Author Topic: Suggestion - Match result should affect morale a little  (Read 1518 times)

Kr10s

• Legendary Team
  • Out of service :P
    • View Profile
Suggestion - Match result should affect morale a little
« on: November 02, 2011, 10:54:21 PM »
To be honest, i like the new morale system, it make matches more fair and also alow some players be more important sometimes, however making all morale affected by player's performance has a little problem: high ranked teams tend to not improve goalkeeper's morale.

In my case, my team dominated his matches, i received only 1 shot at goal in 3 matches, so is impossible my keeper receives a rating higher than 6.... now.... should be a keeper with okay morale if he haven't received a goal in 3 matches? I'm not asking for "superb" morale, but i believe his morale should be in a similar level than his partners (defenders have Good morale, midfielders and my forward are very good), maybe Good morale should fit a little more, don't you think? He shouldn't be in the same level than a keeper that received 6 o 7 goals so far, even if he's not working that much, he's creating a decent record after all.

All said, i believe league result should have a minimum influence in player's morale, allowing very good/superb level only to those players that really makes things different.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:56:57 PM by CarlosT »
My team: (95928)

Etienne

• National Team
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion - Match result should affect morale a little
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 01:52:07 AM »
Personnaly I am not convinced about this system.
It's all about "the more you win, the more you will win".. and "the more you lose, the more you will lose". That's because player rating seems to be linked to match result in some way ( if you lose, that is because you are dominated, and if you are dominated, you didnt perform well )

And the fact that friendly does affect morale, so youths have very bad morale...

This beeing said, I like the idea that the player ranking does affect morale, but that should not be the only parameter...
Some ideas on what could affect also morale :
- league ranking
- contract renewal / contract length
- to be part of the starting eleven ( increase morale ) or never play ( morale decrease )
- when you buy or sell similar profil in the team ( if you buy a good striker, the actual ones should have a morale decrease, but if you sell one, the others should be happy to have less concurrence )
- player level in the starting eleven ( if the player is far better than other player, he may be unhappy and want to join a better club => decrease morale... on the contrary, a beginner like a youth should be very happy to play with good players => morale increase )
- etc...

Brian Clough

• Legendary Team
  • GKO Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Coolsport.tv - free live streaming football and other sports with great English chat...join us!
Re: Suggestion - Match result should affect morale a little
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 02:14:33 AM »
I too like the new morale system. It's acts like a "form" guide for player performance in recent matches. 8)

However I think CarlosT is half right. There is at least one match result should have an effect on all players on the pitch, and that's losing. From my experience playing the sport, winning or drawing has much less of an effect...unless certain events were involved.

IMO if match results are going to have any effect on morale, I think it should be limited to:
-losing (-)
-winning/losing by 4+ goals (+/-)
-coming back from a 2+ goal deficit to draw (+) or win (++)
-winning a cup final or league championship (++)
-beating a rival (+)
Never sacrifice passion for glory!