Author Topic: Disparity between big and small GKO nations  (Read 23262 times)

spamrulez

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
Re: Disparity between big and small GKO nations
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 05:08:31 PM »
The Bermuda's Toplevel is a really easy league.

There's a player of my accademy playing in Swagga FC, a team who's playing since season 5 and that was created in the Toplevel and never went under the 4th position. Well in that team is the bomber is a CA5 that scored 38 times in 35 games with a wage of 3.200 G and a transfert cost of 125.000 G. I could say it's easy and cheap having a good team in there.

Where's the point in complaining for 500k less in the league prize?
Spam Rulez manager of Astronomy Domine
an italian team since season 1

Red

• National Team
  • Red Devils 21 (278068)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 05:15:25 PM »
Structure of this game is not perfect and probably will never be...In my opinion all country's should start this game in
continental league's (exept big ones from very begining) with same rights,once reach 30-50 active users their national league start next season but now is too late...
To make it clear.
For example Nigeria and other "small" country from Africa start up GKO career in Africa Continental league and same in Europe,America etc.Managers can play against real guys in Top level B league C league and maybe more.Clubs will get same G's awards like big country's and get more challange to win a league etc.Once one of them for example Nigeria reach 30-50 ACTIVE users next season Nigeria league will be created but think we can dream about that.
I will buy young players with PR 5 and higher,send me your offer.

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 05:22:44 PM »
 ;) I would agree with the your point about it being hard for those in your lower leagues to gain promotion and agree that it might take a lot of time, but you must also agree that once they reach that Top Level, they will reach a position that is not available to managers of smaller countries. Pound for pound, we stand well against most other lower leagues but in comparison to those players, like your mentor Carlos, we stand on an unfair footing when the dust settles. I respect Carlos but I do not respect his opinion on this topic nor do I respect the dues he had to pay in his league. That is irrelevant to my case here and to bring the lower leagues into this is also irrelevant. We want parity. We want a Top League that is competitive with the world and one step towards that is fair reward.

I don't view being from a small country as a punishment. This is my country after all so its neither a choice or something I dislike. I don't want to be in any other league but here but I do think its fair that we all be on the same footing.... including those in the lower leagues. This isn't reality after all. This is a game and I don't think the intention here is to reward the people who got here first.

To answer Spam, the point is what future does that player have when its time to compete against your club in the WCL. Swagger FC has visited the qualifier rounds several times but it isn't something the manager of that club views as a priority. League glory is more important to Swagger in my opinion judging from his lack of interest in the WCL or Bermudas ranking there in general. I have seen your player and he has found a niche in this league but I still question his long term future with several clubs quickly closing the gap at the top of this league. Last year there were small differences at the top and when the dust settled, it wasn't the LA5 striker that took home the league title. There was some cup glory but it certainly was on the back of the Bermuda Nat. Team defender and not that striker(and a little mots help). We have all heard the argument about LA players and what is or isn't worth investing in. The advice from those managers I trust tells me that nothing less than 10 will challenge for international glory. As far as I am concerned, buying a LA5 striker with my goals is a waste of G.

Its not about a few 100K... its more than that. You need to take into account all the league rewards. That means the payout to everyone in the league. The prorated valuation hurts the league, not just one or two players. So I make 300K for winning the league... 5th place gets what, 50K?
That is madness.
Hibury FC

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 05:33:07 PM »
Let's all take a deep breath.

I wonder what is the difference?

Let's use Sopelana's and Drifter's teams as a case study. Sopelana starts in 5th level and takes 5 seasons to reach top level when, we can assume, the income from ticket sales becomes the same, at least hypothetically.

Sopelana
season(league)     avg attendance         total income from league ticket sales*
1 (D)                               7K                               735K
2 (E)                               10K                              1.05M
3 (D)                               12.5K                           1.313M   
4 (C)                               14.5K                           1.523M
5 (B)                               19K                              1.995M
Total                                                                   6.616M

Hibury
season(league)     avg attendance         total income from league ticket sales*
1 (D)                               7.5K                              788K
2 (E)                               18K                               1.89M
3 (D)                               20K                               2.1M   
4 (C)                               20K                               2.1M
5 (B)                               20K                               2.1M
Total                                                                   8.978M

*based on 7G profit per attendee and 15 league matches/season

So...in their first 5 full seasons, Hibury earned ~2.36M (35%) more than Sopelana from league ticket sales.
League prizes were roughly the same during this time, and both played roughly the same number of cup matches. Hibury won 3 league cups in that time (worth ~1,5M together) and Sopelana won one (worth 1.5M), again equal.

Now let's take the next few seasons into account, during which both teams are in the top level.
Sopelana finished in his league's top 3 in the next 4 seasons, worth a total of 3.1M AND he won his league cup twice, worth 3M and won the WCL worth another 3M, for a grand total of 9.1M
Hibury won his league in his 6th and 7th seasons, worth 600K...If we assume he can continue this form, he'll have earned 1.2M in 4 seasons. Similarly, Hibury reached the cup final in both of the next 2 seasons, worth 500K...if we double that to extrapolate out to 4 seasons, it would be worth a total of 1M

All else being equal, and even if we subtract the 3M Sopelana won in the WCL, Sopelana's prize winnings outpaced Hibury's by (6.1M-2.2M) = 3.9M in their next 4 seasons, nearly double that of the Bermuda club. However, the wage bill for a top Spanish team is surely much higher than a Bermudan club, but this is difficult to calculate...maybe 250K-500K higher per season depending on player level, experience, and squad size.

The conclusion that can be drawn from this is that the earning potential between a top Spanish manager and a Top Bermuda manager is:
- 30-40% higher for the Bermuda manager during the first 5 seasons
- 150-200% higher for the Spanish manager during the next 4 seasons

This is where Hibury and other managers in Bermuda or other similar nations must feel frustrated. The Spanish manager's earning potential outpaced the Bermudan's by their 7th season, and the gap only got wider from that point on. Drifter has a fair argument that this disparity even helped Sopelana reach the WCL final, something that must seem well out of reach for his club and those of his countrymen.

I think that, in theory, a small nation like Bermuda will have grown to have a 2nd level in this time, and the implementation of standard league prizes, making these nations more equal. Here is the real issue, Bermuda has grown and does deserve a 2nd level now. I sincerely hope that the developers take notice and provide this by next season at the very latest. Otherwise, I fear Bermuda managers will abandon the game, and the dream of equality will evaporate forever.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:59:27 PM by Brian Clough »
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2014, 05:42:52 PM »
 ;) Thank you for doing the Math for everyone Brian. I feel that all Bermuda managers thank you for doing this research for us and pointing out something Bermuda managers have been frustrated with. The numbers actually get much worse when you consider those who are not winning league titles in Bermuda, not going to the WCL and not winning any cup money. It gets even worse if they aren't premium members. I feel for the managers in Bermuda and it has always been the reason I play... to gain glory for my country. I feel that this problem isn't exclusive to my country alone but think of all the countries where managers must be fighting against these constraints.

In Bermuda, those with WCL goals can't afford to have small teams. We need to grow our talent because we just can't afford to pay what managers from Big countries have for those players. Better league reward is a move in the right direction.
Hibury FC

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 05:59:24 PM »
Just a question, does winning top level have the same difficult in both countries? Why don't we do some math about a new team's chance to win top level after 5 seasons? Winning spanish top level after 5 seasons is close to imposible, winning Bermuda top level for a newbie might take 3 seasons at most (if you are good enough), stadium level required (to make home aevantage worth), are different, CA/LA level required are different and error margin is different, come on! There is a bot team in Bermuda top level, in Spain all teams you meet are seasoned managers and most of them are active, or have tough squads despite their low activity rate.
In the meantime, there is a team in Bermuda top level with a stadium with 10.000 seats and finances secure (so he's got at least the 1M required to build another 10k seats, is our fault that this team is still suck?

Brian, your math are always welcome, could you do the same with some argentinian teams who never won thetop level league? Look at Bananas Jrs, Estudiantes de Olavarria, Torticolis, Fc Tigres-Vengalas and tell me, who got more money all these seasons? Who does have a stronger squad and bigger facilities? Drifter might find that analysis interesting....

About the NT stuff, i understand that collecting 50 active users is really hard for a low populated country like Bermuda, and i think that developers should pay more attention to all the activity that happens here, they should get the chance to manage their NT, but incomes should remain as they are now, unless reaching top level would take some time with them.
If new users in Bermuda league have to start in C level as minimum and they need at least 2 seasons before reaching the top,  wasting time with bots and 1 or 2 active users each season, go on, bring them all the money, else, no way, things are too easy for them.
My team: (95928)

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 06:09:59 PM »
 ;) Fear motivates you. Fear that we will crush you team given a fair playing field. Come to my league and prove that statement. As you said... 3 season. I promise in three you will have won nothing.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:15:21 PM by Drifter »
Hibury FC

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 06:11:01 PM »
Hahaha yeah Drifter, i'm shaking,  i'm terrified ::)

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2014, 06:11:32 PM »
You should add cup, Brian. An E league team on Spain will not win cup, or pass so many rounds (with incomes of money). And what about WCL, he always play it while I must to wait many seasons to play it.

And I would add, that fast money he could did allow him to invest and generate more money. I mean, he could do facilities which give him more money or buy and sell players, while I had to admistrate good my invest to keep balance.

When you are a small team in a big country, all your incomes come from stadium. And you can't do nothing because them are so low. You are so limited until you begin to generate profits.

I'm quite sure, I would be better than now if I where on small country. But like I said, there are two kinds of teams: teams who do things on rigth way and teams who do not, it doesn't depends on which country it is the team.
Nombre del club : Sopelana C.F. (50354)

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2014, 06:27:04 PM »
 ;) Lets consider that. A team starting out will never qualify for the WCL. With one team given the chance to play in the qualifying rounds it will still be nothing less than 5 season before a team from this league will qualify. Lets look at the history of this. Only Hibury has progress past the qualifying rouds in Bermuda. The arguement is mute given that we can't just become great teams over night either. Lets continue to assess this. League rewards here, as far as I can tell are on par with your 5th division leagues. So once you pass that devision, you are already outpacing the best teams in Bermuda in that respect. Given the math we just saw, with over estimates the earning potential in Bermuda, we can already see that teams from your second and third divisions can out earn teams from the Bermuda top league. Do the math and you will see this as well. The math is only proving what I have been saying all along and the only ones gaining here are those at the very top, I might add, those same people who falsely claim they are trying to close the gap. The reality is, our pace and growth can't even compete with the progressive standards of leagues like Spain due to the fact that their loosing teams out earn our champions. Continue to evaluate this and you will see the near impossibility of any club in Bermuda to effectively promote facility growth without severe sacrifice to the teams effectiveness and similarly no team can push for a competitive team without sacrificing facility growth.
All I hear from my critics is how easy Bermuda and small countries are and how they feel they somehow must be better because they had to climb through the ranks. Fact is, the managers in your lower leagues are better than the ones in your top league simply because the ones who got there late are working harder to close the gap than the slight work you all did to climb to the top in the beginning. I'm not a fool and I am not mesmerized by your successes. I am not flattered by your clubs either. I am certainly not impressed that given a new start you could replicate your successes so lets not have pissing contests. Save that for people who are impressed with that kind of thing. Lets simply look at the facts. The facts seem clear to me and I'm sure a lot of other readers of this forum who have been falsely lead to believe that life in smaller countries is a charmed life.
Hibury FC

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2014, 06:40:31 PM »
Brian, your math are always welcome, could you do the same with some argentinian teams who never won thetop level league? Look at Bananas Jrs, Estudiantes de Olavarria, Torticolis, Fc Tigres-Vengalas and tell me, who got more money all these seasons? Who does have a stronger squad and bigger facilities? Drifter might find that analysis interesting....

Well of course those clubs have won smaller prizes and thus less income. My comparison was more to estimate earning potential between top managers in their respective nations. Similarly, in Bermuda there is ROCKERS FC, Emirates FC, and united fc 2012, all of which have won nothing. To do a proper comparison, I'd have to compare these teams to those you mentioned in Argentina, and I think the results would be similar.

You should add cup, Brian. An E league team on Spain will not win cup, or pass so many rounds (with incomes of money). And what about WCL, he always play it while I must to wait many seasons to play it.

Well I did consider cup matches, you both played around the same number of cup matches during your first 5 seasons, due to the very small size of the Bermuda cup and your reaching the cup final in your 5th season. You make a good point about WCL, though. Hibury played 24 WCL games in their first 5 seasons (they reached the group stages twice), worth around 1.25M. However, if we include both of your WCL earnings from your next 4 seasons (assuming Hibury reaches the group stage either this season or the next), it shows the same pattern as well. Including WCL revenue provides the more  accurate conclusion that the earning potential between a top Spanish manager and a Top Bermuda manager has been:
- 30-50% higher for the Bermuda manager during the first 5 seasons
- 150-300% higher for the Spanish manager during the next 4 seasons

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2014, 06:44:14 PM »
The fact are too clear for me. If I were begun on TOP LEVEL (even wining less price at the end of the season) I would be better than now. You can understand or not.

Why? So easy, at the begining of the game, the incomes from stadium are very low, and you can't do nothing to raise them. With money, is easy to do more money, like I did when I begun to have it. More fast I had it, more fast I grow.

Is like in real life, if I can choose between win a millon euro in your first year working and nothing then, or win 50.000 during next 30 years, I always prefer to win fast that , millon. Why? if I had a millon I would convert it easy and fast in more money than 50.000x30 = 1,5 M.

Then you can do "your maths", but when you will understand how incomes work in GKO, before you will begin to win money.

If you see, the greatest incomes come from buy and sell players, not from prices or stadium. And, when I say the greatest I mean 60-75% or higher. So I always preffer to win here than in prices. But, you don't understand this, is clear, because if you would do, you would not being cry for prices.

And how could you buy and sell players?? Having an amount of money. And how a small team with low incomes from stadium can have them? he can't. And how you could do it? You could, but ONLY you know what you did or not. Like I said, study what you did, and what you can do.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2014, 06:50:09 PM »
Drifter, you are using the math onoy when they are at your advantage when they smile at you, why don't you compare the math between a team in Bermuda league who never became champion and another team who never became champion here? The income advantage you get is HUGE, this discussion is a nonesense, i have been reading your pathetic complain since i met you, this is pointless.
And i don't have any interest on having you mesmerized about my success. This is your 7th squad in the game and nobody respect you despite all the "problems" you had to meet. I started at the very botton, at my 7th season playing the game, my country had 2 World Cups and i won the WCC, i wonder wich manager did better 7 seasons.

Sorry Drifter, i can't take you seriusly, this game goes beyond some math, it is also about difficulties, attitudes and right/wrong decisions, and you are far from most of us there.

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2014, 06:57:11 PM »

Well of course those clubs have won smaller prizes and thus less income. My comparison was more to estimate earning potential between top managers in their respective nations. Similarly, in Bermuda there is ROCKERS FC, Emirates FC, and united fc 2012, all of which have won nothing. To do a proper comparison, I'd have to compare these teams to those you mentioned in Argentina, and I think the results would be similar.

Well I did consider cup matches, you both played around the same number of cup matches during your first 5 seasons, due to the very small size of the Bermuda cup and your reaching the cup final in your 5th season. You make a good point about WCL, though. Hibury played 24 WCL games in their first 5 seasons (they reached the group stages twice), worth around 1.25M. However, if we include both of your WCL earnings from your next 4 seasons (assuming Hibury reaches the group stage either this season or the next), it shows the same pattern as well. Including WCL revenue provides the more  accurate conclusion that the earning potential between a top Spanish manager and a Top Bermuda manager has been:
- 30-50% higher for the Bermuda manager during the first 5 seasons
- 150-300% higher for the Spanish manager during the next 4 seasons

Brian, I can't agree with this calculation because the incomes of the next seasons after 5th season, were because I did a good job. That's the different between me, and a spanish TOP LEVEL user.

I sold my best players to do facilities, I sacrificed my present for my future. Then, the money come from players, not from prices. If Drifter would did academy in spite of other things, he would have more money than me, even I would get more prices. WHY?

First academies were an invest more profitable than nowadays. Do you remember what kind of players come before and what are coming now?. And what was the prices of that players before? That made the diferent and gap between big, medium or small teams. And he had the posibility of do it before me, due to his bigest first seasons incomes. Now is too easy say that the prices are lower. He should take a look about what he did and what he should did.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:58:59 PM by Sopelana »

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2014, 07:11:05 PM »
 ;) More nonsense. I've sold all my best players and keep mostly youth players. I keep only what I need to win the league and gain WCL promotion because if I don't that leaves my club further behind. Fact is, you have an over inflated sense of your abilities as managers and it is fact that you were lucky with player sales. I still don't believe in the best academy theory. Its been tried in Bermuda by other clubs and I always considered this alternate approach less attractive. We need only listen to the complaints from other forums about managers who curse their investments in them. Fact is, I have found better players on the market spending far less on them with similar growth rates by simply trolling the big nations for scraps. I buy young players with good potential in hopes that in time they can compete with managers in Spain who can drop 2 million G on a player and on top of that, pay the signing bonus for his stupid high wages.
Lots of people trying to tell me how it is when I am living it. I understand that you feel you have accomplished something in your leagues and should be rewarded for it, but your leagues are no better than and reguardless of how strong you think our league is, you still have to play to win it and until you have done that, you have no right to speak about this league or the managers who are here. Fact is, you think yourselves better than you really are by claiming the things you claim. We have never been opposed to what ever requirement was asked for parity and we have done much to satisfy those requirements.
As I said before to our critics... spend some money and build a second team in Bermuda so that I can stomp on it and post the scores in the forum each season. :D That would almost be as good as fair prizes for me. :-X
Hibury FC

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2014, 07:18:37 PM »
 ;) Here at Hibury, we don't care if you don't like or respect us and our accomplishments. What we do care about is the Bermuda League. The opinions of FAT and RICH clubs does not concern us. From our perspective, it is in their interest to keep the status Quo.
Hibury FC

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2014, 08:36:29 PM »
Brian, I can't agree with this calculation because the incomes of the next seasons after 5th season, were because I did a good job. That's the different between me, and a spanish TOP LEVEL user.

I sold my best players to do facilities, I sacrificed my present for my future. Then, the money come from players, not from prices. If Drifter would did academy in spite of other things, he would have more money than me, even I would get more prices. WHY?

Ah yes! Now you are getting into the subtleties of what makes a great manager! Perhaps the comparison is not a fair one, but it is the best I could do. It kinda works because you both reached the top level with a big stadium in season 7; you by being promoted, Hibury by starting to play the previous season and building his stadium. To be certain: this kind of comparison only highlights the differences between these league types, not differences between your managerial styles.

First academies were an invest more profitable than nowadays. Do you remember what kind of players come before and what are coming now?. And what was the prices of that players before? That made the diferent and gap between big, medium or small teams. And he had the posibility of do it before me, due to his bigest first seasons incomes. Now is too easy say that the prices are lower. He should take a look about what he did and what he should did.

Well this is a different issue, imho. Undoubtedly those who started early and invested in their academies early have been disproportionately rewarded. I have yet to upgrade my academy to the best, and I am wondering if it is even worth it now. My league rival has the best academy and he didn't get even a LA9 this season. Those ugly youth camps are looking much more attractive these days.
 ::)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:43:09 PM by Brian Clough »

LieCheatNsteal

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2014, 01:39:04 AM »
;) Fear motivates you. Fear that we will crush you team given a fair playing field. Come to my league and prove that statement. As you said... 3 season. I promise in three you will have won nothing.

juz wonderin is he really a bermuda citizen or some random chinese/thai.... take a look at singapore league that my fd is competing, 6-7 human managers, and a while ago some indo ppl registered in sg league and whine about price money too then afk'ed, what the point to debate when ur stadium income is far more huge than league price money?

you whine about less income, we laugh at you from our THE BEST academy in Singapore, that even means we beat u in one of ur loved clubs specialty of munny grubbing, lol.

Feel free to consult us when you wish to know how to really run a club in low human players area. and of course without 2nd team :>
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:00:18 AM by LieCheatNsteal »

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2014, 02:30:38 AM »
 ;) Real Bermudian. Check me out on Facebook. Marcus C. Tucker.
Hibury FC

LieCheatNsteal

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2014, 02:38:09 AM »
for that only : srry and respect , juz hate those foreigners pouring into local leagues
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:42:50 AM by LieCheatNsteal »

panjcof

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2014, 07:01:42 AM »
Guys calm down!  ::)
Drifter i agree with you that every nation should have human manager instead of bots,and that is one of the key factor but of course Admin does not care about it,but there is something you could do about it to help your country grow  8)
Look at my country for example,we didnt have much users so i called all the people I know to join and they called their friends, and so now we built a community. Now when ever new user arrives i send him a welcome message and of course to call his friends to join,so we can become much stronger. That is not the end of my story,each year we elect new manager regardless of a success of NT,and result of all this is participaion on 3 World cups so far (last 2 times in a row),i also managed to reach knock-out round of WCC,so you see there is a formula for success!  8)
Of course I am aware that I can not compete with the stronger NT teams,but that is how things work in real life i just could not imagine that Montenegro or Bermuda beat Argentina,Brazil,Germany etc. in football  :P
Now the real problem here is a big difference in the progress and finances between premium and regular users,and Admin should pay attention about it,cause for me that is the only reason why people leave this game. For me personally i think money price for all Top level winners should be the same,and the teams from strong leagues are in an advantage because they play against strong teams with great reputation which bring them more spectators and of course, more money, while others play with bots and limited earnings. And there is also cup competition where there are more games and much higher income for them. But i note that i support this, because every nation should be strong with growing number of its users,so Drifter bring more friends here cause all this is just about game and fun  8)
As i remember the slogan for this game was "MORE PEOPLE MORE FUN" so lets behave like that  8)

LieCheatNsteal

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2014, 07:18:37 AM »
Guys calm down!  ::)
Drifter i agree with you that every nation should have human manager instead of bots,and that is one of the key factor but of course Admin does not care about it,but there is something you could do about it to help your country grow  8)

based from my experience from another online manager game "Buzzerbeater" I cant support this IF overseas players can buy premium to get in the leagues they arnt from.

lets guess if every nation open 2 slots of NT/U21 per nation , how many chinese or thais will get em?  care to have a rough guess?

I am aware that I can not compete with the stronger NT teams,but that is how things work in real life i just could not imagine that Montenegro or Bermuda beat Argentina,Brazil,Germany etc. in football  :P

yes they could since many premium The Best academy users draw lots of talent with less well known nations, and with a human manager of course

Now the real problem here is a big difference in the progress and finances between premium and regular users,and Admin should pay attention about it,cause for me that is the only reason why people leave this game. For me personally i think money price for all Top level winners should be the same,and the teams from strong leagues are in an advantage because they play against strong teams with great reputation which bring them more spectators and of course, more money, while others play with bots and limited earnings. And there is also cup competition where there are more games and much higher income for them. But i note that i support this, because every nation should be strong with growing number of its users,so Drifter bring more friends here cause all this is just about game and fun  8)
As i remember the slogan for this game was "MORE PEOPLE MORE FUN" so lets behave like that  8)

the real big difference is satellite farming vs non

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »
drifter, i see you invite people to join your league and see how hard it is.

i did it. well, sort of.

you can't invite people to join your league and see how IT WAS 7 seasons ago, when you started.
but i created my second team in an empty league, last season. i got it right after the first round of the cup, and it was already out of the cup, so i settled to get only the championship title. it was not hard to get it, but it was fun. i got the team with 5 rounds to go and it was 9 points behind, on the 7th place. so i got the 300k prize and another 200k from playing a match in wcc. right out of the box.

i have already made the first upgrades to museum, bar, hotel and mega-store, to training grounds, i have almost 15k seats on the stadium and paid for the upgrade to 20k, that will be ready soon, paid for another upgrade to bar and hotel. by the end of this week i'll upgrade the mega-store also and then i think i'll go for a few training ground upgrades. it's easy, really. piece of cake. and i'll also get 2 CA7 players to train. that is significant power for such an easy league, but i'm not interested in better performance, i'm just saying it so you can see that there is a way to get free players that could get you further in wcc. hence, more money for you.

also, you can upgrade your team extremely fast and if you go for bar, hotel and mega-store, they will bring, very fast, much more income the a new team from a D or E level would get, because they need a lot more time to upgrade. a lot more! i know, because i started in D with my first team, i think i was on the 11th place and i didn't manage to climb to 2nd until the end of the season and promote.

but it's a different story for you, because you play since season 6, only in top level and despite the easy ride, you failed to upgrade your team. you should have all the facilities at least one upgrade further. or you should have the academy upgraded to the best.

even if you'll receive 700k more per season, in case you manage to win the league, you'll do nothing useful with that money. you proved it already. you should have chosen a way: money from upgraded facilities or players from upgraded academy. you chose to buy silly players. wrong move. now you don't have money to upgrade nor players from the best academy to sell, so you choose to come here and cry about the prize at the end of the season.

assuming the admin would have made your league 'active' from the prize point of view in the past 3 seasons, you would have 1,75 mil more.
assuming you would have upgraded only your bar to the best, 3 season ago, you would have made around 2,5 mil more than what you make now, from those facilities.

of course, it's easier to just come here and cry about it, instead of actually seeking a way to improve your managerial skills.

there is the other way, of course. to go for academy. yes, it's all about luck, but if you don't like the bar upgrade, maybe you should choose the academy upgrade. this way you'll get better players for your team and for your national teams. you might not get LA10-11 every season, but you'll definitely get much better players than what you get from 'good'.
only a quarter of the LA8 and 9 players from Bermuda are from academies from Bermuda. who's fault is that? it's the fault of the users that don't upgrade. just like yourself.

another issue: the so called 'high user number'. allow me to doubt there are 22 real users in Bermuda. here's why:

ijkjijxdoy : ijkjijxdoy has been established. - ukainean trying to get a team in every league

jassiem : frisswellhill fc has been established.

jassiem : frisswellhill fc has been established.

siemy : king_negusfc has been established.

this is the same person. and there are 2 teams in your top level that have similar ip's with these. and i say similar, not identical, only because i can't see the last 3. all others are the same.

and 2 more teams with fishy ip behavior. and 3 more teams with similar ip's (identical, but the last 3 could be different).

i'm thinking there might be a reason why admin is not expanding this league. a justified reason. could admin open a second level? if he really wanted, yes. could you make him do it? yes, you could ask every friend that is on a different lan to open a team and just remind them to log in once in a while, to make it seem as they are still interested. i'm sure you could find 10 guys and i'm sure admin would fall for this trick.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2014, 04:13:31 PM »
i created my second team in an empty league, last season. i got it right after the first round of the cup, and it was already out of the cup, so i settled to get only the championship title. it was not hard to get it, but it was fun. i got the team with 5 rounds to go and it was 9 points behind, on the 7th place. so i got the 300k prize and another 200k from playing a match in wcc. right out of the box.

Interesting.....

i have already made the first upgrades to museum, bar, hotel and mega-store, to training grounds, i have almost 15k seats on the stadium and paid for the upgrade to 20k, that will be ready soon, paid for another upgrade to bar and hotel. by the end of this week i'll upgrade the mega-store also and then i think i'll go for a few training ground upgrades. it's easy, really. piece of cake. and i'll also get 2 CA7 players to train. that is significant power for such an easy league, but i'm not interested in better performance, i'm just saying it so you can see that there is a way to get free players that could get you further in wcc. hence, more money for you.

That is even more interesting, it took me 3 full seasons to do those improvements.... and according to Brian's calculations, top level's stadium capacity should be on 7,5k now (as Drifter's stadium at the end of his first season), i am watching double improvement pace than previously shown (in stadium capacity terms) and extra facilities improved too.

also, you can upgrade your team extremely fast and if you go for bar, hotel and mega-store, they will bring, very fast, much more income the a new team from a D or E level would get, because they need a lot more time to upgrade. a lot more! i know, because i started in D with my first team, i think i was on the 11th place and i didn't manage to climb to 2nd until the end of the season and promote.

Incomes from matches are lower, so improve those facilities takes more time, but team rating also increases at a lower pace than playing in top level, so weekly incomes from hotel/megastore/bar are also lower.

but it's a different story for you, because you play since season 6, only in top level and despite the easy ride, you failed to upgrade your team. you should have all the facilities at least one upgrade further. or you should have the academy upgraded to the best.

even if you'll receive 700k more per season, in case you manage to win the league, you'll do nothing useful with that money. you proved it already. you should have chosen a way: money from upgraded facilities or players from upgraded academy. you chose to buy silly players. wrong move. now you don't have money to upgrade nor players from the best academy to sell
, so you choose to come here and cry about the prize at the end of the season.

BINGO!!!!!!

assuming the admin would have made your league 'active' from the prize point of view in the past 3 seasons, you would have 1,75 mil more.
assuming you would have upgraded only your bar to the best, 3 season ago, you would have made around 2,5 mil more than what you make now, from those facilities.

Brian, your math are needed now, did he said something wrong?

of course, it's easier to just come here and cry about it, instead of actually seeking a way to improve your managerial skills.

It's not easier, it's A LOT easier.....

I won't quote about those ghost teams, the reason is simple: nobody can be fooled using their existence as a valid argument, they do the opposite effect, because you are not reliable guys.....
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:34:01 PM by Kr10s »

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2014, 04:38:09 PM »
The same I said, More money at the begining more fast growing.. HE MUST THINK ABOUT WHAT HE DID AND WHAT HE SHOULD DID....  when he think about rigth answer, he can change his future.

I will not write anymore about this case. I have it quite clear, just to finish, when I was a small team, I look at bigger clubs to see what they were doing, and after I did my analysis to decided what I should do.

Good luck!!!.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:09:08 PM by Sopelana »