.... with all respect, creating a strong team is not only based on "having expensive players to use", i understand you, you must be upset about it, because you received too many MotS, but i share Champione's point of view.... i believe they're a very interesting feature, but they're not well implemented, they must be balanced somehow IMHO.

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 12:03:56 PM »
I'm agree with CarlosT, play Mots does not mean necessary you will win the match, mots only give you more probability to win. If you have have the strongest team in your country, you must win to the other teams in spite of playing mots vs you. And this teams, should have any chance to win, because if they don't play mots, be sure they lose with high probability.

Mots are silly for the strong teams, because they think that they must to win the competitions only because they are strongest. This is like Barcelona must always to win because is the best team, but he lose sometimes. In GKO, this must happens too, and all the teams, play the best vs Real Madrid and Barcelona, but this doesn't mean that they win.

I'm the strngest team in my league, and I understand if much users play mots again me, but this don't change my opinion. And when I get Top Level, I'm sure I will be a strong team, but I will continue thinking the same than now, mots must not disappear.

Ologga

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 12:35:07 PM »
If you make MotS avaliable only through money excahange, with a scheme similar that the one i have shown you, i can tell you this....... nobody would spend 4.000.000G to get 8 MotS it would be crazy and you almost wouldn't have any profit in the whole season.

You see that I can accept another solutions as I have exposed, but I'm sorry if I desagree with you but pay for have extra power is not vey ethical. I have said that if a part of the teams think that mots are necessaries, we must find a good solution for everybody. In this moment many users have bad concept from mots.

Why wouldn't they think they can win the cup? My friend, i'm in third division right now, there's only 3 argentinian teams with a squad stronger than mine, if i would be interested in cup, i'm sure that i would fight for it. I don't know what's your reality in Germany, but at least in my country ther're stronger teams in lower division than Top Division (excepting our Top Division champion), having "all he strong teams in one division" would need more time, 2 more seasons at least.... if some lower division team think about entering WCC ASAP, Cup is a great window, you know?

I have never said that a third division team can't never win the cup, of course yes. And that gives to the cup that big interest. I comeback to my thursday's match, I don't think that RSC Arsenal is better than me, perhaps a little bit but not much, as De Glenn said, the match was 50-50. I had the possession, but he won 4:0, he made something really well and me something really bad. It was a tremendous defeat for me, but I can't say anything. He was much better than me. But in my opinion it was have been really frustrating if at the end of the report I would have seen 'mots sentence'. That match was a nice battle except in definition where my team had a ridiculous performance.

AND you might not realized yed, but 3 of 8 teams in WCC Knockout Round 2 comes from lower division, and earned their places winning their local cup, there's not a bigger proof than that, even using their MotS, if they managed to get there, they must have done something, not only luck and 2 mots to use (BTW, they're in great shape in WCC, and also leading their league, not bad at all).

Yeah Carlos, I know it very well, even, in group stage there where a lot of cup winners from low divisions. By the moment, the best teams aren't always in the Top, they are placed in C, D or E and they need time for reach the TOP. In some seasons, all best teams will be in high divisions ant it will be most difficult to see teams from low divisions winning the cup.

I have seen lots of teams winning matches against teams using MotS, with such a solid difference that it ould seem to be that he's he one using MotS.... with all respect, creating a strong team is not only based on "having expensive players to use", i understand you, you must be upset about it, because you received too many MotS, but i share Champione's point of view.... i believe they're a very interesting feature, but they're not well implemented, they must be balanced somehow IMHO.

I agree with you here despite I defend to remove mots.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:39:58 PM by Ologga »

fairly

• Professional team
  • ?? ? ??? ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 12:42:47 PM »

MOts should be removed!!! its is real football
!!!

Ologga

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 01:11:21 PM »
I'm agree with CarlosT, play Mots does not mean necessary you will win the match, mots only give you more probability to win. If you have have the strongest team in your country, you must win to the other teams in spite of playing mots vs you. And this teams, should have any chance to win, because if they don't play mots, be sure they lose with high probability.

Mots are silly for the strong teams, because they think that they must to win the competitions only because they are strongest. This is like Barcelona must always to win because is the best team, but he lose sometimes. In GKO, this must happens too, and all the teams, play the best vs Real Madrid and Barcelona, but this doesn't mean that they win.

I'm the strngest team in my league, and I understand if much users play mots again me, but this don't change my opinion. And when I get Top Level, I'm sure I will be a strong team, but I will continue thinking the same than now, mots must not disappear.

To write that if a team is the strongest and if he receive a mots against he should win anyway is an absurd. Of course if a D division plays a mots against a TOP level, he shouldn't win, but when that mots is used by another TOP level team that for example is not playing WCL or has been eliminated from national cup or no matter what motive, the victory is almost decided because in some seasons, the level of the each league's teams will be really similar.

When Barcelona losts matches despite be the best team in the world, is because the other team has played better, but not used 'strange powers'.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:13:26 PM by Ologga »

paul_gazza

• All Star Team
  • No Trip For Catz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »
what is the MOTS in real life? DOPING?? Is absurd

DeGlen

• Professional team
  • Rsc Arsenal - NT manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »

Let's say.... 1 MotS = 500.000G

In reality clubs offer their players a win bonus for reaching a certain goal, or to motivate them to win a certain match.

So just remove the mots and add an option to set a win bonus for your team if they win the next game.

But this should be limited too, because some teams already have much more money than others.. So let's say that every team has the posibility to reward their players with a win bonus 4 or 5 times a season. The higher u set your win bones, how more motivated your players will be.
6x Champions of Belgium
18x Belgium Cup-finalist: 9x Winner, 9x Runner-up
Quarter-finalist WCL Season 4
Semi-finalist WCL Season 5
Round of 16 WCL Season 11
Former NT-manager and U21-Manager Belgium