Author Topic: Transfer system  (Read 6323 times)

mathieu29

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
Transfer system
« on: August 25, 2014, 10:38:10 PM »
We all know the transfer system is not perfect (to say the least).
I thought I understood how it worked but I didn't, obviously.

Today I tried to buy a DR I wanted. he was on the market for 755,200, with a salary of 10,300/week.
I really wanted him, and I bet 1,300,000G with a salary of 10,300. Much more than all the other teams which have bet on him.
And I was really surprised not to win. This player went to a team for 755,200 and a salary of 13,000/week.
This team paid 755,200+a salary fee of 108,000 (40x(13000-10300)) = 863,200G
This is much less than what I wanted to give for that player !!!  :o

Does it mean that only the salary proposed is taken into account ??
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:43:39 PM by mathieu29 »
My team : La Rochelle FC
France National U21 Manager (S12-13)
France National Manager (S9-10 / S15-16)

DJNRxx

• Youth team
  • El Indians, Los Rojiblancos, Los Colchoneros!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Transfer system
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:42:32 PM »
Literally, if I was a professional football player, and got offers to the club, within a big value, and a lot difference with that how much I will earn, I'd pick the team that offers me better salary. Well, uhm, this is a game, so actually I think that also kinda has some matter in that how transfers function here. I don't really get it, but it's kinda simple as that: Biggest salary + Similar offer = Successful Transfer.

mathieu29

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 11:50:40 PM »
If we compare to real-life, unless the player is out of contract, the first move is for the team and not the player.
First, the team accepts a transfer fee, and the wage comes afterwards.
In my case, the selling team loses a lot of money and I think this is not fair.
My team : La Rochelle FC
France National U21 Manager (S12-13)
France National Manager (S9-10 / S15-16)

DJNRxx

• Youth team
  • El Indians, Los Rojiblancos, Los Colchoneros!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 12:17:42 AM »
Exactly, but only real life. Also, the player in that situation may refuse/accept the contract, so also, the transfer depends from him.
But let's get back to the real story. As you said, the selling team loses more money, indeed, but I don't think this is classified as a Bug, something more like wrong scripted code. Like, what's the logic in offering a bid, with a difference better than 300-400K, and having the player left, for a nuance better in salary. Don't know should I lol.. Everyone on GKO knows: The game is run by Amateurs. :|

Riccardini

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 02:38:34 AM »
Here's an explanation on how the transfer system works:

Changes to the player transfer system in season 7 http://forum.gokickoff.com/index.php?topic=8189.msg121795#msg121795

Personal advice: wait until the last possible moment to put up your offer. If you really need the player, put a very high wage value.

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 10:17:18 AM »
I never understood why there was an asking price in the first place. I think all players should go to the market with no price at all, similar to how the loan market works. Interested managers would submit offers to the selling manage who could accept or refuse offers. This seems to me how it works in real football.
Hibury FC

shomyguca

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Krivaca United
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 10:32:29 AM »
+1 for Drifter!  8)
Team: Krivaca United
Manager: ser shomika
SERBIA EX U-21 Manager (season 8-9)

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 11:15:11 AM »
I never understood why there was an asking price in the first place. I think all players should go to the market with no price at all, similar to how the loan market works. Interested managers would submit offers to the selling manage who could accept or refuse offers. This seems to me how it works in real football.

That would be perfect, but let's be honest, that would be cheater's paradise. Even if it would be a strict cheat control.
I have seen/heard many stories about cheating in this game, with a system like this cheating would grow at a faster rate...

For example: i heard that some managers from certain country (say "team A") pays premium account/token to managers from other country ("team b") to create secondary accounts there ("team c"):

* Team B's manager creates Team C.
* Team C collects money
* Team C buy player from team A at higher value than normal (but not so high, so it can't be recognized as overpaid)
* Team A buys token/premium to Team B manager (wich is also Team C manager).

Everybody happy (except the theam C, but who cares about him?)

And when people spreaded the world, a Team D appeared, also paying to team B (or another manager, from team E) to do the same....
Now, what can you do against it?

* Having more than one account is illegal (unless both acconts become premium), will you ban Team A, B and C? Team B and C? What if team C also becomes premium?
* It is really hard to detect that somebody from "Country A" is helping somebody from "Country B" if IPs doesn't match (and it's even harder when team B's IP belongs to Country B), else, every single transfer in the game would be suspicious.
* Will you track each token/premium payment to make sure that nobody is helping somebody else? If 4 managers work together, it can be avoided too (team A pays to team E, Team D pays to team B, but team B helps Team A and Team E helps team B)

In the way i look at it, it is impossible to have a direct transfer system, it would be really great, but it is impossible to make it happen. Auction system is fairer (a lot fairer) but it doesn't need to be so twisted, a transfer criteria must be clear, this "random factor" crap really sucks...
My team: (95928)

shomyguca

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Krivaca United
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 11:53:10 AM »
That is nice observation, but there is one more possibility:

1. You put player on TL without an asking price.
2. Every manager can bid for that player, and the highest bid is visible to everyone.
3. At the moment you get satisfied with bid value, you confirm that player is sold.
4. Then player stays for another 3 days, where everybody else can additionally increase bid value. After 3 days, the player is sold to the manager with the highest bid.

What do we get whit this?

We do not have to make assumption about asking prices. The market itself will create it. You just decide is it enough for you, or not.

Example:

1. I put 3/9/4 player on TL, and all the managers are free to bid for him.
2. First few days, it will probably reach the value of 2M (just a guess). Than it will probably stop increasing, or at least slow down.
3. I can decide to sell the player for these 2M, or I can wait longer. In the meantime, the bidder is also free to withdraw his offer (he can bid for more players, and when he gets confirmation for one, he can withdraw bids for the rest).
4. If I (manager who sells) decide to accept, I click the button and confirm transfer.
5. At that point, bidder cannot withdraw his offer, and I can not keep my player.
6. Player stays for additional 3 days for additional increase of bid, and afterwards he is sold.

Addition 1: it could be arranged that all the managers interested for that player receive a message that transfer is confirmed, and they have 3 days to bid for that players.
Addition 2: On the TL window, it should be possible to see and sort players, whether they are confirmed or not for transfer.

Regarding to the player's salary, it should be automatic, as before season 7.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:07:55 PM by shomyguca »

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 12:20:36 PM »
It might work, at least it would be an open auction. 8)
My team: (95928)

spamrulez

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 04:44:29 PM »
Regarding to the player's salary, it should be automatic, as before season 7.

I like your ideas and then, yes, this bids on wages is really nasty. There are too much G out of the system.
Spam Rulez manager of Astronomy Domine
an italian team since season 1

MD - Emre Yavuz - LT

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
    • Virtonomics
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 05:40:02 AM »
I think everybody agrees that this Transfer system is really sucks. There is a lot of money goes out of window without any use. While there is no economy system in the game, this wage bidding is really insufficient. With economy system i mean, flactuating economy. Also player estimated values are nearly useless in this system.

I agree that there must be an open auction system(and example of the shomyguca is a good one), so the transfer market can be more active. One addition to all this thing maybe off the record thing but in the earlier seasons (don't remember which one, 4th or 5th i think) It is mentioned that there will be an implementation about National Football Association - not National Teams)

Maybe (if it will be implemented) those penalties on the transfer prices will be transferred to the FA (for example %1 of the penalty) and used for national teams.

if we come back to our main discussion, estimated values are calculated by player abilities only. With a flactuating economy system and auction-based transfer market these values will be calculated more efficiently.

I hope, I told what i want to; and i hope it was understandable :)

kind regards
Team: Gilead FK
Manager: Emre YAVUZ
Establish date: 14/12/2010 (season 1)
League : B

Turkish Language Translator
Turkiye Forum Moderator
Trophy : D-27 Win, C-4 R-Up

uLtRaSpYnAlL

• All Star Team
  • Forever Red-White-Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 06:45:58 PM »
How about to change this engine with ''''''transfers""""" is a shit  ??? ??? every time i try to buy a player,but every time come a stupid"""and give 40.000-60.000-100.000 salary per week!!!! WTF  ??? ??? ??? i give 5.000.000 and 1,5 for sign fee,salary 28,700 and come one and give 2.250.000 and a salary 55000 per week  this is a big shit is like cheating
you must change this sistem of shit,to be okay for everybody and without cheating
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Jansen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 02:03:24 AM »
The transfer system is not perfect but it's OK. now. Please read the post for explain system or ask somebody knew in your country.
It's give the choice for you. Cheap pay and big salary or Expansive pay and low salary. It's up to your demand.
If you try and can't get anyone, you can try from academy.
Every team have 11 players for first team so we can wait and try for next time.

uLtRaSpYnAlL

• All Star Team
  • Forever Red-White-Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 04:36:28 AM »
Jansen go an buy with huge salary per week if you like ;)  ::)
is not first time when i give a lot of money and a good salary, and always win that who give big salary,and this is a big shit is not ok from the data when they changed this sistem and  now must change in a good sistem. :P ???

uLtRaSpYnAlL

• All Star Team
  • Forever Red-White-Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 04:38:53 AM »
Jansen""""""" you think i don't now nothing about this game :))))) hahaha, is a shit system and must be changed ??? ???

Jansen

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 06:20:15 AM »
The manager who don't have good manage finance. You may be blame and cry  like a baby when your team can't grow up.  :)

Drahcir

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 07:46:53 AM »
I somewhat agree with Jansen... People should be able to attract high class players by giving high salaries, just look at Falcao in RL. If your finance can handle it, why not? If I were a player I'd surely consider it if one club offered 10000 p/w and another 30000 p/w. However, the problem may be that alot of the transfers being made are being made by relatively new clubs witout time perspective in the game. Meaning some of them may quit after a season or two and thus the player is "wasted" for those who wish to build a strong team over time.

A personal example: Before this season I "bought" a free player (http://www.gokickoff.com/team_player_detail.php?player_id=4124735) giving him a salary of 50000 and with that a signon fee of 2000000. This might've been a bit much, I realise that, but he's costing me somewhere around 1,6mill a season in salaries times 5 which is the contract time = 8mill + 2mill signing = 10mill. I can let him go after 5 years or perhaps even sell him for 1-2mill (because of his salary I probably won't get much). But 10mill for a 1,4mill player isn't really that expensive... just alittle, maybe.. :)

Perhaps players worth 1m+ should have some sense not to sign for low-rated clubs? I doubt Falcao would've signed for say Cardif just because that indian guy decided to open his wallet. This again would create an unfairness in obtaining these players because already good teams would become better, but atleast they have some sense when it comes to economy and where they want to put their cash.

Drahcir

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 07:50:05 AM »
Forgot to mention that I do agree that the current transfer system isn't optimal...  :)

JFK101

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 04:44:28 PM »
Our real problem as GKO players is that our Administrator are absolutly absent and aren't interested in developing this game.... :o

spamrulez

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 08:51:34 PM »
Our real problem as GKO players is that our Administrator are absolutly absent and aren't interested in developing this game.... :o

8)
Spam Rulez manager of Astronomy Domine
an italian team since season 1

shomyguca

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Krivaca United
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 10:26:12 AM »
Admin, could you please inform us if you plan any changes in season 12 regarding to TL?