Author Topic: [POLL] MotS revisited  (Read 7069 times)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
[POLL] MotS revisited
« on: April 26, 2013, 04:52:47 PM »
Here is another poll on what changes, if any, should be made to the MotS system in GKO. I think the options in this poll best reflect the positions of most GKO users based on discussion from the last poll. The last poll was fairly evenly divided between those wanting to remove them entirely and those wantint to keep them unchanged. However, the options in the previous poll did not distinguish between WCL and non-WCL managers, nor did they specify reforms that might be made. This poll does both.

Note the difference between options 1 & 2: Do not vote for option 1 if you have never played a WCL match; do not vote for option 2 if you have.  This includes WCL qualification, group stage, and knockout matches.

Not included in the poll, I also think MotS should not be free and automatic if they are to be kept in the game. For me, a manager's ability to "get their squads extremely motivated and ready" depends on his/her activity with the squad. An inactive manager should not have this ability, imo. The concept here is that a manager cannot motivate his or her team without developing a strong "relationship" with the players by simply showing up (logging in) consistently.

There are approximately 125 days in a GKO season. I think each new season, one MotS should be awarded for every 50 separate days the manager logged in during the previous season. Thus, to get two MotS, a manager would need to log in during 100 of the 125 days or about 5.5 days, on average, per week, or 80% of the days in the season. It would be impossible to get more than 2 MotS.  A manager that logs in 3 times per week, on average, would get just 1 MotS.

Let us know what you think! ;)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:27:26 AM by Brian Clough »
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

Ruta

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
Re: MotS revisited
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 05:08:30 PM »
Option nr 5
My team Ruta Best (21685)
Winner of World Cup season 5 and season 29
Winner World Club Champions Cup
  season 18

bataraz

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 05:51:42 PM »
I vote for the 4th option. The teams who plays or have played WCC should have the same quanty of MotS than clubs who don't play WCC, but MotS should have an effect in condition because MotS increase his efforts to maximum and his condition shoul should be affected, IMHO. This is only my opinion ^^
Estudiantes de Olavarria (111776)
   Cup (Winner) Season 3
   D-24 (Runner Up) Season 4
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 4
   C-5 (Winner) Season 5
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 5
   B-3 (Winner) Season 6

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 06:09:30 PM »
Option nr 5

Same here.

I ike the MotS concept, even if i suffered some of them last season i think lower quality teams shoulf have a chance to beat a strong opponent, specially when we talk about national cup.

However, if we want to secure a fair competition in bigger levels, teams playing in competitive leagues should have the same chances than those who play in easy leagues when they meet in WCC,if a team managed to reach WCC it should be able to beat others under the same circumstances.

Also, i think that an extra effort shoulf require a penalty (extra condition lost or something) and those who receive a MotS shouldn't suffer a morale drop, MotS's side effect is too big IMHO.
My team: (95928)

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 06:13:30 PM »
I always defend mots, but I would reduce his effect. I can accept the different between play or not WCL, because those teams that have no strong league became dangerous in WCL due they could use them in that competition.
Nombre del club : Sopelana C.F. (50354)

Ologga

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 06:29:14 PM »
everybody has voted option 5 then please remove them as soon as.

Ewy

• Professional team
  • Siln?j�� pes mrd�
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 07:08:32 PM »
Option 5  ;)
My team: AFK Pe?ky (29543)

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 07:17:25 PM »

Option 5 is not to remove them.

Anyway, there are not enougth votes (the option winner is the same) to do nothing.

Ologga

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 07:31:44 PM »

Anyway, there are not enougth votes (the option winner is the same) to do nothing.

the game has 2,5 years of use and many times this same poll has made with the same result, remove mots. no more arguments needed.

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »

the game has 2,5 years of use and many times this same poll has made with the same result, remove mots. no more arguments needed.

bataraz

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 07:44:30 PM »
This option don't talk about remove mots. It talks about reduce his effects and about the need of add two more mots for the WCC competition. You need more atention to read!  ;)
Estudiantes de Olavarria (111776)
   Cup (Winner) Season 3
   D-24 (Runner Up) Season 4
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 4
   C-5 (Winner) Season 5
   Cup (Runner Up) Season 5
   B-3 (Winner) Season 6

Ologga

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 09:50:20 PM »
I add the option of remove mots yes, that is not included and is the most desired, a poll can't be made without include the all the possibilities.

Ologga

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 10:02:53 PM »

here there are not more than 100 active users in this forums, how many votes do you want?, think first why do you want to keep the mots active, nobody wants that and any strong team wants that, you yes, think why, or you only want to discredit me sistematically like a child. Please!

marius.82

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 10:11:41 PM »
BOTH OPTIONS 3 and 4  :)

Sopelana

• Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 10:15:05 PM »

Mots are good for weak teams and for teams with no cup and competitive league. For my team is better to remove mots. But I don't say that, I only say that nothing must do without quorom, in polls is sure that we haven't.

My way is keep them, but with less effect. But is only my opinion, to be rigth with my thinking, if I look for my interest, I should say to remove them.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:17:58 PM by Sopelana »

N-D-A-F

• All Star Team
    • View Profile
Re: [POLL] MotS revisited
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 01:06:15 PM »
i think we should have the chance to save an mots in one season than in next season we can have 3 mots :D
Albanian moderator
Albanian translator
Albanian nation manager
England moderator
Off-topic moderator