Author Topic: Attention, cheating is not allowed!  (Read 28025 times)

nuerta

• National Team
    • View Profile
Re: Attention, cheating is not allowed!
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 03:55:04 PM »
So, after today's matches, I'm very close to end playing this game, even I really started to enjoy it.
Why?
Can someone please explain to me this:
http://www.gokickoff.com/team_overviews.php?club_id=23611
http://www.gokickoff.com/team_overviews.php?club_id=23605

So, in my league 2nd team to be promoted in higher league will be or cheater or BOT. I want to believe it's first one, becouse I can't understand how BOT can be better then me, who is working so hard to lead my team, buying best players for me, trainig etc. Shortly, it's not fair.
Also, I'm sure that many teams in my league are BOT's, and it's OK untill someone replace them, but it's not OK that they are taking places of humans in higher leagues.

Please, answer to me soon, so I can think of my next steps in Gokickoff.

FK NUERTA (31274)

ultra_rosso_nero

• National Team
  • "Ultras way of life! "
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 12:02:22 PM »
Cheaters are only in transfers ?

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
My team: (95928)

guricito

• National Team
  • No siempre ganan los poderosos.-
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2011, 04:08:31 AM »
The possible trap Serious the following one:
The players' sale between these clubs
                                                                         BOCA Jr  (95094)
                                                                        ST TEH . Athletic  (85805)
Name:     Bae Paik (1925687)
 Club:     MOUTH Jr (95094)
 Better Position:     M C
Valor Estimado :     71,026 G

Date                        Of                         To                         Value
18/04/2011    ST TEH . Athletic                 BOCA Jr               892,000 G
Notice and they have the same IP

http://www.gokickoff.com/manager_info.php?user_id=38491
http://www.gokickoff.com/manager_info.php?user_id=45380

I wait not to be wrong
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:22:26 AM by guricito »
LOS GURISES F.C
 ARGENTINA NATIONAL  MANAGER- Winner World Cup Temp. 4

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 02:08:15 AM »
I've reported to the game master.

Thanks guys.

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 01:00:26 PM »
http://www.gokickoff.com/team_players.php?club_id=95094

He already sold 16 players, now is selling 3 more (the 3 most expensive, BTW), his squad will have 3 goalkeepers, 1 defender and no strikers! It's clear that he doesn't care about that team........

He already sold most of the squad, bought a player at a high value (banned later) but his team in argentinian league is being dismembered...... look, if you want to make national teams in a couple of seasons something must be done, it's not fair to see so many people creating teams in my country just to full his pockets in their main teams, can't you do a IP ban? That guy doesn't deserve other thing......

I don't care if anybody outside Argentina creates a team (this means less bots for the game), but at least give it some decent management for the good of the league (before that team, i'd preffer a to face a bot, seriously), it's not fair...... it's hard to get money, hard to create a decent team and suddenly somebody creates a team, f**** this league and fills his counts? This must stop!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:03:29 PM by CarlosT »

guricito

• National Team
  • No siempre ganan los poderosos.-
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 03:17:43 PM »
I share what you express CarlosT, I am from Argentina, and there are many inactive equipments from his creation even and serious suitable that for the season 3 filter those equipments that take part of the top leagues and that are not regular assets of the game.....
LOS GURISES F.C
 ARGENTINA NATIONAL  MANAGER- Winner World Cup Temp. 4

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 03:51:47 PM »
Thank for reporting. We'll check it.

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2011, 04:46:04 AM »
So there are several accounts in the USA leagues that are managed by suspect Thais. Most of them are inactive accounts, so I'm not worried about them, but there's one active user from Thailand (confirmed) that needs to be addressed:

This is CHEATING. Not only should this user get booted, the cup prize, or a good portion of it, should be given to last season's runner up (and it wasn't me)!

Edit: for anonymity
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:02:30 PM by Champione »
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

intervention

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2011, 11:15:34 AM »
The majority (not all) of the cheaters would use the same IP address, it is not too difficult to spot these IP addresses. Maybe a marshal should be assigned to each league to look out for such things, the marshal would then give the players the opportunity to explain why they have the same IP and also look into actions shared between the teams with the same IP!

Alternatively, it would not be too difficult for the system to highlight identical IP addresses and record activity between the accounts, this would allow just one person to marshal this :)

For the record... I hate cheats!!!!
Talking is good, arguing is bad... telling the difference is genius :D

Etienne

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2011, 12:46:46 PM »
There are many tools to bust cheaters and I hope GKO staff used most of them

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 05:36:57 AM »
@Champione

I've reported the game master. We'll do something about this case.

sarad987

• Professional team
  • Just Fantastico...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 11:05:41 AM »
Hey admin, I have two quick questions for you:

Can me and my roommate play from same IP adress and not get banned? (my friend is banned and I got -1M G)

How can you check if someone is cheating in that situation?   :-\

gabrielis

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2012, 08:31:36 PM »
Hey admin, I have two quick questions for you:

Can me and my roommate play from same IP adress and not get banned? (my friend is banned and I got -1M G)

How can you check if someone is cheating in that situation?   :-\

same ip trading players

Harper

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2012, 08:34:14 PM »
Now they can't add any new teams to the leagues, so they won't also ban any cheaters, lol. Cheating allowed!

And it's very stupid that you can create team in any country if you have premium acc. We have an example in Gabon...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:21:53 AM by Harper »
The Magpies

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2012, 04:44:12 PM »
What about rewarding cheaters with their just rewards.  I hate finding a player I like but... oh no...  :'( they are owned by a banned player.  What about relegating these players to the lowest leagues possible... Send them to the dungeon for them to never return.  Just an idea.
Hibury FC

Drifter

• All Star Team
  • We promote the beautiful game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2012, 04:56:52 PM »
 ;) I think that the main motivation behind cheating is the desire for success at the highest level.  With this in mind, we must also consider what motivates the cheaters actions.  I believe that cheaters cheat, because they feel the benefit of cheating outweighs the punishment of being caught.  This can be fixed. 

I would suggest that changing the punishment for cheating could substantially reduce the level of cheating in this game.  The paranoia that is created amongst honest players is something that needs to be reduced.  I have a suggestion that could help with both of these problems.

:D What about instead of banning players from the game, we relegate them. This would have new restrictions of course.  Players being accused of cheating or that admin.  deem cheaters would be banned from TOP LEAGUE for life, banned from INTERNATIONAL CUPS for life, and could only ever hope to aspire to some specified league level.  These rules could be played with but the principle is one that would make players think twice about ever trying to cheat. 

Right now, I don't see any reason for a banned player to not make another team and carry on as usual.  Let them have their criminally acquired players, but also let their teams live with the stigma of being labelled cheaters.  Let their efforts in nondescript leagues with no possibility of fame or reputation be a reminder to those who would cheat that you will never reach the highest point of this mountain without doing things honestly.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 05:01:25 PM by Drifter »
Hibury FC

sarad987

• Professional team
  • Just Fantastico...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2012, 11:05:06 AM »
same ip trading players

That's not answer to my question. So I should forbid my roommate to buy player that he wants to buy? And he didn't buy player for 1 million or something unreal, he bought it for real price... I am not that stupid to risk 4 seasons of play for 300k G! So my question still is - How can you check if someone is cheating in that situation? Can you check different mac addresses or something? I think that lot of players have the "roommate problem" and it would be very useful to solve it....

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2012, 11:55:46 AM »
same ip trading players
he didn't buy player for 1 million or something unreal, he bought it for real price...

He made something forbidden, is that so hard to understand?
And no, we usually don't have the "roommate problem", we have (at most) the "my little brother did it" problem (at least, you are more creative).
Anyway.... having more than 1 account is forbidden, if you are having 2 (or more) teams using the same IP i believe they already were fair enough with you, but men.... if you did not started to play yesterday you can't be saying such excuse, like it or not you broke a rule and you both should know that you were doing...

So please, stick to the rules and tell every roommate you might have that trading players is forbidden if you share the same IP.

Ah, i forgot... GKO is not an exeption, that rule exist in every online manager you might find on the net, that's a basic anti-cheating rule.

sarad987

• Professional team
  • Just Fantastico...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2012, 12:51:33 PM »
Ok m8, we didn't know that... I didn't read in the rules that I have to report my roommate with same IP adress, but I did it when they banned him (still didn't get the answer from GKO) so is there any chance to unbanned him, and give me back my money? We'll make sure not to make this mistake again...    :D

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2012, 01:17:10 PM »
You will need to wait GM's answer, that is his decision.

investdm

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2012, 04:53:37 PM »
i putt my young player on the TM for 1 000 000 G  i thinkg its imposible to ofer , but i log today and i see that i have ofer fo the player , i like to know if i will be banned  ? please tell me  :(