General Category > Suggestions/Bugs

POLL: costs and error in Team/Next Match Reports

(1/5) > >>

Brian Clough:
IMHO team reports and next match reports are given too freely in the game (to premium managers) while next match reports (NMRs) are too accurate and do not rely on team scouts, de-emphasizing the utility of team scouts which already have limited use in the game.  Here are my suggestions to alter this. Please vote for any you like (or the "none" option if you don't like any of them)

1) Team Reports and Next Match Reports should not be free, even for premium managers. These should cost some energy and nonpremium members should also have access to Team Reports at a higher cost. For example:

Energy Cost
Report                Premium            Nonpremium
Team                     20                        50
Next Match           40-200*                NA
*depending on team scout analysis skill level (1=200, 2=160, 3=120, 4=80 and 5=40)

2) Next Match Reports (NMRs) should reflect the performance of players in the matches being reported on and the quality of team scouts. The idea is that these reports are created not from thin air, but by team scouts watching the matches and making value judgements about player abilities. There are two aspects here: (a) the players' actual performances and (b) the ability of team scouts to judge them accurately.

(a) In each of the 5 matches given in "next match report" feature, skill values should reflect player performance in the match, not their expected/average values. For example, a player with a 10 rating in a match probably displayed skills at the high end of their range, while one with a 4 rating exhibited skills at the low end of the range. Thus the values for a given player would vary from match to match, depending on their performances.

(b) The accuracy of these (actual) values of player skills given in a NMR should also be based on team scout "judge player ability" quality. For a team with scouts of very bad level, these figures should contain significant error, whie "the best" scouts will yield perfectly accurate reports.

Here is a full example of how this would work for one skill (e.g. action pass ball on floor, but it could be any) with skill level range of 51-55 given in player analysis:

Range of possible values in NMR given different "judge player ability" levels**
Match Rating        Player Skill Level         1              2            3            4             5     
10                                55                  44-66      49-61      52-58    54-56        55
4                                  51                  40-62      45-57      48-54    50-52        51
max error                                             20%        10%         5%        2%         0%

**value given in NMR would not be a range of values like these, but a single value selected randomly from within the relevant spread.

top level:
this poll is unfair and misleading, because you allow more than one answer. therefor, a user that wants things to be changed can select all 5 answers, while a user that likes things the way they are can select only one answer. so, when we have 2 users voting, one for change and one against the change, the results show that 16,6% of the votes want things to stay the way they are, while 83,4% want a change.

Brian, i understand you want things to change, but manipulation is not fair play.

Brian Clough:

--- Quote from: top level on October 20, 2013, 07:25:25 PM ---this poll is unfair and misleading, because you allow more than one answer. therefor, a user that wants things to be changed can select all 5 answers, while a user that likes things the way they are can select only one answer. so, when we have 2 users voting, one for change and one against the change, the results show that 16,6% of the votes want things to stay the way they are, while 83,4% want a change.

Brian, i understand you want things to change, but manipulation is not fair play.

--- End quote ---

well don't look at % of votes, just the numbers. % of votes has no relevance I think

ofc any poll here is not an accurate measure of GKO user opinions, but it can be a helpful indicator and a nice way to stimulate discussion  :)

top level:
None of these. Keep these features unchanged.
    9 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

9 users voted against any change, 7 voted for some kind of a change.

Admin, if you decide to make this report accessible to non-premium, then i won�t have a reason to buy premium any more. i guess it wouldn�t be a bad idea after all.

Kr10s:
Fist of all, i like Brian's suggestions, more or less... there's only one thing i would be against: team report shouldn't be paid every time you want it, i think it would be okay to spend energy once, and get all the team reports you want that week. A team report can change drastically just switching a player, trying different combinations would be too expensive! Only one weekly payment should be enough IMO.

--- Quote from: top level on October 21, 2013, 07:47:08 PM ---Admin, if you decide to make this report accessible to non-premium, then i won�t have a reason to buy premium any more. i guess it wouldn�t be a bad idea after all.

--- End quote ---

I other words, do you need premium features to defeat your oponents?

I am premium user, and i think that everything is handed over too easily, i didn't buy premium membership because i want an advantage against non premium. I already improved my physio to the max level (i am not willing to spend money on token to heal my players) and i think that reports shouldn't be that acurate, despite i plan to improve my scout to help the NT, i wouldn't mind to be pushed to improve my scout at all.

Why did i bought premium? Because i love the full GKO experience:

* I can see matches in a different way that a non premium user, and the premium model is more enjoyable. Honestly i would never return to the old "everything appears suddenly" model.
* The individual stats you get when a match ends, always helps me to understand the match and what things i need to improve.
* I am active in the game, and i like that my activity period receive some kind of reward, 100 energy points, recovering at a 10/hour rate is too low IMO, having extra energy to do activities is always welcome.
* Custom cups are not only a training/incomes resource to me, they are also another reason to play the game, a game where you could only play 2/3 matches per week is boring. More matches, more fun!
* I like the loan feature, a lot. Having the chance to send my players somewhere else to improve his skill is a great thing. I am not used to send undeveloped youth outside, those who gets my players usually gets an improvement to their squads. In other words, i scratch their back, and they scratch mine.

Now, do you think i am against the chance that non-premium users could get those feats?

* I think that non premium users should get players in loan deals, with some restriction to avoid cheating issues, but i think that feat would be helpful to all. Let only premium users to send their players if you want, but at least let non premium users receive players, whey would be in a closer fairer situation than now.
* Custom cup to non premium? Why not? Give them less income/exp but let them play, let them enjoy the game more times a week, is that so bad?
* That said, why they can't get team reports too? Let them have some kind of extra penalty, but allow them to receive info, at least their own squad's report!

In the way i look at it, all/most features available to non premium users and some extra privileges to premium users can coexist... it happens in most online managers, why couldn't be here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version