Author Topic: commercial adverts in national chatrooms  (Read 8068 times)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
commercial adverts in national chatrooms
« on: July 13, 2014, 04:10:41 PM »
Recently we've been having problems with a manager who likes to spam commercial adverts for some online scam in national chatrooms:

This needs to stop!! Chat moderation is sorely needed!
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

aleksa1

• Youth team
    • View Profile
Re: commercial adverts in national chatrooms
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »
First, do not talk about something in what you're not informed, is no fraud nor was my aim to deceive anyone .. Second on spamming think that it was not .. I think that spamming out of the question .. I once just announced this on your chat 2 times in a row because i have not seen it already published .. you know  what is spam and what falls under spam ... see you 8)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:54:43 PM by aleksa1 »

Djolle

• National Team
  • Moderator of Serbia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 03:01:17 PM »
Recently we've been having problems with a manager who likes to spam commercial adverts for some online scam in national chatrooms:

This needs to stop!! Chat moderation is sorely needed!
Dude, I think you're a little too far...
At each chat, you can see a variety of SPAM, I don't know why you decided for this...
I don't want to mix politics into this, and I hope you're not from these reasons, chose SPAM by this manager!
There are much worse SPAMs, such as managers who want to sell their duplicate account, I personally think it's a serious offense!
Also, and this might be considered SPAM, because it isn't official, I don't believe that the application made ??admin, much less that they are supported...
http://prntscr.com/42ktl3
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:12:58 PM by Djolle »

Roostophe

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 03:26:24 PM »
This is exactly what spam is. It's what the term was created for.

It has been posted many times in the US chatroom and it has now seeped into the England chatroom, much to my visible annoyance. I've looked around and seen it in the chatrooms for countries like Wales, Swaziland and a dozen others.

It's spam because nobody comes to GKO for a job. As infuriating as it is to see the chat spammed with 'players for sell' across a hundred countries (even if you have the filter turned on), or even to receive personal messages from people 'looking for players with xLA', those messages are at least relevant to GKO.

This job posting is not relevant to GKO. It is definite spam. Spam, spam, spam. So much spam there's no space for the baked beans!

We've needed chatroom moderation for ages, but this is the first time I've ever seen job advertising on it. Consider it the straw that broke the camel's back.

aleksa1

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 04:34:55 PM »
I do not understand, so what if the other Boards published and is not that the purpose of advertising .. Secondly I do not see how all of the GKO to disturb it only 3/4 of people from just two countries ... I put a link of my blog, and this visit is much American people .Why would people visited if they bother if you are not interested .. I stand by my actions and no one will convince me that I did not do something wrong

How is it that out of 208 countries, 208 boards as there is no one else that is not bothered by how it is that none of the 54 210 members to not bother anyone without you 3/4..Spam
  once happened and I apologized for that accident was the other stuff is not considered spam .. I do not know at all what you are looking for here BAN or what?I am here since 2 seasons know how to behave and what we can do and what not to do...

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 02:48:47 PM »
There is just no place for adverts unrelated to GKO in national chatrooms. If you want to advertise with GKO you need to use proper channels (those that provide the advertising banners), not spamming national chatrooms.

This is a slippery slope. If one person is allowed to post their adverts, then how long before hundreds of adverts fill up the chatrooms? I say stop this before it gets out of hand.

aleksa1

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 06:02:30 PM »
I'm just saying that it bothers a few individuals do not mean to bother GKO whole community ... I do not see anything wrong in all of this, to be so bothered JUST for you ..s is so pretty low ...

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 08:24:24 PM »
you miss the point entirely! It may bother only a few of us now, but if you continue, everyone will think it is okay to do, and then we will have chatrooms full of adverts and many people will be bothered.

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 10:03:58 PM »
This is the last thing we can see (taken from Spanish National Chat):

"hogwartmagic : application name 'gko' this app is auto activity. You cannot click activity every hour, this app is auto activity every hour. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gko.app "

A tool that do itself activities on GKO every hour, while you are not on internet... .... Broking rules, broking the low fair play this game has... broking any moral aspect....

What are going to do GM with this new tool??
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:05:45 PM by Sopelana »
Nombre del club : Sopelana C.F. (50354)

spamrulez

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 08:54:57 AM »
A tool that do itself activities on GKO every hour, while you are not on internet... .... Broking rules, broking the low fair play this game has... broking any moral aspect....

What are going to do GM with this new tool??
Spam Rulez manager of Astronomy Domine
an italian team since season 1

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 08:03:01 AM »
I'm just saying that it bothers a few individuals do not mean to bother GKO whole community ... I do not see anything wrong in all of this, to be so bothered JUST for you ..s is so pretty low ...

yes, it does bother everybody. it's a scam and you are pretty low. actually, very low!

aleksa1

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »
Are you working on SFI and you know it's a scam? Who does this and earn a nothing Get your money and you have nothing to lose ...

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 09:53:08 AM »
get lost, scammer!

aleksa1

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 10:16:24 AM »
Listen to firstly do not call anyone a fraud, especially not me .... You did not answer the question .... And who told you to write on the forum Ask him for further instructions .. Transparent you! Write once a fraud and will consider it for insult and it is so I'll TO ADDRESS by Admin...

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 10:48:30 AM »
I'm just saying that it bothers a few individuals do not mean to bother GKO whole community ...

yes, it does bother everybody. it's a scam and you are pretty low. actually, very low!

All spam bothers to more people than you think, some more, some less...

But people stopped complaining because nobody from the dev staff cares our complains, not because we're happy with spam... i left the "chat moderation" request long time ago, this game is a money milker, not a serious project in development after all.
My team: (95928)

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
Listen to firstly do not call anyone a fraud, especially not me .... You did not answer the question .... And who told you to write on the forum Ask him for further instructions .. Transparent you! Write once a fraud and will consider it for insult and it is so I'll TO ADDRESS by Admin...

listen to the thief shouting 'thief'!

address it, you fraud! at least this way you will have to explain to him why you spam with commercials to a scam. and by the way: GET LOST!

aleksa1

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 12:47:44 PM »
Listen to me, you moron minded do not you ever call me a thief .... I do not know what your club would have sent you a private message

top level

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 01:43:18 PM »
=))) that would only get you banned, because i have a pretty good idea what guys like you write. now get lost, you and your ponzi scheme

aleksa1

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 01:58:26 PM »
hahhah not know what else to add to your nonsense

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 01:35:43 AM »
hahhah not know what else to add to your nonsense

This kind of belligerent attitude won't win you any points with anyone.

Are you working on SFI and you know it's a scam? Who does this and earn a nothing Get your money and you have nothing to lose ...
If you were offering any kind of legitimate business opportunity, you would not be doing it in GKO chatrooms.

The bottom line: GKO chatrooms are NOT the place for commercial adverts. Contact GKO admin if you wish to advertise something in this domain.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 02:12:30 AM »
The bottom line: GKO chatrooms are NOT the place for commercial adverts. Contact GKO admin if you wish to advertise something in this domain.

Just to add, there is a particular premium feature about ads:

Quote from: Premium features
18 - No banner ads at all for premium.

Banner/no banner, premium users paid for a ad free game, and that includes:

This:

And this:

Nothing personal guys:

Chat moderation is sorely needed!

+1
My team: (95928)

aleksa1

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 08:47:33 AM »
It's nice that means who has the premium may be all in the translation

tucko89

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 10:09:08 AM »
spam
spam/
noun
noun: spam; plural noun: spams; noun: Spam

irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.

Tell me if this definition do not describe your message posting on all chats....?

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 02:13:15 AM »
Please report spam to [email protected]

Drahcir

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2014, 05:17:25 PM »