Author Topic: Feedback from last league match please.  (Read 4648 times)

kschuster

• Youth team
    • View Profile
Feedback from last league match please.
« on: May 04, 2016, 10:17:39 PM »
Recently had a league match that I was a little disappointed to have only earned a draw from.  I was wondering if I could get some feedback from some experienced players (I'm new to the game) as I am trying to figure out the match engine. 

Here is the match ID: 11872237

I recently bought a young AML with some nice technical stats.  They are as follows:

Davresh Nurijanian

Technique
Set Pieces   6
Crossing   15
Dribbling   17

Finishing   6
Heading   4
Long shots   6
Marking   6
Passing   19
Tackling   8
Technique   12   

Mental
Aggression   13
Creativity   6
Decisions   4
Determination   6
Influence   13
Positioning   4
Off the ball   8
Teamwork   4

Physical
Acceleration   11
Agility   15
Balance   4
Jumping   6
Pace   12
Stamina   8
Strength   11 

I focused passing down his flank and from the match report it looked like he had a lot of attempts at creating chances, but hardly anything worked out--He earned a 4 rating for the match :'(

Does this player need to be more well rounded to be effective in this game?  Was the defender just too much for him in the match?  Were my tactics not suitable for this player's skill-set?  Any and all help is appreciated.  Thanks!   

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
Re: Feedback from last league match please.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 02:36:42 AM »
kschuster, here's the short answer  :P

I'd say his poor performance was mainly due to his lack of adaptation to your team combined with a lack of experience in general. Unfortunately adaptation rate and experience gain rate are both hidden stats, so there is no way to tell just how long it may take for him to adapt. Usually it takes anywhere from around a month to around 6 months from purchase to full adaptation. Experience gain rates generally vary between 1 star/30 games to 1 star/60 games or so.

The player is by no means "world class" but his skills are around average or even slightly above average for your league. He should do much better once he has fully adapted to your team and more so as he improves his skills as he reaches his LA.

Moving forward, I'd suggest you focus on training off the ball, stamina, and speed (acceleration and pace) if you like to use the "more roaming" tactic, although you should check those links lordaust posted if you want to use different tactics. Use him at least 30 minutes in as many games as possible to speed his adaptation and experience gain!

Good luck  :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:55:58 AM by Brian Clough »
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

kschuster

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 12:15:02 AM »
Wow Lordaust--Thank you for putting in the time for such a comprehensive answer.  Brian, thank you as well for some elaboration to help clarify.  What you both say makes sense.  It seems that more skills are needed in multiple categories as opposed to high skill valuations in technical ability.

Until I can get the type of team composition I want, do you guys recommend just going balanced/default for my tactical choices?  I don't want to penalize myself from my tactics on match day.   

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 06:28:37 AM »
Until I can get the type of team composition I want, do you guys recommend just going balanced/default for my tactical choices?  I don't want to penalize myself from my tactics on match day.   

maybe...but this depends on your team.

I'd recommend making a spreadsheet so you can calculate your players' tactical scores and determine which tactic is best for your team, just remember that other factors (experience & adaptation as well as your overall teamwork average) also factor in.

As for the team philosophy (dynamic/balanced/standing), you should set this based on how certain you are your team instructions will work for you.
Never sacrifice passion for glory!