Author Topic: What's wrong with this game  (Read 6389 times)

Aureliano71

• Youth team
    • View Profile
What's wrong with this game
« on: December 19, 2010, 09:35:27 PM »
I got experience in different manager games such as Hattrick (800.000 users now), GoalUnited (1.200.000), BuzzerBeater (unknown, but 5.500 only in Italy), so i think i could say i'm an experienced manager and i can give a first valutation of this game.

1) Starting team MUST be of similar strenght, that's what happens in all games. I complain for my starting team without players over 100k value and only 3 over 90k, but even if i had a stronger one this shouldn't happen. Somebody had a couple of players over 200k and several over 100k. If 2 teams created right now have a match and the result is 5-0 there's something wrong. Everybody must start at same level.

2) Training every day is simply stupid. ALL managerial have weekly training in order to allow people not to stay connected to the game every day. What if i have to go on vacation and i can't setup the training? When there's a match the training is more efficient, and i could eventually think to change it. If i'm at home, obviously...

3) Same problem for the starting 11, it's not possible to setup other than next match, so you can't stay without logging for more than 3 days or you cannot change formation.

4) Energy ---> Transfer Market ---> Scout report to see others offers ---> Everything wrong. Should see highest offer at the moment, all the rest doesn't matter (like how many offers, medium offer)

5) I reported some multiaccounters first time about a month ago. Nothing happened, the cheaters are still alive with all their teams.

6) Tactics are almost unuseful. Who has better players wins and better players are the more valuable. That's all, i think the match engine is very poor. This is understandable also from the Live-Action thing. Few kinds of actions, all similar. You change tactic? Same actions.

7) Game speed decreased drammatically since i started playing. What's wrong with your servers?

So Admin, i have no dubt you are a kind and goodwilling guy, but sometimes it looks like developers of this game haven't seen another one before creating Gokickoff. Looks more like an arcade game than a managerial.
If you want this game to gain users from others, then try to create something better or at least competitive.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 09:37:03 PM by Aureliano71 »

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
Re: What's wrong with this game
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 02:51:21 AM »
Dear Aureliano71,

1. Many people mistaken about the value of the player. A player with twice the price is not twice as good.
In other words,  the value of a player tends to increase faster than his ability.

For this reason, the ability of a player with value over 200k is only a bit better than a player value 100k.
You can notice this trend in the transfer market. Hence, it is advisible to think carefully before buying player
look at many things rather than just his estimated price.

Moreover, the price of a player is not calculated from his overall ability but it is estimated from the
ability that seems to be very useful for his playing position.
You may notice the value of some forwarders are
very high but only Dribbling, Finishing, Heading, Off the ball, and Pace are high. The other attributes are so-so.
While on the other hand, you may notice that a MC that has an estimated value over 100K is rare. This is because
greater range of attributes are taken into account when the system evaluate his price. Therfore, a MC with price 100K
isn't necessary weaker than a FC with price 200K

2. Most people don't change their training schedule very often unless their coaches and facilities are very good.
However, in the future we can setup weekly training program

(may be for premium account - not sure about that I'm just the forum admin)

3. In the future, we may have this feature. (may be for premium account - not sure about that I'm just the forum admin)

4. I understand what you mean but if everyone knows the highest offer the bid will most likely continue to
the very last seconds and a player with slower internet connection may lose the bid. Anyway, we're considering
about this issue and major change like this will be between seasons.

5. A cheater is not banned immediately. He/She will be warned and money will be deducated for his/her very first time.
If he/she continue to cheat, we will ban the account.  Some are active because there explain that
they are brother or sister using the same machine but do not trade players between their accounts.

6. Can I disagree with this. There are many examples where tactics are very important.
Let's take this match as an example http://www.gokickoff.com/team_match_detail.php?match_id=172225.
If one said that only the value of the players are only taken into account. How come Mujahedeen has been defeated by NoMoney Club ?
NoMoney Club doesn't have any player over 100K but Mujahedeen has 5 players with value over 100K (3 players with value very close to 200K).
I also notice that there are lots of cases where the league's top team is defeated by the league's bottom team.
Tactic changes the game but if you want the change to be apparent you have to set your Philosophy to be "Very Standing"
and Creative Freedom to  be "More discipline".  Anyway, we often improve our game engine and will continue to improve it every season.

7. We use top of the line servers from SoftLayer. Anyway, we will double check this issue and see whether
the network or the servers are resposible for this problem. If it is with the server, we may add more server(s).

Also, if the match report doesn't have to be refresh it may be faster.

MvcL

• Professional team
  • "The Legacy Legend Club - Fundation 2010/11/08" #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 02:45:11 PM »
Your opinion is very important Aurelian, only that I agree with admin, maybe you're thinking in the games you played that is not learning to play a different game engine, it's like you wanted his current wife did the things how old are you just secede from the former that he did not think it proper for a wife, the game requires patience since we're in season, in addition I am frank to tell you that you have not played other games since the beginning If you want to know the lives of leaders there was more complicated than it is today, try to learn to play differently something that is different, the great leader stands out because it is flexible to the situation.

cheers 8)

Aureliano71

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 05:03:38 PM »
Your opinion is very important Aurelian, only that I agree with admin, maybe you're thinking in the games you played that is not learning to play a different game engine, it's like you wanted his current wife did the things how old are you just secede from the former that he did not think it proper for a wife, the game requires patience since we're in season, in addition I am frank to tell you that you have not played other games since the beginning If you want to know the lives of leaders there was more complicated than it is today, try to learn to play differently something that is different, the great leader stands out because it is flexible to the situation.

cheers 8)

I'm a little surprised that someone could think something like this... i'm not here to be a leader, i'm here to play and have fun, like everyone should.
If you think to be here to show somebody what a great leader you are, well... imho there's something wrong in your brain but what could be expected from people that voted Tiririca into federal parliament?

Anyway, i tried this game fo 2 months and i don't agree with admin's answers. In my opinion stronger players are the most valuable, they always decide the matches. Training is something crazy.

So, after 2 months i decided i had enough of Gokickoff and i will spend better my time.

L scott

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 07:16:04 PM »
Then cul8er cuz we dont need people like you in this great game.

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 08:14:42 PM »
Why are You so rude to him? Since from discussion is not allowed?

He had right at some points. I agree with him that player with higher value play better. And this is unfair that new managers get so diffrent team  in power!
And there should be no mercy for cheaters!!! They should be forced out of this game. I think that at the time of investigetion transfers between that teams should bo forbidden.
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

henry148

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
If a MC priced at 100k is just as good as a FC priced at 200k, you implemented values wrong. Its as simple as that really. :)
Sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, buuut the outcome of this will be that more yougsters will be trained as FC than MC, because thats where the money is. And money is everything en every game.
[/quote]

SO there will be more FC on the transfer market and they will be cheaper and A 200k FC will be worth 100k on the transfer market and everyone will be having such FC. This is how it works...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:28:51 PM by henry148 »

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 04:38:00 AM »
In the market, people often pay good for a decent midfielder.
You can see this trend in the transfer market.
Estimated value is just a price being estimated by the system.
Please don't be obsess with it. Focus more on the attributes that you like.