Author Topic: [Suggestion] Homegrown player rule  (Read 5139 times)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
[Suggestion] Homegrown player rule
« on: August 16, 2011, 01:22:35 AM »
A couple of thoughts I had:

Homegrown rule: I don't know if this has become an issue anywhere yet, but I'm sure it will eventually. Each team should be required to maintain at least 8 (or > 1/3 of total players if the team has more than 24) players from their own national leagues. These players would only need to have spent the equivalent of three seasons in the national leagues. New players, spawned at registration or promoted from academy (i.e. all players with a given nationality) would automatically have this status, and foreigners can achieve it after three seasons, which need not be consecutive.

Eventually, it would also be cool to have language stats (for most major languages) for players, where very low proficiency would deliver a penalty in performance, but training could fix it...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:07:47 AM by jmcconn »
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Homegrown player rule and a player language stat
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 01:50:54 AM »
Homegrown player: Too many complications, this isn't FM2011 registering players for UEFA Champions league.

Language Stat: Adaptation to the team is more than enough.

I don't mean to be rude, but seriously, there's a lot of things far more important to do before those IMHO.
My team: (95928)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 03:11:32 AM »
I guess I just feel that one single nation's players are dominating, almost controlling the player market, and there should be something to keep the leagues differentiated to some extent, at least.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 11:55:58 AM »
Right now, it's impossible to do that, because you don't see many local players in transfer list, locking teams would only make the potentially weaken in front of thai players.
Maybe in the future, when a real gap between older and new users be a reality, it would be interesting, to be honest, right now i don't think it would be possible.
Why do i say that? Because right now, a player useless in my squad is useless in all argentinian teams, there's not a real gap betweenmy team and others, maybe in the future, when a lot of managers have good/very good academies, probably a player useless in my squad might be interesting to a newbie, it doesn't happen right now.
Besides, we already have a scheme that would ruin a lot of squads, because even thai top teams have a lot of foreign players (ErRoR, StoppZ StooD StiLL, you couldn't change that from the day to night...... and to be honest, right now it's quite realistic IMHO..... Internazionale won 2009-2010 Italian Serie A and none of their starting 11 was italian, look every top european team and you'll see a lot of foreign players too.
All said, not possible right now, in a couple of years (season 10) would be possible.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 03:55:09 PM »
I often forget how young Gokickoff is. To reiterate, I don't want to see teams prevented from having many foreign players, just to maintain a minimum number of domestic players, to ensure markets for domestic players remain strong. While Inter had a lot of foreign players, some of them would be considered "homegrown" under the rule I suggested. Diego Milito, for instance, had been playing in Italy for 5+ seasons when he came to Inter. Like in the real world, this won't be addressed until some team, with few, if any, homegrown players, threatens to win its league. Then the other teams will protest with a vengeance. I just hope that it doesn't come too soon!

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 09:43:13 AM »
This game is new and IMHO adaptation to the team is just enough like Carlos wrote.

MD - Emre Yavuz - LT

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
    • Virtonomics
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 10:24:18 AM »
In some games, FA's will set the foreigner rules that i played. Maybe if there is a need of this, it will be handled in nations. Not globally. Because in Italy there is only non-eu player restriction. EU players has no limits. But for ex. in Turkiye we have max of 6 foreigner in first team.

This issue can be handled like this. Also After some season and after number of active player raise, domination of the Thai players in market will be lost. I agree to Carlos on this issue.

Also there are lots of examples that local players have hard time to adapt in new teams while foreigners adapt more quick. it is a little sort of personalty also. so adaptation is enough IMHO also
Team: Gilead FK
Manager: Emre YAVUZ
Establish date: 14/12/2010 (season 1)
League : B

Turkish Language Translator
Turkiye Forum Moderator
Trophy : D-27 Win, C-4 R-Up

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 05:19:07 AM »
Okay, I just think there should be a minimum # of home-grown players each team must maintain. Otherwise it defeats any purpose of players having nationalities at all. Yes, maybe this issue isn't very important right now or even next season, but I believe that it should be considered in more long-term planning if we don't want to drop player nationalities all together. I think 8 players is reasonable; anyone could field a starting 11 without a single one being included. With 6 academy player promotions available per season, one really only would need to keep TWO homegrown players in their squad on a more permanent basis, if they were promoting all of them each season. That's really what we want to encourage, right?

On a side note, in the transfer market, this would provide a more practical purpose of the "Club Base (Country)" input box, which seems minimal at best right now, though cheaters might find it useful ;D. Instead, this search term would have legitimate value for clubs needing home-grown players.

And don't get me wrong; any country where a bunch of kids living in a floating fishing village without land build a floating football pitch so they can play is sure to be on the rise in the world of "the beautiful game".   ;)

Chloro

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 06:24:25 AM »
jmcconn , i support you. good idea.

paul_gazza

• All Star Team
  • No Trip For Catz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 03:06:46 PM »
Just add youth leagues ...

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 03:12:37 PM »
Just add youth leagues ...

This would be a good start to prevent leagues full of thai players.
But we need to be patient, the game is very young yet, adding youth leagues might take a lot of resources.
With some time, i'm sure this option will be enabled.

perrito

• All Star Team
  • �c�mo sabes qu� es vivir si no has jugado f�tbol?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 04:08:29 PM »
I think almost ever club is with at least one Thai player, in this moment is difficult to control this, youth leagues could help, but at the same time it would make stronger the thai teams, so at the moment we have to wait, when the game is more develop we can find a solution...
How do you know what is life about if you never played football?

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 07:03:49 AM »
Maybe we could solve two issues at once. What if there were a 5%-10% "tax" on purchasing foreign players? Then we could raise the 75% of transfer fee slightly while encouraging player trading WITHIN ONE'S LEAGUE. Thus, BOTH domestic players (spawned in your nation) AND players transferring from another team in your country's leagues would not receive this tax.

This is realistic because there are usually extensive costs associated with acquiring work permits and other legal issues when bringing in foreign players in the real world. There already seems to be some consternation on the fraction teams get when players are transferred out, and the fact that this amount effectively disappears into nothing bothers me, too. (See the "75% Transfer Fee" thread in the General Comments category). By charging clubs with this fee for bringing in foreign players, we could simultaneously provide an incentive to seek out homegrown players while offsetting an increase in the overall rate of the transfer fee that teams get for outgoing players slightly, say 5% when its within the league and/or 5% when it's a domestic player.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but it would be a good first step.

What do we want? Change!
When do we want it? In due course!

Chloro

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Homegrown player rule
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 07:27:41 AM »
For Academy,I think there should be a random or chance that the players of the Thai national team in the country. For example, Academy of Thailand. Chances are he will be 70% Thai.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 12:51:11 PM »
What do we want? Change!
When do we want it? In due course!

I'm sorry, this is what YOU want....
this is what YOU are proposing everywhere, everyday....

The game is very young, give some time to users and, when a gap between older users and newbies become a reality, you'll see less teams with foreign players, in order to do that, teams should upgrade their academies to Okay level, players received from an okay academy are potentially better than any player in transfer market. If you want to avoid foreign players everywhere, promotion of local players should be done, but stop searching a way to restrict activities.

It's clear that GKO's core doesn't like you...... man, the game was this way before you came, didn't you realized that?
I told you before, THIS IS NOT FM, stop searching "work permit" crap........

I share with you that current transfer scheme is a madness, but to be honest, it's the only way an active manager can make some progress without waiting 3 years (years, not seasons) to get some, maybe because you're placed in top division you didn't realized that, but a team in lower divisions need to make something if they don't want to go bankrupt.....

.... low attendance fees.
.... sponsor payments are low.
.... having hotel/bar/megastore at bad level you can't cover facilities maintenance cost.

In a D division, without minimum attendances, if i don't make club activities everyday (about seven 1hour activities) my team would do about 40k profit from 10k attendances (that took me a lot to get, no minimum attendances in D division or lower) before maintenance cost are paid.

Now, could you tell me WTF should i do to improme my team with 40k every week?

You want to stop this "transfer madness", propose someting that active (and current) users could help!

* Lower expenses in okay academy: if i couldn't transfer players, i'd need about 25000 weeks to get there, it's insane!
* Lower maintenance fees until okay level.
* And most importat, give daily activity a real benefict: current club activity income is crappy, it's crazy that, if i don't play at home in a week, i need to do about 30 club activities if i don't want my team lose money, while users that only logs once per week or every 15 days receive same incomes than i do.... why don't propose higher sponsor payments to active players? How about 150k if you logon everyday and 35k if you didn't show up the whole week?

I share your "national players love", but i need to improve my squad, else, any newbie have a real chance against older users, they receive 2 or 3 400k players, you know? Please, look at my squad (click my signature), you'll see a young team in development (even more, 1 have an 18 years old player in NT) but also a lot of players bought/sold in my history..... now, how could i get there with 40k profit every week? Please, think again how things work, and stop searching a way to restrict things... as i said before, "live and let live", not everybody have 20k attendance every match and 1.000.000 if we win a league, and there's a lot of people with the same problem i have, cheers.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:53:52 PM by CarlosT »

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 04:29:54 PM »
I though I was suggesting something potentially useful. Also, I'm not posting every day; just when new ideas come to mind (closer to once a week). I thought that this is what the thread was for...suggestions. The title isn't "good suggestions", after all. Also, it's pretty clear that I'm not the only one with this sentiment. Maybe my apparent lack of understanding of what it takes to climb out of the lower divisions has more to do with my league; there seems to be SO many inactive users in the USA that I'd guess that anyone actually using the game, paying attention to other teams and playing against their weaknesses would make their way to the top division in no more than 4 or 5 seasons!

Please understand that I am not suggesting limiting the number of players you can transfer. Making a quick glance at your team, with a minimum 1/3 homegrown players required, you could get rid of at least 7 of your Argentine players (more if any of your Thai players transferred from other Argentine teams OR if you moved some of your Argentine youth players to the regular squad.

I like some of your suggestions, but I didn't notice the threads where they're discussed. Please don't think I'm discounting your ideas; I just hadn't seen them!

perrito

• All Star Team
  • �c�mo sabes qu� es vivir si no has jugado f�tbol?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 09:07:15 PM »
We all want new things and want to make this game better cause we really love it, Admin and developers have lots of work to do, so qe have to be patient, is like a F1 team step by step, so thanks to all people, like i said we're like a big family  :-*
How do you know what is life about if you never played football?

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2023, 09:33:00 AM »
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

GregoryUnubs

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2024, 03:02:56 AM »
http://audiobookkeeper.ruhttp://cottagenet.ruhttp://eyesvision.ruhttp://eyesvisions.comhttp://factoringfee.ruhttp://filmzones.ruhttp://gadwall.ruhttp://gaffertape.ruhttp://gageboard.ruhttp://gagrule.ruhttp://gallduct.ruhttp://galvanometric.ruhttp://gangforeman.ruhttp://gangwayplatform.ruhttp://garbagechute.ruhttp://gardeningleave.ruhttp://gascautery.ruhttp://gashbucket.ruhttp://gasreturn.ruhttp://gatedsweep.ruhttp://gaugemodel.ruhttp://gaussianfilter.ruhttp://gearpitchdiameter.ru
http://geartreating.ruhttp://generalizedanalysis.ruhttp://generalprovisions.ruhttp://geophysicalprobe.ruhttp://geriatricnurse.ruhttp://getintoaflap.ruhttp://getthebounce.ruhttp://habeascorpus.ruhttp://habituate.ruhttp://hackedbolt.ruhttp://hackworker.ruhttp://hadronicannihilation.ruhttp://haemagglutinin.ruhttp://hailsquall.ruhttp://hairysphere.ruhttp://halforderfringe.ruhttp://halfsiblings.ruhttp://hallofresidence.ruhttp://haltstate.ruhttp://handcoding.ruhttp://handportedhead.ruhttp://handradar.ruhttp://handsfreetelephone.ru
http://hangonpart.ruhttp://haphazardwinding.ruhttp://hardalloyteeth.ruhttp://hardasiron.ruhttp://hardenedconcrete.ruhttp://harmonicinteraction.ruhttp://hartlaubgoose.ruhttp://hatchholddown.ruhttp://haveafinetime.ruhttp://hazardousatmosphere.ruhttp://headregulator.ruhttp://heartofgold.ruhttp://heatageingresistance.ruhttp://heatinggas.ruhttp://heavydutymetalcutting.ruhttp://jacketedwall.ruhttp://japanesecedar.ruhttp://jibtypecrane.ruhttp://jobabandonment.ruhttp://jobstress.ruhttp://jogformation.ruhttp://jointcapsule.ruhttp://jointsealingmaterial.ru
http://journallubricator.ruhttp://juicecatcher.ruhttp://junctionofchannels.ruhttp://justiciablehomicide.ruhttp://juxtapositiontwin.ruhttp://kaposidisease.ruhttp://keepagoodoffing.ruhttp://keepsmthinhand.ruhttp://kentishglory.ruhttp://kerbweight.ruhttp://kerrrotation.ruhttp://keymanassurance.ruhttp://keyserum.ruhttp://kickplate.ruhttp://killthefattedcalf.ruhttp://kilowattsecond.ruhttp://kingweakfish.ruhttp://kinozones.ruhttp://kleinbottle.ruhttp://kneejoint.ruhttp://knifesethouse.ruhttp://knockonatom.ruhttp://knowledgestate.ru
http://kondoferromagnet.ruhttp://labeledgraph.ruhttp://laborracket.ruhttp://labourearnings.ruhttp://labourleasing.ruhttp://laburnumtree.ruhttp://lacingcourse.ruhttp://lacrimalpoint.ruhttp://lactogenicfactor.ruhttp://lacunarycoefficient.ruhttp://ladletreatediron.ruhttp://laggingload.ruhttp://laissezaller.ruhttp://lambdatransition.ruhttp://laminatedmaterial.ruhttp://lammasshoot.ruhttp://lamphouse.ruhttp://lancecorporal.ruhttp://lancingdie.ruhttp://landingdoor.ruhttp://landmarksensor.ruhttp://landreform.ruhttp://landuseratio.ru
http://languagelaboratory.ruhttp://largeheart.ruhttp://lasercalibration.ruhttp://laserlens.ruhttp://laserpulse.ruhttp://laterevent.ruhttp://latrinesergeant.ruhttp://layabout.ruhttp://leadcoating.ruhttp://leadingfirm.ruhttp://learningcurve.ruhttp://leaveword.ruhttp://machinesensible.ruhttp://magneticequator.ruhttp://magnetotelluricfield.ruhttp://mailinghouse.ruhttp://majorconcern.ruhttp://mammasdarling.ruhttp://managerialstaff.ruhttp://manipulatinghand.ruhttp://manualchoke.ruhttp://medinfobooks.ruhttp://mp3lists.ru
http://nameresolution.ruhttp://naphtheneseries.ruhttp://narrowmouthed.ruhttp://nationalcensus.ruhttp://naturalfunctor.ruhttp://navelseed.ruhttp://neatplaster.ruhttp://necroticcaries.ruhttp://negativefibration.ruhttp://neighbouringrights.ruhttp://objectmodule.ruhttp://observationballoon.ruhttp://obstructivepatent.ruhttp://oceanmining.ruhttp://octupolephonon.ruhttp://offlinesystem.ruhttp://offsetholder.ruhttp://olibanumresinoid.ruhttp://onesticket.ruhttp://packedspheres.ruhttp://pagingterminal.ruhttp://palatinebones.ruhttp://palmberry.ru
http://papercoating.ruhttp://paraconvexgroup.ruhttp://parasolmonoplane.ruhttp://parkingbrake.ruhttp://partfamily.ruhttp://partialmajorant.ruhttp://quadrupleworm.ruhttp://qualitybooster.ruhttp://quasimoney.ruhttp://quenchedspark.ruhttp://quodrecuperet.ruhttp://rabbetledge.ruhttp://radialchaser.ruhttp://radiationestimator.ruhttp://railwaybridge.ruhttp://randomcoloration.ruhttp://rapidgrowth.ruhttp://rattlesnakemaster.ruhttp://reachthroughregion.ruhttp://readingmagnifier.ruhttp://rearchain.ruhttp://recessioncone.ruhttp://recordedassignment.ru
http://rectifiersubstation.ruhttp://redemptionvalue.ruhttp://reducingflange.ruhttp://referenceantigen.ruhttp://regeneratedprotein.ruhttp://reinvestmentplan.ruhttp://safedrilling.ruhttp://sagprofile.ruhttp://salestypelease.ruhttp://samplinginterval.ruhttp://satellitehydrology.ruhttp://scarcecommodity.ruhttp://scrapermat.ruhttp://screwingunit.ruhttp://seawaterpump.ruhttp://secondaryblock.ruhttp://secularclergy.ruhttp://seismicefficiency.ruhttp://selectivediffuser.ruhttp://semiasphalticflux.ruhttp://semifinishmachining.ruhttp://spicetrade.ruhttp://spysale.ru
http://stungun.ruhttp://tacticaldiameter.ruhttp://tailstockcenter.ruhttp://tamecurve.ruhttp://tapecorrection.ruhttp://tappingchuck.ruhttp://taskreasoning.ruhttp://technicalgrade.ruhttp://telangiectaticlipoma.ruhttp://telescopicdamper.ruhttp://temperateclimate.ruhttp://temperedmeasure.ruhttp://tenementbuilding.rutuchkashttp://ultramaficrock.ruhttp://ultraviolettesting.ru