Author Topic: English Premier League  (Read 32102 times)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
Re: English Premier League
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2011, 06:16:54 PM »
After watching today's matches, I'd have to say that the "new" Arsenal doesn't look much better than the "old" team. They were lucky to get that free shot handed to them; it should have been a nil-all draw. I will be surprised if they manage to survive past the group stage in the CL. Liverpool and Suarez should have done better today...it's a pity they couldn't manage to nick even a single point from their match today...the  missed stoppage time chance for Suarez on an open goal was hard to believe!

Meanwhile, Daniel Sturridge manages to equal Torres' 17-match goal tally with Chelsea in his first match of the season for the blues. Since the transfer window last season, Sturridge has outscored Torres 10 to 1 in league play...only the recent Iraq war was a bigger waste of money.

And each of the two Manchester clubs manage their second hat-trick in as many matches. It almost looks like the EPL is going to be a 2 horse race this season. Is anyone going to be able to challenge Rooney, Aguero, Chicharito, or Dzeko for the golden boot this year? Maybe Suarez if he can avoid choking on his chances...

Never sacrifice passion for glory!

perrito

• All Star Team
  • �c�mo sabes qu� es vivir si no has jugado f�tbol?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2011, 07:46:43 PM »
What happen to Arsenal, why thay're like this this season?
How do you know what is life about if you never played football?

Azerbaijan_Manager

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2011, 08:42:03 PM »
because     better  players  were sold 

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 04:19:48 AM »
Wenger's thanking his lucky stars for the team's upcoming string of "easy" fixtures (4/6)...but the trips to Tottenham and Stamford Bridge will be key to Arsene's future. I bet they get rid of him if the Gunners aren't in the top 6 by the winter transfer window. :(

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2011, 05:52:28 PM »
Does anyone play Premier League Fantasy football? If you're interested, make your team at http://fantasy.premierleague.com or just join the GoKickoff head-to-head league with code 6096-491719. Starts gameweek 5 (this weekend)!!!

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2011, 02:06:01 AM »
WOW Blackburn beats Arsenal...2 own goals by the gunners??!?!! I think Arsene might be packing his bags, friends. It's too bad, since his name sounds so much like Arsenal, lol. Why didn't they play Gibbs? He'd have been a better choice, I think.

Can't wait for the second Manchester vs London clash of the season. Last time (2 weeks ago) it was Manchester 13 (North) London 3  :)

My prediction this time would suggest a more even matchup, but the same result: Manchester 5 West London 2
we'll see...

The Result: Manchester 5, W London 3
Edit:update
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:00:11 PM by Champione »

Kola

• National Team
  • Norwegian/Global Mod
    • View Profile
    • Team ID
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2011, 08:14:47 PM »
City-Everton next week, cant wait :)
Manager for: http://www.gokickoff.com/team_overviews.php
Norwegian C-1
Moderator for: Norway, Global Off Topic
Translator: Norway (Part 2 finished)

EST. season 3

intervention

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2011, 08:49:02 PM »
LOL I am an Arsenal supporter  :o

In Wenger i trust, too early to write the Gunners or Arsen off  ;)

There is a lot of talk about Wenger packing his bags, but i for one can not forget how brilliant he has been at Arsenal and how he has changed the Arsenal culture... Only Nottingham forrest (in their hay day of course) under Brian Clough had managed to achieve what Arsene did in the 'untouchable' season! Along with some impressive trophies (yes yes still missing the Champions league  :'()!

Even if the Arsenal does have a poor season (like Liverpool last season) we will still be in the premiership and will be at large improved on this season  8)

Lets also not forget that after that disgusting performance against Man U, Arsene Wenger was offered a job at PSG... one he turned down the same day  ;)

Anyway... rant over  :P

Are Arsenal the best team in the world... lol no! Are they the best team in the Premiership... no! But hey... i love them  :)
Talking is good, arguing is bad... telling the difference is genius :D

Roostophe

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2011, 09:00:48 PM »
As usual, I seem to be the only Aston Villa fan around.

Had a good beginning to the season. Unbeaten in the league, but only won two matches. However, we've got to travel to Manchester City after the international break, so this unbeaten run isn't going to last much longer.

Sir Vio Ferguson

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2011, 06:17:10 AM »
I'm a Man U fan  :D
Team: Black Boy
League : Top Level
Manager: Sir Vio Ferguson

Romania Language Assistant
Romania Forum Moderator

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2011, 10:58:39 PM »
Manchester City!!!! Winning the FA Cup was just a warm up. Now they're going to win the league. Watch out United!

Are you City fan? Me too..

No way! Just a ManUre hater
 :D

Dinas Abertawe ar gyfer bywyd! (Swansea City for Life!)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:59:08 PM by Brian Clough »

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2011, 01:26:14 AM »
haha - blue moons rise only once every 50 years...
 ;)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:01:18 PM by Brian Clough »

Roostophe

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2011, 09:28:22 PM »
I'm a bit bored, so I'm going to make some predictions for this weekend's EPL matches.

Arsenal - Stoke City
Arsenal have turned the corner after the events of the past couple of months. I predict Van Persie being a goalscorer and assist.
I also predict one Arsenal player will be taken off with a bad injury due to Stoke's rough style.
Result: 2 - 1.

Aston Villa - West Bromwich Albion
West Midlands derby, so it's a big game. Villa will want to win after last weekend's damage caused by Manchester City. Whereas the Baggies will be looking to make it two derby wins in a row after beating Wolverhampton.
Villa Park is not the hostile atmosphere it once was due to stupid fans low attendances, but I can see the Pride of Brum getting the three points and the bragging rights. Agbonlahor to score the winner. Come on Villa!

Blackburn Rovers - Tottenham Hotspur
Blackburn are falling. Their Indian owners haven't looked the most competent club owners you'll ever see, and Rovers' current manager is under pressure. Tottenham are not an easy side, and they'll cruise to a win in this one.
Result: 0 - 2.

Bolton Wanderers - Sunderland
Bolton need to kickstart their season, as do Sunderland. However, it isn't going to happen for either team.
Result: 1 - 1.

Fulham - Everton
I don't know what to predict in this match, other than it to be a goalless draw. Or should that be drawl?
Result: 0 - 0.

Liverpool - Norwich City
Norwich have had a much better time in the Premier League than their last season back in 2004/2005. They also look a better team.
However, they are heading to Anfield. I can't see Liverpool dropping points in this one.

Manchester United - Manchester City
Match of the weekend.
This is a difficult one to predict, but that they're at Old Trafford is why I'm predicting a United win.
I'm not expecting a Rooney overhead kick, but he could well score in this one. Ashley Young could make something out of a freekick. Kun Aguero and Silva get Citeh's. Should be a thrilling game.
Result: 3 - 2.

Newcastle United - Wigan Athletic
Newcastle are flying right now. Wigan are not a fanciable team. Newcastle to win by a near-humiliating margin.
Result: 4 - 0.

Queens Park Rangers - Chelsea
QPR have yet to win at home this season, and Chelsea are, well, Chelsea. But not the Chelsea from 1996, when these two last met in the league.
This is another derby this weekend. So will be difficult to predict. I'll play it safe and say Chelsea will get a good win.
Result: 0 - 2.

Wolverhampton Wanderers - Swansea City
Wolves haven't done too well so far, but a match like this is good to kickstart their league campaign. It'll be a tight game, but home advantage will play a big part with Wolves looking to bounce back from defeat to their hated rivals West Brom.
Result: 1 - 0.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:31:43 PM by Roostophe »

Sir Vio Ferguson

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2011, 06:29:14 AM »
Manchester United - Manchester City
Match of the weekend.
This is a difficult one to predict, but that they're at Old Trafford is why I'm predicting a United win.
I'm not expecting a Rooney overhead kick, but he could well score in this one. Ashley Young could make something out of a freekick. Kun Aguero and Silva get Citeh's. Should be a thrilling game.
Result: 3 - 2.
May God listen to you  :D
Team: Black Boy
League : Top Level
Manager: Sir Vio Ferguson

Romania Language Assistant
Romania Forum Moderator

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
At halftime, it looks like God might have other plans... :)

At full time, there's no question.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 02:49:17 PM by Champione »

ultra_rosso_nero

• National Team
  • "Ultras way of life! "
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2011, 06:16:06 PM »
What a shame for Man Utd !

Roostophe

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »
I forgot, I don't normally do predictions because I'M SO BAD AT THEM!  :'(

3 out of 10 predictions correct. Terrible. Just terrible.  :(

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2011, 01:48:05 AM »
Well it looks like things have gone from strange to outright bizarre this season in the Premier League.

The Newcastle-ManU result last week was a travesty. United missed so many chances and that penalty call was atrocious. The last time they scored more than a single goal in a match was October 1 - since which their combined scores have been Man U 6 all opponents 8! Their form in the Champions League has been less than sparkling too...I wouldn't be surprised to see a Manchester Derby in the Europa league next year. But the other PL clubs haven't fared all that well either. At least City can use the excuse they were in the "group of death". Only Arsenal looks sure to advance to the round of 16. If that happens, it seems quite likely that at least 6 premier league clubs will be in the Europa round of 32!

Surely, no one would have thought that the Toon Army would be in the top 5 at this point in the season after parting with Carrol, Nolan, Enrique, and Barton in the past year. Meanwhile the worst of the newly promoted clubs (Swansea) is 5 points clear of the relegation zone. Strange.
 :-\

While Man City have the best start in the history of the PL, they barely scrapped a point from their match at Ainfeld last week. Almost surely out the the running for a spot in the CL round of 16, it's hard to imagine anyone else topping the league.

But then this is football, and ANYTHING is possible. However, I will make the audacious prediction that Chelsea doesn't make it to Europe at all next season unless they can sneak in on the Fair Play rule.
 :o

But Liverpool will be back in Europe next season...that's my guess!

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2012, 07:11:01 AM »
It's nice to see a small club doing so well...

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:06:49 PM by Brian Clough »

Roostophe

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2012, 10:59:29 PM »
And that's another season done. 20 years of the Premier League, surely it hasn't always been this crazy?  :o

There have been so many talking points. Some of which are good (Man City finally getting one over their neighbours; a Welsh club makes its mark; Newcastle's delightful football) Some bad (John Terry and Luis Suarez's racism incidents; Carlos Tevez being a massive tit), and then the sad (Gary Speed's suicide; Muamba's sudden collapse; Stan Petrov diagnosed with Leukaemia).

It's probably been fun for many people: Neutrals, worldwide fans, Manchester City fans. It's definitely a season we'll be remembering for some time.

However, for me, it's been a pretty shite season.
Remember when, two years ago, Aston Villa were battling for fourth place, playing some great football and getting some brilliant victories? That was good wasn't it.

38 points, our lowest ever Premier League total. Seven wins all season. Horrible, horrible style of play. Best players sold and not replaced. Devastated by injury. It's been bloody awful.
How we managed to stay up, I don't know.

What will happen in the next three months?  ::)

Roostophe

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2012, 03:20:56 PM »
Well, we sacked our manager today. So, that's a start.  ???

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2012, 04:37:06 PM »
Well, we sacked our manager today. So, that's a start.  ???
Yeah Villa had a shite season...part of your problem was a missing Darren Bent, what ever happened with N'Zogbia? Better luck next season :)
Good thing they can't do that in GKO!

"I swear you'll never see anything like it ever again! Watch it! Drink it in!"-Martin Tyler after Aguero scored the goal v QPR that made City champions of the EPL

:))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:05:27 PM by Brian Clough »

Roostophe

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2012, 08:58:32 PM »
City becoming champions was inevitable since they were sold to Sheikh Mansour.

You can only feel happy for the City fans. When United were becoming the biggest club in the world, City were playing in the lower divisions. The season United won the treble was the same season City clawed their way out of Division 2 (now League 1).

Hell, the season City last won the League, United won the European Cup. United have always seemed to get one over City no matter what.

But the agony is over now for long-suffering fans of 'Citeh'. Finally got one over the neighbours.

Yeah Villa had a shite season...part of your problem was a missing Darren Bent, what ever happened with N'Zogbia? Better luck next season :)

N'Zogbia struggled to fit in all season. He hardly seemed interested at times. Just didn't seem to work out the way we expected to.

kenttroup

• Youth team
    • View Profile
    • Details Family First
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2012, 02:33:01 PM »
In English premier league my favorite team is Manchester United. Because they have  A Alex Ferguson. I like him.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:39:30 AM by Brian Clough »
If you believe we need to protect the strong values that this country was established on then please support Family First.

Details Family First

perrito

• All Star Team
  • �c�mo sabes qu� es vivir si no has jugado f�tbol?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2012, 06:57:24 AM »
Is City going to win again?  :-\
How do you know what is life about if you never played football?