Author Topic: Injuries and suspensions  (Read 12979 times)

endlessmeans

• National Team
    • View Profile
Injuries and suspensions
« on: November 30, 2013, 08:39:26 AM »
So anyone else have this problem recently? Four of my starters are out through suspension/injury for the Cup final. My backup for both the positions, which were playing this last league game, got injured and banned. I'm playing the cup final minus 4 starters, and minus 2 backup for them. Starting centerback injured, backup centerback banned, starting striker injured, have 3 good strikers, but I always sub one out during the game, starting right mid injured, backup right mid injured... :o
I'm guess my MOTS would go to waste hear assuming the league champion still has his for this cup final. >:(

Drahcir

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
Re: Injuries and suspensions
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 09:03:13 AM »
What can you do... life's a bitch!  :)

It sucks to have alot of injuries... but in my opinion there are too few minor injuruies and too many 30+ days injuries. I always try to save up atleast 20 creds for cases such as this, but I guess you'd need... well, more than that :)

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 10:03:09 AM »
So anyone else have this problem recently? Four of my starters are out through suspension/injury for the Cup final. My backup for both the positions, which were playing this last league game, got injured and banned. I'm playing the cup final minus 4 starters, and minus 2 backup for them. Starting centerback injured, backup centerback banned, starting striker injured, have 3 good strikers, but I always sub one out during the game, starting right mid injured, backup right mid injured... :o
I'm guess my MOTS would go to waste hear assuming the league champion still has his for this cup final. >:(
Bbad luck man. But please tell me why you didn't rest those banned player in last game? Do you use hard tackling in your matches? It increases chance of getting cards and injuries a lot.   
I am playing almost all time easy tackling and had as I remember only 1 or 2 bans.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:05:08 AM by Ruta »
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

endlessmeans

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 11:06:10 AM »
I was gunning for a clear win, hoping for an unlikely loss from 1st place team, as if they did lose, we'd be even on points. As things stood, he won, I won, I'm 3 points back last game of season, both have goal difference of 117. And wouldn't hard tackling increase injury chance of opposing players? O:

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 11:27:09 AM »
And wouldn't hard tackling increase injury chance of opposing players? O:

Hard tackling increases injury chance of both teams.

To avoid injury/ban problems, you have some options:

* Try to avoid injuries and cards, playing normal/easy tackling. I used easy tackling in every single match i played this season and i can tell you, the ball posession you get using other tackling exist, but is not that much.
* Avoid buying a couple of players and improve your physio, that will reduce long injuries drastically. This season i had 3 injuries, and the longest were 12 days. Long injuries clearly came to stay, so we must learn to deal with them.
* And of course, you can always fix things buying token  :(
My team: (95928)

KRAGRA

• Professional team
  • [Zv�?az� ten, kto vie z��itkova? vlastn� sily !!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 02:24:34 PM »
The quality of the training surface affect the injury?
  Slovakia NT Manager

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 12:17:35 AM »
The quality of the training surface affect the injury?

No. Only physio quality and prone to injury rating affects this.
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 10:03:54 PM »
To avoid injury/ban problems, you have some options:

* Try to avoid injuries and cards, playing normal/easy tackling. I used easy tackling in every single match i played this season and i can tell you, the ball posession you get using other tackling exist, but is not that much.
* Avoid buying a couple of players and improve your physio, that will reduce long injuries drastically. This season i had 3 injuries, and the longest were 12 days. Long injuries clearly came to stay, so we must learn to deal with them.

I withdraw my words, when the system decides you must suffer injuries, there's nothing you can do about it, i already lost my injuries count this season, show must go on i believe....
I think i will have to wait until next season and see what happens, maybe the "bad luck" will go with it...

For now, only one thing stands:

* And of course, you can always fix things buying token  :(

Maybe the pay per win stuff is getting stronger than ever  ::)

Red

• National Team
  • Red Devils 21 (278068)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 11:30:02 PM »
According some info from admin there is hidden prone to injury of each player for match time.I really dont understand why it is hidden factor? If this could be visible for premium users developers can grab much more premium users.Of course should be visible only after scout report.
I will buy young players with PR 5 and higher,send me your offer.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 11:52:39 PM »
I can tell you for sure, that stat exist, but sometimes it turns irrelevant:

I have my physio maxed, i am playing easy tackling since mid season 8 and the number of injuries i had this season is crazy, i had more than 15 injuries so far, and only 2 players were injured twice, all remaining injuries were in different players, and most of them were long (more than 12 days, considering my injuries are cut half because physio level, all of them would be 24 days as minimum), so it's not aout "my squad is filled with crystal players".

No matter what tackling you use.
No matter how prone to injuries your players are.

I had the clue that many things are set when season start (same than academy youth, some seasons you get good players, in others you get crap), of course, i also knew about some teams who had many injuries before, but i always tought they didn't do enough to care their players, now i know i were wrong. You can't go against the system, if the system decides you will suffer many injuries in a season, you have no choice but to hold on and wait until next season. How could you explain that a team with 3 or 4 injuries per season as average suddenly receives more than 15 at midseason? Only few teams played hard tackling against me and i never used normal tackling, not even once, this is not normal, not at all!

When i saw situations like this in other teams, i always told them to avoid normal/hard tackling, now i know it's useless in club level, if you are destined to suffer many injuries, there's nothing you can do about it.

Red

• National Team
  • Red Devils 21 (278068)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 12:12:50 AM »
Looks very strange and as many things here we miss full explanation.If something like season settings are exist (injures,academy) it should be explained in manual,should be clear.How I can ask my friend to join this game when I cant explain him so many hidden things and other which nobody is sure how they exactly work.If my friend is not manager game fan Im really afraid to that  :(

I will buy young players with PR 5 and higher,send me your offer.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 07:13:08 AM »
It seems this information (player prone to injury rating) is not as important as having a deep squad. No team is, or should be, impervious to injury. Carlos is mostly right but it seems he has some bad luck this season, I think.

One thing I have noticed is that how often a player plays is one factor in the hidden injury rating. Some players will be injured very often (once every 2-3 appearances) if they are played very often (>90 minutes per week) but the same players seem to avoid injury if they are played infrequently (plus Carlos' suggestions, which factor in as well).

My only recommendation is this: build a deep squad to avoid injury problems...the more you rely on a given player, the better the odds they will be injured! Only after many apps (maybe 50 or more) can you determine whether a player is generally resistant to injury in match play. Still, any injury is possible at any time, and surly it will happen at the worst possible time.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 08:59:43 AM »
It's not that easy Brian... i wouldn't say my squad is short, i have 2 players per position and i can play any formation i want, AMR position aside, i have at least 1 CA7 player as first team and 1 CA6 as backup, i rarely play with 2 FCs, so i have 2 good strikers and 2 youth in development, a week ago a CA7 striker fell injured, yesterday fell my first team striker, both of them for 15 days, should i have 3 players per position to avoid injuries? The first injured player will be ready in 6 days, so... should i manage myself with youth players now? I had no choice but to spend some credits to heal my first team striker, i can't spend a week using youth players.

I would agree with you about short squads if injuries would be shorter, but if my physio would be very bad, i. would have suffered at least 9 injuries for 30 days, how can you play against that? My physio is maxed so my injuries are around 18 days as maximum (most of them were for 15 days), still, 2 weeks without a player is a big number, we are talking about 4 league matches, 2 cup games and 2 WCC games...

I can understand that developers would need more money and they want people to buy token, but this is going too far, i am not willing to spend money on token, and everyday the game turns less and less atractive to me, they won't have my money for premium account anymore.

To be clear, and i am not asking some kind of injury inmunity because i am premium, not at all, if my squad have many players prone to injury, so be it, but suffering long injuries every week is not fun at all!

shomyguca

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Krivaca United
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 09:38:16 AM »

I can understand that developers would need more money and they want people to buy token, but this is going too far, i am not willing to spend money on token, and everyday the game turns less and less attractive to me, they won't have my money for premium account anymore.

Now we are talking! I couldn't agree more about your previous post! I also had some injury problems recently with very important players. I note that they never play if their condition is less then 92%. And the one who played the most (all league matches+WCL+NT) didn't get injured, which implies that Brians assumption (too many played matches cause the injury), doesn't stand. I think this injuries are just a random phenomena, intentionally programmed to force us to buy tokens.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:41:22 AM by shomyguca »
Team: Krivaca United
Manager: ser shomika
SERBIA EX U-21 Manager (season 8-9)

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 10:09:52 AM »
We were talk with Carlos  the most strange thing is that it looks like system choose teams not players . There are teams with very rare injuries and some with big number of injuries. This random on teams not on players is the most curious thing  . And makes suspicions  that GKO owners do this just for sell more tokens :( In Poland Top we have two teams with this problem, both have premium.
  season 18

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 10:48:01 AM »
I think this injuries are just a random phenomena, intentionally programmed to force us to buy tokens.

Exactly! And i am afraid that you can't do much against it, easy tackling and good physio are not the solution.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »
It's not that easy Brian... i wouldn't say my squad is short, i have 2 players per position and i can play any formation i want, AMR position aside, i have at least 1 CA7 player as first team and 1 CA6 as backup, i rarely play with 2 FCs, so i have 2 good strikers and 2 youth in development, a week ago a CA7 striker fell injured, yesterday fell my first team striker, both of them for 15 days, should i have 3 players per position to avoid injuries? The first injured player will be ready in 6 days, so... should i manage myself with youth players now? I had no choice but to spend some credits to heal my first team striker, i can't spend a week using youth players.

I would agree with you about short squads if injuries would be shorter, but if my physio would be very bad, i. would have suffered at least 9 injuries for 30 days, how can you play against that? My physio is maxed so my injuries are around 18 days as maximum (most of them were for 15 days), still, 2 weeks without a player is a big number, we are talking about 4 league matches, 2 cup games and 2 WCC games...

I can understand that developers would need more money and they want people to buy token, but this is going too far, i am not willing to spend money on token, and everyday the game turns less and less atractive to me, they won't have my money for premium account anymore.

To be clear, and i am not asking some kind of injury inmunity because i am premium, not at all, if my squad have many players prone to injury, so be it, but suffering long injuries every week is not fun at all!
TBH, my biggest problem is with the 20 credit "miracle cure". Everyone should be equally disposed to their players' injuries! But with enough tokens, a manager could theoretically build a htremendously thin squad of top players, protected from injury woes by their miracle cures only money can buy. It reminds me of a recent South Park episode which "found" the cure for AIDS:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/164373/they-found-a-cure-for-aids
"large doses of concentrated cash" :))

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 06:00:44 PM »

TBH, my biggest problem is with the 20 credit "miracle cure". Everyone should be equally disposed to their players' injuries! But with enough tokens, a manager could theoretically build a htremendously thin squad of top players, protected from injury woes by their miracle cures only money can buy.
"large doses of concentrated cash" :))
agree, this is really disaster.
But we still have some teams without any injuries and some with a plague of them. There must be a bug in randomness of injuries. Or just bad formula. We all know in real life some teams have more injuries then others but in GKO it vary too much!
  season 18

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 07:17:21 PM »
Build bigger teams... that's the Hibury way!
Hibury FC

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 07:42:19 PM »
There is no teams which can cope with 5-6 injuries in one time , trust me. It will always affect you.
And you still are one the begining your way, in next steps you will face others problems: how to find players to make a progress, how find to resurces for them ( especially when big squad take g week after week)... Now is easy to cope with those problems cause we all are developing but in the future it will be different story :P
  season 18

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 08:16:42 PM »

It depends on your "bigger team" concept, if my squad would have 30 CA5 players, i can't aim more than a mid position in argentinian top level. They should be CA7 as minimum, do some math and tell me if you can collect enough money to keep a squad with 20 CA7 players and 10 CA8+ players.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:31:19 PM by CarlosT »

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 09:23:19 PM »

It depends on your "bigger team" concept, if my squad would have 30 CA5 players, i can't aim more than a mid position in argentinian top level. They should be CA7 as minimum, do some match and tell me if you can collect enough money to keep a squad with 20 CA7 players and 10 CA8+ players.

This is the crux of the issue. I wonder if it can be overcome. Current revenue streams are simply not big enough.

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 10:50:41 PM »
Yes, it is a challenge, but it means you must truly decide if you wish to have a player on your team. It also makes the decision to sign high waged players a more important one demanding a long term vision that includes covering positions that may become injured. I sign most of my players at a very young age so I get good deals on the initial wage rate. I rarely buy players that demand wages over 3000 G so most of my signings are never mature or are past their prime. Would I like to have a team with 10 level 8-10 players, sure. Can I do that now? Nope. What I can do is continue with the Hibury youth program to find players who meet my requirements but don't break my bank.

Personally, I think managers pay their players too much anyway. Paying upwards of 5000 G or more for the services of a player seems ridiculous to me but I see a lot of managers who are willing to pay these prices.

It may not be a question of how often players get injured, but a question of economics as some of you are saying. As for Hibury, we will continue to develop 2-3 players for each of our major positions and will continue to try to build the squad without spending big to do it.
Hibury FC

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2014, 11:51:08 PM »
I sign most of my players at a very young age so I get good deals on the initial wage rate. I rarely buy players that demand wages over 3000 G so most of my signings are never mature or are past their prime.

When i started i did the same, we all did actually, but there's a barrier you haven't faced so far, your young players haven't requested wage updates for now. ANY PLAYER will ask a new wage when his CA reaches 7, and they always ask more than 9k, it doesn't matter how cheap was his initial wage or if you promoted him from academy, do you think i pay ridiculously high wages to get players? I do not participate in ridiculous wage wars, i only got 2 players paying a bit more than the wage they ask (this and this) any other player i got received only 30G or 40G extra, and i think that 30G does not make a difference at all.

Don't you believe me? How much would you pay for a 2/9/3 player? I paid only 850k and his original wage (933G)

Any player you get will grow with time, and any of them will ask more and more money, you have no idea about how aggressive are things, even now, i know that things will be even harder next season, many players will ask me even more money next season, such as this one, i already suffered his [UNH] status when the wage formula changed, in season 11, his contract will be 1 season left and he will be UNH again, how much should i pay him now? See: http://imgur.com/ABUxC83

And that player is still CA8, can you imagine how things will be when a CA9/10 player ask me a new wage?

My wages are high, because my players are expensive, not because i pay them ridiculously high wages.

What I can do is continue with the Hibury youth program to find players who meet my requirements but don't break my bank.

How do you think your team would perform in my league?

Drifter

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 05:56:13 AM »
 ;) Not sure how I would perform in your league, but I wouldn't fear the challenge. I've set the bar by teams like those in your league. If I should make it back to the WCC, we will see how they do against the best of them.
Hibury FC