Author Topic: [Bug?] Players proficient as AM and DM (same side) but not M (same side)  (Read 1524 times)

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
This doesn't make sense to me. For all intents and purposes, the M position combines those of the AM and the DM, depending on the flow of the game and the strategic/tactical plans. While it makes some sense that a player might be proficient as an AM and a DM (but not a M) on different sides (such as a DML, AMR proficient player), if they are on the same side (L, C, or R), the M proficiency should come automatically, IMHO.
Never sacrifice passion for glory!

intervention

• Professional team
    • View Profile
Re: [Bug?] Players proficient as AM and DM (same side) but not M (same side)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 06:03:29 AM »
In theory you are correct, it would make sense that a DML that is proficient in the AML position should also be proficient in the ML position... certanly you are correct that such a player should, in many cases, have stats mimicking a ML player also!

However, a players field position proficiency is not as simple as that in real life, so i guess this has been built into the game also :)

For a real life example, i can use myself... When in defense i would play CB, however i had to play right of center and struggled to play left of center! I could play ML or MR but in the center of midfield i could only play a DMC position (many moons ago lol).

So, although there are links with other positions, being proficient in specific 'zones' is a very delicate balance... and in essence not a lot to do with the skills of the player (to an extent)  :)

Talking is good, arguing is bad... telling the difference is genius :D

Etienne

• National Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 08:29:44 AM »
DML and AML are easier to play than ML, because you either have to focus on offensiv or defensiv tasks when ML is supposed to be more versatile.

admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 09:48:36 PM »
DML and AML are easier to play than ML, because you either have to focus on offensiv or defensiv tasks when ML is supposed to be more versatile.

Exactly.