Author Topic: REMOVE MOTS  (Read 13681 times)

Ologga

REMOVE MOTS
« on: July 16, 2013, 09:37:57 AM »
Are you going to remove MOTS definitively before the beginning of the new season?

National Teams competition is without MOTS and it is most fair.

LieCheatNsteal

• National Team
    • View Profile
Re: REMOVE MOTS
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 09:47:13 AM »
prefer weaken MOTS, if removed weaker team will have no chance to face stronger teams

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 09:55:07 AM »
I am in. Lets remove them. It makes more troubles than gives profits. I see that same friends use MOTS to help each other! And it is very hard to fight with that behavior .
Other option is to make some disadvantages after using MOTS like:
1. Morale drop by 3-4 levels or just to very poor.
2. Condition drop  by 20% or i.e. to 75%
3. Implement in game engine settings that in 2 games after MOTS team is weaker as much as was stronger with MOTS.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:57:21 AM by Ruta »
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:21:19 AM »
Agreed, something must change!

Their effect must be weaken for sure, and it must be a penalty to use mots! A bigger condition expenditure maybe?
My team: (95928)

Lo Zar

• National Team
  • You'll never be drunk alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 11:01:32 AM »
3. Implement in game engine settings that in 2 games after MOTS team is weaker as much as was stronger with MOTS.

Points 1 & 2 would only favor the use of tokens!  >:(

So the staff will welcome your suggestion!  :o
  My team: ALCOLIZZATI (99365)  -  Italian Forum Moderator 

shomyguca

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Krivaca United
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 11:08:01 AM »
Yes, I guess it would be excellent for teams like yours. Than you could win Top Level and Cup with your reserves, and your first team would play WCL. You know what, from my point of view, it is very selfish of you to request MotS removal. Even I lost semifinal of cup because I played against MotS, I still think it is very good rule and it gives opportunity to fight stronger opponents. So it is meter of tactics when to use them. Every manager has to be very wise to estimate what is the best situation to use MotS. That's what I think. Greetings!
Team: Krivaca United
Manager: ser shomika
SERBIA EX U-21 Manager (season 8-9)

TommyJ

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 11:16:10 AM »
Introduce TEAM PEP TALK , like in Sega,s FM, player's motivation level also, depending on opponent's strength, ranking, rating....this will reduce the gap between top teams and mid-table teams. This pep talks can have positive and negative effects on players, depending on selected motivation sentence.
Macedonia Top Level winner - season 5; season 7
Macedonia Top Level runner up - season 6; season 9

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 11:22:23 AM »
Yes, I guess it would be excellent for teams like yours. Than you could win Top Level and Cup with your reserves, and your first team would play WCL. You know what, from my point of view, it is very selfish of you to request MotS removal. Even I lost semifinal of cup because I played against MotS, I still think it is very good rule and it gives opportunity to fight stronger opponents. So it is meter of tactics when to use them. Every manager has to be very wise to estimate what is the best situation to use MotS. That's what I think. Greetings!

It's funny, WCC final will be played between 2 teams that were considered underdogs in semi finals, and none of them used mots in the whole competition.

Of course, clicking the MotS button is a lot easier than working hard to set a useful tactic.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:24:23 AM by CarlosT »

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 11:34:18 AM »

Points 1 & 2 would only favor the use of tokens!  >:(

So the staff will welcome your suggestion!  :o

Lo Zar, I want to remove token the most . You have to agree that even with tokens morale can rise to okey level, only.
Also I think , we are pushed to live with token users so make them live harder ( pay more money when using MOTS) is good to us.

Man , did  you read was I said? I tell you that there were situations when group of friends chose about league position on the end of the season by using MOTS. I have seen when on the last round already relegated team used MOTS again leader and took them out Championship. Tell , why he did it? For his own team profit or someone else?

It's funny, WCC final will be played between 2 teams that were considered underdogs in semi finals, and none of them used mots in the whole competition.
Of course, clicking the MotS button is a lot easier than working hard to set a useful tactic.
Please , don't say it again. In ours semifinal there wasn't underdogs. We are both on pretty same level .
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:45:41 AM by Ruta »
  season 18

shomyguca

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Krivaca United
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 11:48:50 AM »
Man , did  you read was I said? I tell you that were situations when group of friend chose about league position on the end of the season. I have seen when on the last round already relegated team used MOTS again leader and took them out Championship. Tell , why he did it? For his own team profit or someone else?

Yes, I did read. And yes, I agree with you that it is not fair. But as I said, we all have 2 MotS available, and if somebody wants to waste it to help somebody else, we can just cry over it. It is up to everybody to decide what he wants to do with MotS. There is alot of rules that makes cheaters possible to cheat, but this one... I think it is useful for the majority of GKO population. It might be transformed or changed a little in order to decrease difference between teams in game, but it certainly shouldn't be removed!

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 11:58:03 AM »
Try to speak  to Obersdorf or Gobinho from VV Rhoon (30231) . They tell you how many MOTS they faced this season. You told that we told about our own but I tell you MOTS is the way to punish/ do against other teams . And it is very bad way. I always said that MOTS should be use only for own profits not other user. But I have seen many bad examples. So as Carlos said , if you want compete with bigger do everything to develop your team. Cause all shorcuts way are bad way.

In Poland we have a big mess about MOTS. Cause there always will be a suspicion that someone help  someone. We don't need MOTS to embroil our society.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:04:11 PM by Ruta »
  season 18

shomyguca

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Krivaca United
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 12:12:45 PM »
So as Carlos said , if you want compete with bigger do everything to develop your team. Cause all shorcuts way are bad way.

I couldn't agree more about it! It is my motto in real life, too! But if speaking of help between friends by MotS, it just doesn't sound logical to me. To neglect your team in order to help a friend? It is nonsense, unless it is the same person with multi account. In this case, it is easy to ban him. But if somebody is kamikaze and wants to help a friend by neglecting his own team, it is his legitimate right and we shouldn't complain about it.

Mubashar

• Professional team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 12:15:15 PM »
MOTS is not unfair. 2 MoTS in so many matches of league, domestic cup (extra cups) and world champions cup is not a bad deal. The person is Idiot who plays his MoTS not to avoid relegation but to promote someone else. If you still think it is unfair, how you will react to a relegated team which loses to a second or third placed team to gift them 3 point and considerable goal difference? :-\  I think second case is more prevalent than first.

Stinson

• Youth team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 12:15:44 PM »
Opposed!! MOTS make league matches more uncertain, matches will be more intriging.
If you can already know the win-win-loss-loss b4 the matches, there's no fun.
In addition, MOTS don't mean unfair...Everyone has 2. And it's just like in the real world to let players make an all-out effort in certain matches.Nearly every team uses MOTS on Manchester Utd in BPR... Because it's a really strong team... A really strong team should be able to contend all difficulties.

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 12:19:18 PM »
So as Carlos said , if you want compete with bigger do everything to develop your team. Cause all shorcuts way are bad way.

I couldn't agree more about it! It is my motto in real life, too! But if speaking of help between friends by MotS, it just doesn't sound logical to me. To neglect your team in order to help a friend? It is nonsense, unless it is the same person with multi account. In this case, it is easy to ban him. But if somebody is kamikaze and wants to help a friend by neglecting his own team, it is his legitimate right and we shouldn't complain about it.
I am surprise that you don't understand. I gave you one example above. Can give you more. Look, someone team is 11th and has avoided relegation already. His friend is fighting for promotion to WCC / win league.  He has MOTS left . So it is easy to him to set MOTS against the closest rival of his friend which do profit only for friend's team.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:22:20 PM by Ruta »
  season 18

shomyguca

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Krivaca United
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 12:26:40 PM »
I am surprice that you don't understand. I give you one example above. Can give you more. Look, someone team is 11th and has avoided relegation already. His friend is fighting for promotion to WCC / win league.  He has MOTS left . So it is easy to him to set MOTS against the closest rival of his friend which do profit only for friend's team.

And how many man have friend which is 11th and wants to spend MotS for them??? Certainly far less then people who wants to use MotS for themselves. It seem like you (or your close friend) is victim of the above mentioned situation. That is bad luck, but that is not a reason to change the rules of the game!!! You are NOT that important! As I said, majority is what is important, not you or me! And majority use MotS for their own purpose.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:28:48 PM by shomyguca »

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 12:35:45 PM »
You are NOT that important! As I said, majority is what is important, not you or me! And majority use MotS for their own purpose.
It is not about me or You . It is about that when some friends in  Top make an agreement who win/ get placed in WCC ,then all other in that country will play for nothing. Do you understand?  some people can waste work/dreams of many others. Do you want example? I can give you. Look at Greece Top Level . There was that situation and many teams were banned when games were set to win by right team.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:38:09 PM by Ruta »
  season 18

shomyguca

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Krivaca United
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 12:40:36 PM »
Look at Greece Top Level . There was that situation and many teams were banned.

Excellent! Ban all the cheaters, but don't remove MotS! :)
No, really, we don't have to argue any more. We don't agree about this topic. Now, let the other people say what they have to say. And finally admins will decide... Hopefully! :D

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 12:46:51 PM »
I am not aginst MOTS at all . I am against MOTS like we are now. But MOTS shouldn't be given just like that . MOTS should cost how much as is needed to make them unprofitable in situations where is don't needed.
  season 18

elcura

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 12:49:22 PM »
Guys (ruta and shomy) instead of argue about your differences start discussing about common interests. You both and many many more players want to change game for better so chill out.
I agree with both of you in some parts, MOTS should not be removed but weaken a lot... This way strong teams will not feel mots invasion on them and weaker teams will have option to plan important matches of the season.
Another thing mots should be costing players more condition OR manager condition for x weeks should be 0-20(not 0-100).

Please discuss about changes in game but dont fight, we dont need another topic fall apart because of our differences
Empire (23277) - Poland

Rasha

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 01:01:29 PM »
Guys (ruta and shomy) instead of argue about your differences start discussing about common interests. You both and many many more players want to change game for better so chill out.
I agree with both of you in some parts, MOTS should not be removed but weaken a lot... This way strong teams will not feel mots invasion on them and weaker teams will have option to plan important matches of the season.
Another thing mots should be costing players more condition OR manager condition for x weeks should be 0-20(not 0-100).

Please discuss about changes in game but dont fight, we dont need another topic fall apart because of our differences

Totally agree.

shomyguca

• National Team
    • View Profile
    • Krivaca United
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 01:02:32 PM »

8)

Lo Zar

• National Team
  • You'll never be drunk alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 01:03:09 PM »

Lo Zar, I want to remove token the most . You have to agree that even with tokens morale can rise to okey level, only.
Also I think , we are pushed to live with token users so make them live harder ( pay more money when using MOTS) is good to us.

Token users' wallet is bigger than you imagine! A solution could be to cap players condition after a mots to 90% for 10 days (numbers only for example). This would exclude an increased use of tokens.
  My team: ALCOLIZZATI (99365)  -  Italian Forum Moderator 

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 01:07:24 PM »

Token users' wallet is bigger than you imagine! A solution could be to cap players condition after a mots to 90% for 10 days (numbers only for example). This would exclude an increased use of tokens.
I am in:)
  season 18

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 01:12:54 PM »
I think it would be interesting to know wich manager is behind each opinion, i mean... every single user has his opinion and i think that's great, but every user follow their own interest mostly, i mean, a newbie or a manager playing alone in his league thinks they are great to give them a chance against bigger teams and you know what? I don't think it's fair, not fair at all.
Isn't your team strong enough to compete with oponent's, do a proper managerial work, use a defensive formation, play direct passing, use counter attack, try to neutralize opponent key players.... there are many ways to compete without mots, the real problem is that many people doesn't get the basic, they don't know to develop their players, rarely read game manual and thinks has the mots option to cover their cons as managers.

What will people say? You don't know what if feels to play as the weaker team? Guys, i started 14th in D level (the lowest division available in Argentina) nobody gave me  anything and i never used mots against a stronger team to take advantage, you have no idea how much satisfaction it brings.

Another thing came to my mind, and we spoke about it many times too: people say "there are many games to use mots, so there is a tactical factor involved on it", i want to remind you that people who plays WCC have far more matches to focus than just their 30 league matches, so their "tactical option" is a disvantage actually, if people would get league mots, cup mots and wcc mots (if they participate in it) then they would be playing under closer circumstances.