Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] New International Competition for clubs  (Read 25397 times)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
Re: [suggestion] 2� world club competition
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2013, 12:04:03 AM »
I really admire you for the effort you keep doing to make suggestions!.. Knowing that the admin and gamedevelopers probably won't even read it. And if they read it, they won't use your suggestions, because the only suggestions they're interested in are those out of which they can make some money.

But anyway, good suggestion. Too bad it'll never happen.
:'(
Well, perhaps having more world club competition opportunities would increase the number of premium users...
...it's the best hope, so I added a poll :P
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

pluto

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2013, 01:41:05 PM »
Very good idea! 8) 8)

firecloud0102

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2013, 01:56:29 PM »
 :-X you will be eliminated from WCL~~~so ,you have this advice~?   
 :P Just kidding~! haha~~ ;D
?????????~
??Wanaka???????????E???TOP??????????TOP???
????????????????????

panjcof

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2013, 05:58:38 PM »
@Brian Clough
I really like your idea but i dont think anything would be done on this issue...  ::)
about the poll it will not make any difference cause premium is still too expensive for me  >:(

Levan

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Digital Studio 9
National Cup winners in WCL qualifying round
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2013, 06:47:42 PM »
I think it would be really nice if all the national cup winners would be allowed to take part in WCL qualifying round like it is in UEFA Europa League right now in a lot of countries cup has minimal value but if winning it would allow you to take part in WCL qualifying then it would add so much value to it.  I think expending the game will benefit every one
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:58:31 PM by Levan »

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
Re: National Cup winners in WCL qualifying round
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2013, 07:05:04 PM »
http://www.gokickoff.com/comp_wcc.php - section League Ranking - here you are who can paly in WCC straight and by qualifying games. Cup Winners can play in WCC if their own league is high in that ranking
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

Levan

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Digital Studio 9
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2013, 07:40:15 PM »
Thank you for the reply

I am aware of that but there are 208 league only first 40 NT cup winner teams play in qualifying round. this would not be a big problem if there would be more then one international league: champions league,UEFA Europa League, Copa Libertadores, etc.. but this game only has one championship and a lot of teams get left behind so why not expand it a bit. It will help motivate players a lot

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2013, 08:20:56 PM »
Your suggestion were discussed a lot of times and we always got to the same  result: it will only increase the gap between big amd small clubs.
Most teams playing WCC have to split their strenght when playing both sides, it might happen that a strong team might not finish in the top 3, but they won't finish in a lower position than 5th or 6th at most.
If we add another competition, those teams will keep playing international competitions, collecting extra money and experience.... you might see a chance to get a place if you play in a lower ranked league, but in long term it will make the gap even bigger than now.
My team: (95928)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2013, 04:29:26 AM »
Mind the gap! ;)
What would be nice is if friendly matches could happen during WCL much like national cup matches happen during regular friendlies. This would give everyone more to do and decrease that gap Carlos referred to a bit. I wonder...

Levan

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Digital Studio 9
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2013, 07:08:19 AM »
Your suggestion were discussed a lot of times and we always got to the same  result: it will only increase the gap between big amd small clubs.
Most teams playing WCC have to split their strenght when playing both sides, it might happen that a strong team might not finish in the top 3, but they won't finish in a lower position than 5th or 6th at most.
If we add another competition, those teams will keep playing international competitions, collecting extra money and experience.... you might see a chance to get a place if you play in a lower ranked league, but in long term it will make the gap even bigger than now.

To be honest I do not quite understand the reasoning, is not that how real football works, is not every nt cup winners teams allowed to play on Europa League and managing your players fatigues is what all teams do in the world. I think it would add so much more interest to the game about the money give teams who play in Europa League as much as they would get if they were playing friendlies

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2013, 02:15:30 PM »
All of us know how european competition works, but it seems you don't understand how this game works.

Adding another extra competition will only secure that each country's best 6 teams collect extra money/experience increasing their difference with others every season.
I don't know wich league (or level) you're playing, but experience taught us that the more you play, the more you become stronger. In fully established leagues, recently promoted teams rarely have a chance against a top 6 squad, it might happen that a recently promoted team manages to win league and reaches WCC (i did eventually), but those teams proves to be good enough to play WCC again.

I will use my league as an example: This is argentinian top level, if you add an extra competition, i can grant you that (my team), Chespis, Bananas Jrs, AC Olympic and Estudiantes de Olavarria will play and international competition each season, the remaining spot would be split between LOS GURISES FC and F.C Tigres-Vengalas.

I have won Argentinian Top Level twice a row since i get there in season 6, that said, let's say that i have a really bad season and my team finishes 5th, i would still be playing an extra competition, so i will keep collecting attendance incomes, my players will keep receiving skill and experience bonus, even if my season is bad! What chances would have a recently promoted squad against me? None, and in long term they will have even less chances, because my team will be increasing it's strenght faster than theirs.

Nobody is discussing your proposal to make it more realistic, but older users understand that adding extra matches to a few, only will compromise competition fairness, a lot and for all!

That said, i like Brian's suggestion, a lot!

Mind the gap! ;)
What would be nice is if friendly matches could happen during WCL much like national cup matches happen during regular friendlies. This would give everyone more to do and decrease that gap Carlos referred to a bit. I wonder...

At least every single manager would have the chance to increase his player's ability and grab some G into their accounts, WCC teams would keep increasing their strengh, but the gap between them won't keep increasing that fast.

Levan

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Digital Studio 9
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2013, 02:24:48 PM »
CarlosT

eh, I believe you are right, it might be not realistic but at least it is fair for all the users

Red

• National Team
  • Red Devils 21 (278068)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2013, 02:55:19 AM »
I think this one is good to place my suggestion:
I check just few top level comp. as my NL and I find similar situation,one club dominate complatly league and cup...Basic on that situation and discussion on this topic i would like to propose modification  on world competitions.Main idea is let to play more clubs from low ranking country's ,think best same as from the top of ranking but keep limit to 4 clubs from one country which when we have 16 on league and 6 can be releget looks really very good.I know that it means more clubs on world competitions but I think it could be even better casue there will be more fair for other teams from low ranking country's.
1.World champions Cup for 1st and 2nd placed teams from each top level league - like champions league
2.World league for cup winners and 3rd place team from top level in each country. - low rank cup (less money from tickets) with award of 1million G for winner

Thank's to two competitions we have similar amount of clubs in world comp. like before and we let to play more clubs which could be dominated in domestic league by strong clubs.Amount of games we can adjust with qualification round's where for draws each club can get highest points from his own rank of federations rank (similar to real life).

Regarding to unfair competiotions between clubs from World cup and other one's in top level leagues I see also some ideas like:
System could be adjusted two home/road games (Two cups could be played with less rounds and group stage with 4 teams for group) where "road" games will cost players more stamina which should be not able to recover on anyway,with this option if club want to win Worls cup and top level in strong country should play with 20 good players like in real life.Especially that only 1st and 2nd place guarantee start in prestige World Cup...

I'm interesting what do You think about this idea,if You like it please discuss about best solutions which should benefit to us and owners of this game,cause now surly it is frustrating for many new users to play against strong team which 1.can win all games on top level 2.Block all other teams from league of playing World cup or limit them to one...Two cups for more teams with some small modification of system could slowly chnage that diff.
I will buy young players with PR 5 and higher,send me your offer.

Red

• National Team
  • Red Devils 21 (278068)
    • View Profile
World Club Champions Cup + World Club Cup
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2013, 01:47:14 PM »
Hi All
I proposed to play two International Cups in GKO instead one to let play in International level more clubs from low ranking country's.
In present situation we have World Club Champions Cup with 14 rounds played by 256 teams

New system base on idea that from every country 4 teams play International Cup's.At that moment we have 208 National Federations that means 832 teams for new system.To not complicate both cups can play on same way similar to present situation where teams get ranking like now.

World Club Champions Cup could be like now most prestige cup in GKO with awards like now.To qualify team from any country must be 1st or 2nd on Top Level league,

World Club Cup (new international cup) could be low rank International cup with prestige same as Top level league's (less supporters,bonuses etc.) and awards with for example 50% of World Club Champions Cup level.In this cup teams from 3rd place in top level and winners of domestic cup comp. will be qualify.

In result of that there will be more fight in strong leagues to finished 1st or 2nd and play Champions Cup.
System for both cup look like below where ranking decide when a team start to play and how to be placed on draw.

1st round  - 64 teams from bottom of the ranking play  elimination game
2nd round - 32 winners from 1st round +224 teams from 352 Teams (128 top ranking teams start from 3rd round) play elimination game.
3rd round  - 128 winners from 2nd round will play against 128 teams from top of ranking
4th round  - 64 games,winners qualify to group stage
5th round - group stage (7 games)
next rounds like we have now...

We play total 15 round where first round could be play 3-4 days before 1st league game,on one of friendly game date
In this system we have more clubs in group stage which means more money for best teams but we can move group stage one round later to keep current amount of clubs playing that stage.I'm agree that 4 clubs from one country in a International Cup is max.
Also cause in first two rounds Teams are from very low rank we can think to play both rounds in preseason week and one free date move to a most important game in International cup to play Home/Away game but than which round it should be? Final,Semi final or Elemination to group stage?

Hope You like my idea and after discussion this will be suggestion for GOK team.

About a game from me in few words...Without details which I already found in forum like bugs,cheaters etc...

Best game for sure !!! Best cause it is most simulated online manager.But in same way owners are killing simulation(their most value advantage) with tokens,credits and huge diff. between premium and non premium users.If some firm like a Sports Interactive will do online manager based on simulation but without that gap between users it will be finished for GOK in weeks...I suggest to improve that simulation to SIMULATION where premium benefits is mainly TIME.People now are paying for a time,time means money guys,if somebody can pay to play GOK 1 hour instead 10 hours with same result as non paying member he will pay.Things like transfer agent set on our maximum bid and wage,shortlists and some auto functions for premium users is more than enough believe me.Most of us are working,study etc. so if we can buy a time we will buy and a game will be really great with more people which later could by premium to(they start working,study and all...) For example like now we pay for Premium and we get also quick more "energy" but to spend it we have to visit GOK even more than non premium users.That's really Wrong way.In this case when we already pay we should get energy cumulate to 1000 or even 2000 and cumulated with same speed like non premium 80. I mean both will reach 80 in same time but non premium user should visit than GOK and Premium user could wait until 1000 or 2000 as he already support GOK.Hope You get my point.I'm pretty sure fore every option is solution to give everybody opportunity to reach same result.Non premium should be able to do this but spending a lot of time for things which premium user could do automatically and so...

Be smart GOK TEAM cause other firm can strike any time ;)

I will buy young players with PR 5 and higher,send me your offer.

The Korean Football Club

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
    • The Korean Football Club
Re: [SUGGESTION] New International Competition for clubs
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2013, 09:23:20 AM »
Good idea! :'(

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2013, 10:41:08 PM »

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2013, 05:09:00 AM »
These are all good suggestions, but I feel like we are beating a dead horse.
This thread now has about a dozen iterations of the same suggestion (Europa or Sudamericana type competitions). Instead, let's come up with some suggestions that help weaker teams! One I made was to allow friendly matches to happen during WCL matches. This should be a first step imho.

Going further, I would like to see national competitions like the English Football League Trophy that exclude teams in the top two levels! I don't know about your nations, but how often have C-level or lower teams ever made it to national cup quarterfinals? Probably almost never.  Furthermore, many clubs in lower levels are often excluded from the national cup entirely, and everyone should at least get a national cup to play in!
 ;)

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2013, 06:48:38 AM »
s

stefancachia

• National Team
    • View Profile
NEW COMPETITIONS INSTEAD OF WORLD CHAMPIONS LEGAUE
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2014, 05:12:35 PM »
I was thinking why there is only 1 cometition like the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

it could be better, if there are 2 competitons like it happens in real life, and nations which are in the lower ranking, could have mire than one particapant int these competitions.

we could have a champions league, and an other one like europe EUROPA LEAGUE in real life

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
Re: NEW COMPETITIONS INSTEAD OF WORLD CHAMPIONS LEGAUE
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2014, 05:19:35 PM »
I like it.

I would add, all teams who lose on WCl qualifying rounds go to it for sure. In that way, many teams will not use too much mots on previous rounds.

And more incomes and training for more teams.

+1
Nombre del club : Sopelana C.F. (50354)

stefancachia

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2014, 06:23:43 PM »
it could be done, there are many other goods ideas,this is one to improve the game.

Many small nations only have only one club competing in the world club cup. This could help, they can make a second tier competition. It is possible.

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2014, 06:25:56 PM »
The idea was discuss before, I remember to speak about it. I don't think developers will make, but I like it.
Nombre del club : Sopelana C.F. (50354)

stefancachia

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2014, 09:34:23 PM »
if perhaps we make a huge debate here , and afterwords the administrators will see our discussion, perhaps they could add another competition, i think everyone will benefit from it.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2014, 09:34:50 PM »
It has been discussed many times before... my opinion?

New international competition with same seeding system than Europa League? No way, it will increase the gap between big and small clubs.
New international competition with more places for lower ranked leagues? It would be more unfair, and will increase the "legal multi account farming" drastically.
New international competition for lower division teams? Yes, please!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:36:36 PM by CarlosT »

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2014, 09:51:28 PM »
It has been discussed many times before... my opinion?

New international competition with same seeding system than Europa League? No way, it will increase the gap between big and small clubs.
New international competition with more places for lower ranked leagues? It would be more unfair, and will increase the "legal multi account farming" drastically.
New international competition for lower division teams? Yes, please!

i really don't understand the concept. why would a second division team be in an international competition, but not the 5th placed in top level. the team from top level would win 8 or 9 out of 10 matches against the other team, but the top level team just stays home doing nothing.

if i were in the middle of top level, i would chose to relegate and get to play in that competition from the second division. just think about it: instead of the middle of top level, with unhappy fans and moderate income, i would get too keep my fans happy by winning the second division and i would get extra income and an international trophy. or at least i would get to be in a thrilling competition. all these, while a stronger team than mine would fight in top level and only get the 3rd or 4th place, that would not allow it to be in an international competition.

international competitions for lower than top level divisions are only for losers and frustrated users that are not good enough to earn a spot in wcc. if a team is really good, but not in top level it can reach wcc by winning the cup. if it cannot do that, it does not deserve to be in an international competition.

if someone wants such competition, it can create an off-site competition and play the matches here, as friendlies.