Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] New International Competition for clubs  (Read 25186 times)

dragon90

• National Team
    • View Profile
[SUGGESTION] New International Competition for clubs
« on: September 04, 2011, 05:18:56 PM »
Hi mates!
Today i want to suggest a nice proposal about the development of a new international competition.
All we know WCL is a great innovation, but only 3 teams for each nation can join the cup.
So I'm proposing to create a new international league to involve the 4th, 5th and 6th team of the top level (or the national cup winner), it could be helpful to get international experience, good collections and entertainment.
I mean to let coexist the two international leagues, like in real life happens with "AFC Cup" and "Asian Champions League" for my asian friend, "Copa Libertadores" and "Copa Nissan" for my south american mates and "Champions League" and "Europa League" for europeans.

The objective is to help the medium clubs of Top Level to grow up, contributing at the national improvement, untill the reach the big teams of that nation.
Alessandria 1990 F.C. (128523)

Jones_ITA

• Professional team
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTION] New International Competition for clubs
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »
I think it's a good idea, surely I'm supporting you!

paul_gazza

• All Star Team
  • No Trip For Catz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 08:23:49 PM »
I think it's a good idea, surely I'm supporting you!

johnblasa

• All Star Team
  • ARTICA SPORT GORA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 08:40:09 PM »
It's a good idea, already purpose in other posts :(
ARTICA SPORT MANAGER JB - ARTICA SPORT

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 03:49:10 AM »
Good idea, I wonder if the 3rd place teams from the WCL group stage could automatically qualify for such a league's knockout round, like so often happens in TRW?

Meanwhile, this naturally opens the door for a World Supercup, too.
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

dragon90

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 11:55:12 AM »
Meanwhile, this naturally opens the door for a World Supercup, too.

Yes!
I'm anxious to know what will be the admin's response.

johnblasa

• All Star Team
  • ARTICA SPORT GORA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 12:21:18 PM »
Oh great idea jmcconn... I'm just qualify like 3th place in WCL round!!!!!  :)
ARTICA SPORT MANAGER JB - ARTICA SPORT

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 12:10:33 AM »
Nice idea. I will discuss it with my team.

:)

dragon90

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 09:04:42 AM »
Nice idea. I will discuss it with my team.

:)

It would be great!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:36:59 AM by dragon_skull »

chefo

• National Team
    • View Profile
New league suggestion
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 01:50:03 PM »
What I am suggesting is something like Europe League, we got CL already but its only for the teams from Top Level so people from lower leagues gotta just stick to league and cup matches and ofc friendlies if they like to.

Basically here is how it goes, first 2 players from Top Level qualify for CL, 3rd and 4th from Top Level qualify for this new league (or just the 3rd, its optional), also the cup winner gets the privilege to join in the new league (if he has already qualified for CL and gets disqualified he can continue playing in the new league and the current stage it is at as well as all the other clubs that have lost their CL matches). Also all 1st and 2nd clubs from the rest of the leagues can qualify to this new league by playing matches etc.

I think its not a bad idea and the amount of matches is same for everybody at a time, while some clubs are playing in CL others are in the new league, havent figured out a name for it yet tho :p

P.S. I havent searched whether it has been suggested already so sorry if it was.  ;)

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
Re: New league suggestion
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »
Cup winners, who aren't top teams always, also can play in wcl. i don't think one more competition is needed

chefo

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »
Lower league teams can manage with one more competition at least, cut the suggestion just to the part where 1st and 2nd from each league (above Top Level) can participate in some kinda other event. Currently the amount of matches for clubs out of CL is low so we gotta think of smth.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 03:41:14 AM »
Cup winners, who aren't top teams always, also can play in wcl. i don't think one more competition is needed

This is only true for 19% of all nations (40 out of 208), which means there are 168 countries (mine included) that only get one club representative in the WCL.

In my biased opinion, I like the idea of a second competition. It would be particularly appealing if the WCL were to become a more "elite" competition, comprised of fewer teams just from the top ~50 nations. It could operate more like real Champions leagues, complete with small groups and proper 2 game aggregate matches in the knockout rounds and the final held in the world's largest stadium after the national leagues/cups are over.

A second league would then function more like the existing WCL with several qualification rounds, larger groups and single-match knockout rounds except that every nation would get to enter 2 teams and it could be made to accept losing teams from WCL stages (except knockout). It could be the "" (egaliltarian league) in contrast with an "elite" WCL, but with similar prizes. :-\

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »

This is only true for 19% of all nations (40 out of 208), which means there are 168 countries (mine included) that only get one club representative in the WCL.

A number that might be increased if you could've reached group stage, and you could've get some points there...... i know, you lost againt a team that used mots, but you could've used it too, the match was very important after all........

To be honest, i don't like that "regional lower level cup", but i like the chance to add some extra international competition. Or even more, some continental cup and WCC at the end of season, facing only each continent's top teams.
My team: (95928)

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »

A number that might be increased if you could've reached group stage, and you could've get some points there...... i know, you lost againt a team that used mots, but you could've used it too, the match was very important after all........

To be honest, i don't like that "regional lower level cup", but i like the chance to add some extra international competition. Or even more, some continental cup and WCC at the end of season, facing only each continent's top teams.

couple more milions to a small group of strongest teams?

Ologga

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 12:55:50 PM »
You write about mots Carlos, and I would like to think something about mots. I have suffered 5 mots this season and I hope more until the end on the season, however I can use 2 mots, this is really unfair. It's like the big teams must pay a toll for have made a good squad in my opinion.

I understand to Champione if he didn't use that day a mots in WCL's preview 3rd knockout, because it was the begining of the season and probably Champione had biggest expectatives for the season than reach the group stage, perhaps he aspired to win it, however his opponent only wanted to pass to group stage, and there was the difference. In this moment, to use a mots is determinant.

And we can't say that play mots is like in real life because if in real life a big team feels that his small opponent is playing really motivated, inmediately the big team change the 'chip' and win the match. Here, in gko, if your opponent push the mots option, the big team can't do anything except pray.

Yesterday I could lost my first place in the top level league because my yesterday's opponent played a mots, I was lucky because he used his youths for give them more training and I won the match. But that mots was absolutely innecessary for my opponent because the league is finished for him. Also, if I would lost yesterday the match in reason of that mots, my player's morale would be decreased, affecting to WCL's today match, that is very unfair too.

In WCL too, after make a very good group stage six first dates, I was at point of lost my classification because in the 7th and last date, my opponent used again, a new mots. I was lucky again and the team after mine in the table, lost his match too and I got finally the 2nd place.

I think that mots are unfair, at least as they are focused in this moment, the teams that play WCL have less opportunities because they play more matches and they have only 2 mots for three competitions while other teams have the same 2 mots for only league and cup. Another situation is that the teams that play in a low level country can keep their mots for the WCL, as is my case, that's is unfair too in my opinion.

I don't like mots but other users can think that they are necessaries for the game but at least I propose to have the same number of mots by team and by competition. So, if a team join WCL, he should have 2 mots for league, and the same number for cup and the same number for WCL, obviusly the mots for the league are only for that competition, the same in cup or WCL and if you lost in a cup round you lost the not used mots. In this way we all can have the same opportunities and it's most difficult to happen that the best team of a competition is beaten by a lot of mots each season.

I expose my own reasons and I understand the teams that defend the mots, but at least we can make ir most fair.

PD: I'm sorry for speak about mots here, but I think Champione's match was an evident example and It was nice for ilustrate this point of view. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:58:14 PM by Ologga »

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 01:37:02 PM »
Don't take me wrong Ologga, but i consider that mots should have a penalty (maybe extra condition loss or something like that) and new teams should't receive 2 mots if they start with 15 or less matches left. But blaiming mots is an easy way to blame your mistakes..... if you're strong, nobody can beat you. If a team can beat you using mots, you're not strong enough yet.

This season i already used my 2 mots. In one match i couldn't win (i drew at home 0-0 back then) and i faced the same team yesterday, playing away i beated him 0-4 without using mots....... that's because i increased my squad's strengh and also, i learned from my mistakes.

Mots can give you an advantege? True, but they don't grat you an easy victory, i can give you lots of matches with teams using mots that lost even using mots and having their AAoP in the same level than other team that didn't use his....

http://www.gokickoff.com/team_match_detail.php?match_id=1936379
http://www.gokickoff.com/team_match_detail.php?match_id=2722543
http://www.gokickoff.com/team_match_detail.php?match_id=2701500
http://www.gokickoff.com/team_match_detail.php?match_id=1935659

In other words yes..... mots pain be a pain, but it's not an "easy victory" granted, you can beat a team using mots (you must have a better squad, and you have to do things better too).... should they be removed? Probably, not sure about this.

couple more milions to a small group of strongest teams?

Mmmm...... why not? They're in the top after all.

Look i'm one of those that consider that a stong team can be made in any division, you only need to change you focus...... buying players is not the only way to do a strong squad, you know? If you do things right, you'll eventually reach top division, and if you made a strong enough squad, you'll be in a position to fight for something. There're great teams in lower division, waiting for their chance to shine in top division.....
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:38:38 PM by CarlosT »

Ologga

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
Don't worry Carlos, I don't take you wrong and I don't want to justify my defeats with the mots. I only say that to suffer 6, 7 mots each season can't be good for the game. If any team want to beat another team, must have better players or good lucky or both. But to play better only pushing a button is not very nice. You can check my champion's match today, really heavy defeat, and unexpected in those numbers of 4:0, but at least, same conditions for both teams with no mots. I accept the 4:0 and must think in the next season.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:45:37 PM by Ologga »

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 07:31:13 PM »
I've got your point, and i understand it.... play against 7 mots per season is a bit tough.

I'm not sure if they should be removed, but its use should have a penalty at least (money and extra stamina loss maybe?).

Ologga

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 07:42:02 PM »
Your idea is a good possibility, or the one that I have proposed in my first post, something for become the game better for all the teams that play gko.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 01:16:29 AM »

But the number would've only increased for my country at the expense of another; 81% of all nations will still have only one club representative in the WCL. IMO it would be nice to offer every nation's league and cup winners a place in an international competition. It would also be great to have a "proper" elite competition with smaller groups (4 teams) and 2-game aggregate matches in knockout rounds....

@ Ologga: I don't think my example is a good one because a serious bug was involved. Honestly, I don't care that I lost due to a MotS...given the same situation, I would do the same thing (and not use a MotS). What frustrated me was the fact I had set tactics to replace two poor penalty takers with two good ones at 90' which did not happen due to a bug...then I lost on penalties. What a time to find that out!

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 02:01:13 AM »
But the number would've only increased for my country at the expense of another; 81% of all nations will still have only one club representative in the WCL.

My friend, this is how the world works...... and if you go to reality, it can even get worst..... just look at how many representatives have each continent in FIFA World Cup (speaking about NT) or how many clubs get to the UEFA Champions League, speaking about top clubs.

In any case, its a shame that a country with about 312,842,758 people have such a low activity rate here.

In other words, i know, it might sound unfair.... but should be fair that a league with 1/3 active managers that top leagues should receive the same number of places? Considering their league isn't even considered a league with strong teams, compared with other leagues with the same (or less) active users?

Let me give you some info....

Croatia 267 users
Russia 116 users
Norway 84 users
Iceland 23 users
Philippines 64 users
Finland 36 users
Uruguay 137 users
Macedonia 282 users

Even Belgium (63 users) have a Top team in club ranking, but their league hasn't prove to get enough points in WCC to get an extra place, however RSC Arsenal might turn things if they keep going forward, and i believe they have a great chance.

Current league ranking is great IMHO, because it doesn't depend on how many active users a league have, it depends on how strong their teams are. If you're in an unbalanced league you can do a team to get far, but you must do your part too. You blamed Antizidari because he used mots? In the way i look at it, it's not a coincidence that Croatia have 4 places, and thanks to Antizidari's manager decision, his country now have 2 places in group stage, and they only had 1 before......

Do you see my point now?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:10:21 AM by CarlosT »

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 04:21:42 AM »
I understand that the WCL should be highly competitive, I was merely voicing my support for the original topic:
What I am suggesting is something like Europ[a] League...

Clearly I live in a nation of 312,842,498 idiots ::)

You blamed Antizidari because he used mots? In the way i look at it, it's not a coincidence that Croatia have 4 places, and thanks to Antizidari's manager decision, his country now have 2 places in group stage, and they only had 1 before......

Do you see my point now?

To be clear: I don't blame Antizidari for using a MotS...I do blame the game bug that did not allow me to make my substitutions that could have changed the outcome of the match. Using the MotS was clearly was a wise decision for both Antizidari and Croatia, but they got a lucky break, too.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 04:30:56 AM »
As far as i know you didn't lose by 1 goal difference, so you can't be 100% sure that you could've won that match, okay, you'd be closer, but not 100% sure. But it's okay, it's no use speak about the past... the game had a bug, i wish it to be fixed, that's all i can tell you.

I understand that the WCL should be highly competitive, I was merely voicing my support for the original topic:

Okay, my bad, sorry about that.

Super Hero

• Youth team
    • View Profile
Continental Cup
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 08:36:50 PM »
Now is in the game almost every countries the world
If there must be a continental championship
like: Asia Cup and Euro Cup

and there must be a World Cup qualifier each continent
and not be random qualifier